True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  11:01:23 AM  Show Profile
Until I'm off work today! LOL

I got about two and a half hours of sleep last night, so the time is going by suuuppppeeeerrr slloooooowww here at work this afternoon.

Anyone else at work right now? The Farmgirl Connection is my sanity check when I'm here...what do you do to keep from going crazy during the downtime??

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  11:17:11 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I am not at work but am deep cleaning the house and trying to email hubby back and forth. What ya having for dinner tonight???

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  11:21:14 AM  Show Profile
Hmm, I haven't given that much thought yet... maybe I'll make up the tuna noodle casserole recipe, but put chicken in it instead.... It's quick and easy, which is always nice after getting off work. How about you?

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  11:28:45 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thinking about cheese ravioli with just a little butter and parsely. It's been too hot to cook or eat and Charlie is in one of his not eating moods lately. Maybe give him some fruit and yogurt too.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  11:34:20 AM  Show Profile
Mm, ravioli sounds good. I think I'm in a pasta mood! It is awful hot to cook, though. I'll have to turn up the AC if I'm going to boil a pot of water for pasta or it'll feel like the tropics.

~Jodi

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  11:35:17 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Yep, at least today I got to open the windows...it's only in the low 90's instead of the 100's so I took advantage and I also need to let bad vibes out and good one's in.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  11:44:24 AM  Show Profile
The fresh air is great for the good vibes, that's for sure. I like the summer breeze coming through the house when it's not boiling hot outside. Summer air smells good, too...

~Jodi

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  11:48:17 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I have been putting all of my laundry on the porch...I look a little redneck but I can't stand to heat up the house just to dry clothes when I have dry Texas air and sun to help me out for free. It smells fresh in here right now and I am quite relaxed..it feels good.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  12:03:57 PM  Show Profile
Lol, I think it's more farmgirl than redneck. Funny how that line gets blurred so often... When I do something that people laugh at me for (and give me the whole 'well, you ARE from Idaho, so what do we expect' thing), I think FARMGIRL, not country hick.

~Jodi

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  12:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Oh, I embrace my redneckedness...HA!! IS that a word??? I just think it is a shame that they couldn't put even a single line at each apartment to let people hang out their things. I am going to pick up a collaspable one somewhere for my smaller items and then I just hang my shirts and pants in the door ways where there is a nice breeze. Even my kinda think jean dried in less than 45 minutes outside.

Got to get some more cleaning done...grrr....

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  4:08:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for 'keeping me company' this afternoon, Heather!! It was nice to chat a bit. I'm signing off since I finally get to start closing up here -- Then I can go home! Yay!

~Jodi

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  4:38:34 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
YAY!!! I hope you have a good night. I am still barrelling away here while Charlie watches "Diego" on tv. Then it is story time, brush teeth, prayers and off to bed (for him and ME!!!)

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic COUNTDOWN!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page