Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Can I use a blog... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  9:35:40 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
as a place to advertise my possible new cleaning business?? After the disappointment over the job hunt, I am thinking about going back to cleaning houses. It is flexible, I can work fast, I come with a bunch of references and to be unique, I would use organic or natural cleaners, unless specified by the home owner and I could leave a monthly newsletter with a recipe or tips. I just was wondering how I could leave an internet address where they could look me up, kinda check me out? Could I use a blog???

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  10:58:47 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I don't see why not. I've seen people post pics and descriptions of items for sale, so why not services? You could describe your day-to-day doings as they happen, to give people the idea of the process...blogs are versatile and can be used for all sorts of good things, so why not?

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  05:13:02 AM  Show Profile
Try Craig's List www.craigslist.com as well. You can list yourself under services and have the reply come right through the site. You may have an easier time being found by local people. Good luck! :)

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

Edited by - Mumof3 on Jun 23 2008 05:13:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  07:28:07 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Heather.... BEST of Luck with your new venture......

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  07:39:42 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Rene!! And all...I just thought I am smart, marketable, I like working mostly by myself and the hours would be flexible for me and that old Charlie boy. I figured a blog would give them a place to come check me out. Thanks for the ideas and luck!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  10:44:49 AM  Show Profile
Just be careful. I knew someone who started advertising something on her blog, Wordpress I think, and it was yanked. Read the particulars of the blog closely and then proceed. Craigslist is good.

Winona ;-)

When you lose, don't lose the lesson!!

http://goneriding.wordpress.com/

Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  12:45:35 PM  Show Profile
I think Craigslist is better -- you need to be able to be found, and I don't know how local people would locate you via a blog. What Craigslist really gives you is a free classified, and that's what you want.

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  1:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
You can also try yahoo. Yahoo let me set up a really basic free web page for my cleaning service.
I think your idea for a monthly recipe and newsletter is nice. You could probably use your blog for that, but a squidoo lens might be easier to work with. I am thinking the yahoo page gives the option to link to (I think) three other pages. So you could put the add to your blog or squid lens there so the peeps would know how to get to the newsletter.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart." Helen Keller
http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Can I use a blog... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page