Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 How long can u REALLY use those water filters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic How long can u REALLY use those water filters Next Topic  

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  12:45:23 PM  Show Profile
I have one of those water pitchers with the filter that you have to replace..okay it's the Brita one but there are others that are similar. But it has a little thing on the top that somehow knows when you need to replace the filter. How does it know? Those filters are not cheap and they seem to "expire" pretty quickly. Does anyone know how long they really last and if you can use them longer? Or is there a better more economical way to filter water? Maybe I'm just a tight-wad! LOL!
Thanks!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  12:54:06 PM  Show Profile
I use Brita, too. They say three months, and I know ours sometimes goes almost 6 months, just because time flies! I know they are costly, but a lot less expensive than continuing to buy bottled water, and I do taste the difference in our tap water after it goes through the filter. I would think they make the expiration date short, to have more resales. It does not hurt to make them last longer.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  1:07:55 PM  Show Profile
I use mine for 2-3 months. I change them when the filters get way slooooow to filter the water.

Farmgirl Sister #204
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  1:14:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh that's great! That timer thing on the top does NOT go 2-3 months....I don't mind 2-3 months at all but once every 1-2 weeks is too much for me. Thank you! I'm just going to put it on my pc to pop-up a reminder every 3 months and see how that goes and even 2 months is much better than that timer thing. I definitely think they were doing that for resales...thanks again you gals....just here in AR trying to save a little money and still have fresh water.

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  6:46:48 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes after 3 months (or even 4 or 5) I begin to taste the difference......that is when I change the filter. But I think Brita is a good alternative for good water from the tap. That may change in the part of the country in which you live. We have a lot of minerals in our water and floride, too. When it is filtered, it definitely tastes better.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic How long can u REALLY use those water filters Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page