mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2008 :  10:17:56 PM  Show Profile
We have a few puppy stains from when we were training our doxie pup. I treated them when they first happened, but it seems as time goes on, the stains are reappearing on my carpet. There are two directly across fromt he front door! Does anyone know of anything I can do to minimize these stains? As time passes the stains are getting more obvious - darker. Help!!! (I've tried all the common commercial carpet cleaners in a can)

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  05:50:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sherri...welcome to my world! If they're by the door, it's probably because the foot traffic dirties the stains up....Our little Beagle, Daisy Bad Seed, has finally been potty trained.

What kindof cleaner are you using? I found that, even with the enzymatic cleaner, after a time the stains reappeared. Sometimes even after I steam cleaned. It can be SO frustrating! I've also used a solution of baking soda, Borax and vinegar...but boy howdy did that stink.

Eventually, I ended up going to my vacuum store and buying an industrial cleaner. It actually did the trick.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  05:57:03 AM  Show Profile
The best thing I found to work 100% is a little Bissell spot remover machine. I put a 50/50 vinegar/hot water solution in it and the stains came up pronto. The machine was just under $100, but it sure was cheaper than replacing the carpet.

Farmgirl Sister #204

Edited by - JenniferJuniper on Jun 19 2008 09:52:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  07:56:36 AM  Show Profile
Thanks gals - I wish I had a little Bissell machine - but it's going to be on my wish list!
Jonni - the better question would be what kind of cleaner have I NOT tried - seems like everything. I haven't tried the vinegar solution that Jennifer suggests though. Might try that when I can get a machine. Thanks again!

Farmgirl Sister #98
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  09:31:48 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Rhonda! Next time I'm by a Walgreens I"ll see if I can find it!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

campchic
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Erin
Nebraska
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  12:57:00 PM  Show Profile
try a woolite pod. It seems to work the best on our dogs' oops. It has oxy action too.

Erin

Farmgirl #190
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9325 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9325 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  07:32:42 AM  Show Profile
I just used the oxy stuff they sell in a spray bottle. Got it from Walmart and that stuff works great on urine stains. Haven't seen any come back yet. Only new ones she has made but I plan to use this again. BTW, the stains I got clean were there for quite sometime before I got a chance to clean them and they came right out.

Denise

farmgirl sister #43

"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Puppy "Oops" stains Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page