Page: of 2

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2008 :  10:26:18 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Karen and I were talking on another thread about Jane Austen - and the movie called "Becoming Jane". Then we thought.. what a great idea for our MaryJane... "becoming maryjane" a- midway memoir..... hmmmmmmmmmm

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  05:55:44 AM  Show Profile
I'd love to read it!!!! Maryjane has such a fasinating inspiring life!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  05:48:28 AM  Show Profile
Im in too what a great book that would be!
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  08:56:36 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
WE get peices of "it" in the magazines... would be fun to just group them altogther and put them in one place...

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  1:18:15 PM  Show Profile
I'd definitely get a copy of a book like this!!! ((hint hint, MaryJane!!)

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

moxieblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

121 Posts

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  1:52:38 PM  Show Profile
Agreed... that would be a fabulous book. I'd buy it for sure.

http://vintage-moxie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  3:41:33 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I have all of MaryJane's current books and magazines ( back issues).. and love that we certainly get a lot of her heart. I hope that you all have all her books and Magazines.. but I am still pushing for a "becoming Jane" book.

By the way, just got her latest in the mail... OM..... it is so beautiful!

Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  5:34:47 PM  Show Profile
I agree, that would be a wonderful book. I'd sure buy one!
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  1:06:43 PM  Show Profile
If this were a book I would devour it immediately!!! How amazing would that be to read a lovely "becoming jane" book!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  7:59:51 PM  Show Profile
gosh gurlfrenz .. i'm thinking this book has already been written .. her LIFEBOOK gives us all such a wonderous look at her life and philosophies! but another one would be a good thang too! xo

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  12:28:51 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Yep, I know what your saying, but I think there are more "Jane-isms" to share, new experiences and people she has met and maybe new perspectives....

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  06:45:21 AM  Show Profile
oh my .. no doubt .. as life goes on we all have wonderful new chapters in our book of life. xo

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  07:48:55 AM  Show Profile
Well...to tell the truth....when I picked this post I thought of MJ NOT Jane Austen....fooled me! I am in an MJ mindset I guess! And I guess I'm more practical than romantic so haven't read much of JA!
Did anyone see the major network (can't remember which one...Dateline NBC maybe?) a few weeks ago they had a story about (unfortunately) a murder that took place in the Palouse region....bad news but they filmed alot of the countryside which was SO BEAUTIFUL and that's why I watched it and violence is so rare there I guess that it was a "story"...not sure when it happened it could have been a re-run but I kept watching to see the countryside and the small towns....reminds me so much of the small town/countryside I grew up where time has stood still! I love that! I've got to get back there where I grew up because it really hasn't changed either!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  07:33:12 AM  Show Profile
Ladies...this whole "MaryJanes" site, is just about overwhelming to me, NEVER did I know there were so many with like minds about such as me...This is thrilling, every time I read, I just get excited all over again, to know there are ladies out there in cyber space that feel as I do about land, farms, flowers, sewing, cooking and all the things that make us women....I am about besides myself...Thanks for your chatter....My mothers could not understand me, when I was small, these things were me, and she could not figure out why...NOW I know...they are just built into us....
Thanks again!!!

Farmgirls are Farmgirls no matter where or how we live.....
http://frocksfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  08:08:38 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Terri,
I love that thought "they were just built into us". I think that is right.. Glad your here.

http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  10:12:00 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Terri- you couldn't have said it anymore perfect. It is so true "they are just built into us"!!!!

When I stand before God at the end of my life I hope that I would not have a bit of talent left and could say “I used everything You gave me”.(erma bombeck)
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  8:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Terri as another newbie I agree totally. This is an awesome site! My sisterhood membership pkg and one of MJ's books is on its way to me now and I'm almost beside myself in anticipation. It's been drivin' me nuts watching the mail for it. Finally tonight I remembered I had a tracking code and know it's in my state now so should be here maybe tomorrow...yippeee! I agree that any book Mary Jane would write would be a best seller amongst the sisters.

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  01:04:12 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful to know there are others out there like me!!!!
I guess I am not goofy after all, told my mother about this site, and she said"I should fit right in"...!!!
Sooooooo glad to be here....

Farmgirls are Farmgirls no matter where or how we live.....
http://frocksfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  06:23:44 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Terri,
We are thrilled you are here too.

Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  3:28:17 PM  Show Profile
I am thinking I need MJ's other books, also...I go through them and through them...

Farmgirls are Farmgirls no matter where or how we live.....we can't help it! ;)
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  3:45:31 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
I bought my first magazine and then watched the blizzard!! I had to have every book and magazine and devoured it all!! I know I should, but I cant bring myself to share the Ideabook.. I am constantly refering to it. I can not get enough!!!!

Marcy #257

When I stand before God at the end of my life I hope that I would not have a bit of talent left and could say “I used everything You gave me”.(erma bombeck)
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  3:56:03 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Terri, All her (MaryJane) books are such a great investment. I would also recommend her past issues of the magazine. For $25 for the whole bundle it is a HUGE amount of info for the investment. I think this is what Karen ment by PMJ ) Power of MaryJane

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Mae West

Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  7:59:59 PM  Show Profile
Is the PMJ just good old fashioned LOVE..for the earth we walk on, old fashioned skills, kindness, good food, and so on and so on...Is that it?....Do we all have that?...I THINK SO!thanks for all of your special little "ideas" of MJ's....I too, cannot help myself with all of her books, magazines and now my house looks like that "Farmgirl" thing....I have 20 or so aprons cut out and started sewing today,,,Am I crazy or what?....LOL!!!!

Farmgirls are Farmgirls no matter where or how we live.....we can't help it! ;)
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  9:16:54 PM  Show Profile
LOL You all just sound like the best farmgirls that just needed someone to show them the way as sometimes people forget to pass on the skills. Carry on girls!!
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  06:50:54 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Terri, I don't think you're crazy. I think you've found yourself.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  09:15:15 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Awe Karen, I love that thought "I think you found yourself".

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Mae West

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Book Ideas: Previous Topic Becoming Jane Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page