5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  7:02:54 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful!!!!! At 51, I have finally found myself...LOL<<<<LOL!!!!!!!
My DH will like to hear that...only bought many dollars worth of fabric for aprons today, Ya'll still dont think I am a little on the kookoo side....
Thank-you to all of you who keep this thread going.....This is great!!!!

Farmgirls are Farmgirls no matter where or how we live.....we can't help it! ;)
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  3:06:39 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
My hubby looks at me a little goofy when I make aprons or work on merit badges..it doesn't matter to me. I wouldn't have it anyother way. The farmgirl sisterhood is amazing!

Marcy #257

When I stand before God at the end of my life I hope that I would not have a bit of talent left and could say “I used everything You gave me”.(erma bombeck)
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  4:44:58 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Terri, I found myself 3 months ago when I bought my first MaryJanes Farm magazine and I'm 52.

Wanna know something else really cool? My parents built the house Robbie and I are now living in back in 1968. That spring my dad. at the age of 52, broke ground on the other side of the driveway to put in some gardens. Guess what? Next year we're breaking ground (if you can call lasagna gardening "breaking ground") on the same patch of land. I'll still be 52 and walking right in my father's footsteps - literally. Yep, I've found myself - and I didn't even realize I'd was lost. How's that for walking mindlessly through life?

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  5:09:42 PM  Show Profile
Best Hen "Fren" Karen:

All roads lead home... dontcha know that? This (MJF-MaryJanes Forum) is the "home" in our hearts. We all feel welcome, special, gifted, encouraged, strengthed and loved here. Its where we visit when we are angry, sad, ornery (more me than anyone!) or happy; we visit to bask in the glow of the best gift ever: farmgirl friendship.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  06:06:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have been on this forum for a few years. I know I felt like I found long lost family when I found MaryJane. I was always kind of different than everyone else. I walked to my own pace even in Elementary school. I had friends but rarely did I find friends that loved my interests as much as I did.

But what I hadn't known I was missing, was tons of like interests that I hadn't been exposed to (or shunned growing up since I was a bit of a tom-boy). And when I found the forum I was amazed. I felt like everyone was instantly my friend which was a rather different feeling since, as I stated before, I always walked to my own beat and in public schools that often means that you aren't "cool".

I remember my first garden I had no idea what I was doing and my mom very sweetly let me have a "bit of earth" to myself. I planted many things, but the only thing that grew was zucchini. This was in elementary school. I turned the earth myself, planted the seeds, and watered it. A few years after the great zucchini year, I planted another garden. This time I had a great harvest of tomatoes, lavender, 2 types of mint and even a little tiny asparagus plant.

I think the think I love most about this forum is that no matter who joins, they become part of my huge family because it seems that somehow, the great MaryJane magnet draws so many amazing women here! I love it

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  8:04:18 PM  Show Profile
Hello Farmgirls...I am still in awe of myself, having finally found "me" even though I am over 50,,,,,
I feel as if, I am a bird let out of a cage, I too, have always been a wee bit "different", tis hard to keep friends, when one is soo different, grew up very much the same as Alee...no friends or a VERY few....my parents were very abusive, so, we didnt go anywhere for fear that everyone would find out....then I turned 16 got my license, and they could not keep this bird in her cage anymore, now 30 some years later and 2 marriages, 6 grown children , I find my self,,,,,....this is hilarious.....Thanks to all of you Farmgirl Sisters that just accept me and my sometimes of posts....Your the best....

Farmgirl Sister #368
http://froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  2:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
It is so wonderful to find so many independent, but like minded women in place isn't it. Even comforting, if you ask me.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Book Ideas: Previous Topic Becoming Jane Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page