Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Oh, how I've missed this sound!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Oh, how I've missed this sound!!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  10:26:27 PM  Show Profile
Jonni,
What little bit my dear dial up would let me hear I really liked.
It was so awesome to get to hear a bit of his voice after you sharing about him off and on in your posts. Thank you.
It is true, your love for him and wanting the best for him shows. I for one applaud you.
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  06:42:33 AM  Show Profile
I listened to Borderlands on the website.........it was broken and choppy due to my extremely slow internet.What I could hear gave me a weird feeling....in a great way. Like something you've seen or heard for the first time but somehow its familiar in your heart. I know that sounds weird but not quite sure how else to describe it. His voice has a clarity and drawing effect. How could anybody ignore his voice at a club. I find it compelling.
I can't wait to hear it without it breaking up and being choppy. That will be phenomenal.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  07:03:53 AM  Show Profile
OMG !!!

I waited for the song to download fully and am playing back now. Don't know why but I am crying.........Love it !!!

Best music I have heard in awhile. Its beautiful. God love him......

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  07:22:31 AM  Show Profile
Good. It gave me a weird feeling too...in a very good way :) Because the song is so personal to me, I actually cried when I first heard the few words he'd put to it. I instantly knew what it was about...and the music sortof haunts me.

There were several times, while driving and listening to WNKU that, suddenly, I would hear the opening strums of the guitar and think, "I know this! Why do I know this?" and then...ahhh, it's our song. On the radio :)

People have always asked me if Justin writes me love songs...he does, only not the typicaly "baby I love you" songs...this is one, and another off of the Skywriters Penmanship Trials (an acoustic cd he made originally as a Christmas gift for friends and relatives, that he ended up releasing) is about our first months together in Autumn.

I am also going to send you, Linda, his How to Try without Succeeding cd, from 2003. There is a song called "You in his eyes" that is written about him attending a funeral of his mother's Uncle, who had committed suicide, in Georgetown, Ohio, where she grew up (in a rather tortured family)...she left Georgetown and Justin never knew that part of the family, but he wanted to "know"...and apparently, he resembled this Uncle.

Oh my! I just read your recent post...I'm really happy--that the song seems to affect you the same way. Wow, if I could take off right now and drive the cd out to you myself, I surely would. Silly work gets in the way of everything.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  07:27:00 AM  Show Profile
Ooooh, Jonni, you are sooooooo blessed! No wonder you love to hear him play and sing. I listened to several of his songs on there and I just LOVE him. His voice is so smooth and clear. I would so love a cd if you have any left.

I sure hope he doesn't give up his wonderful talent. Would a deluge of farmgirl fan mail help, you think?

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  07:31:10 AM  Show Profile
I'd be glad to send a cd your way, Lisa! Thanks so much for your comments....When I told him last night that I was sending a few cd's out, he was very pleased and said, "that's what they're for, is to listen. Hope the gals like em'.."

I do feel blessed, for sure, in many, many, ways.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  07:34:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I can hardly wait to listen to it at home without interruption. Thank you so much.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  07:46:23 AM  Show Profile
Lisa, just email me through the forum and send me your address...I will send the "western" girls (you and Carol Sue ) out tomorrow a.m.

Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  08:25:50 AM  Show Profile
Gosh the price of gas it would cost you a fortune. I know when I drive out to Sunflower Sundries I have to take out a loan....lol. I don't know if you remember but I went out their with Lisa but I didn't go on the hike. I was fighting a sinus infection and felt horrible. But I still wanted to be their so bad. Sorry I didn't take the farm tour now. I missed out.

I really can't wait to hear them all. Thanks a bunch.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2891 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2891 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  08:43:37 AM  Show Profile
Ha Ha girls!! I already have this CD(THANKS Jonni & Juss!) & pulled it out while typing appraisals today. Love Borderlands & have to agree with miss wilma on #9. miss wilma is one rockin chick. Jus has the clear pure voice of an angel on some cuts, but is able to adapt to many styles. Just shows his versatility & talent. Linda, when I saw that you were going to get this CD, I thought, you are gonna LOVE it & I think Eric will too.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  08:57:44 AM  Show Profile
Of course I remember you, Linda :) Pretty red hair, how could I forget!!! That was sure a fun time at Sunflower...we'll do it again hopefully next year! Especially since I miss that darn Asparagus Festival every year. Seems like 200 things are going on that weekend ....I know what you mean about taking out a loan to drive...we put $20.00 in on Wednesday, and we're already scraping the "E"....

Yep, Lisa has the cd, too...thanks, Lisa for the review--I like all kinds of music, and so does Jus--guess that's where all those influences culminate. I know this is EARLY notice, but he's playing out sometime in November, with a good friend and fellow musician, Ritt Dietz (who is phenomenally talented, and his sons are his band!)...it's actually the only show he will commit to, is with Ritt. Jus admires him, and doesn't want to let him down. But anyway, the show is in November, so maybe we can hook up for dinner and some live music.

Edited by - KYgurlsrbest on Jun 20 2008 09:02:37 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Oh, how I've missed this sound!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page