lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  2:09:59 PM  Show Profile
Everything! The pretty aprons, the gorgeous photographs, the feeling of nostalgia reading the magazine gives me, the old vintage items, the stories, the total organic-ness of it all!

Chelsey
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  2:11:32 PM  Show Profile
I also love how I feel connected to the world I love! I am a fan of making something with my own two hands! I love the women here already and it is my first "real" day posting on this forum.

Chelsey
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  2:56:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I find most of my conversations with my mom and sisters starts with "The other day on the forum so and so said..... isn't that interesting? I can't wait to give it a try!"

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  4:17:35 PM  Show Profile
so many FUN gurlz here! love hearing your stories and seeing your photos! i've met some wonderful 'true friends' from maryjane's farmyard!! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  1:39:16 PM  Show Profile
I agree with all of you. It feels like family. We can come be ourselves and be accepted and not be judged. We share the same ideals, hobbies, and make friends! It's the friendship, the sharing experiences and learning from other farmgirls just like us. It feels like home, that is why I stay.

AngiKay
www.angikay.etsy.com

Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  08:03:21 AM  Show Profile
For me, this forum is not only a place of meeting like-minded friends, it is an outlet to fully express myself and have the freedom to go "outside the box" society seems to put us in. I live in a neighborhood piled high with covenants and rules. Each home is supposed to look, act and feel like all the others. But that is not me, so I suppose in a way, it is a way to allow the "Rebel Jane" in me out! Most of the homes in our neighborhood are a subdued shade of boring. We just painted ours a color called "Fresh Hay" which is exactly the color of wonderful freshly harvested hay! It makes me feel like our house should be sitting in the middle of a wheat field! Permanent concrete curbing is all the rage in this neighborhood, but I found wonderful recyled used brick free on Craigslist. I garden and am trying to figure out if I can get away with a clothesline (another covenant breaker . . .) Anyway, my point is, you can be a farmgirl anywhere and this forum just encourages me to keep going. Now if I could just figure out how to hide some chickens in my nieghborhood?!

Thanks MaryJane for letting us have a place to express our inner farmgirl!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlof4
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Angela
Canyon Country California
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  8:24:45 PM  Show Profile  Send farmgirlof4 a Yahoo! Message
Well I am newer than you christina and I feel the same way. I need a grandma's house. Remember we were all kids and we visited Grama, she stood in her English Kitchen with an apron that was like a second skin to her and cooked dinner. I would run around the vegetables and help her pick what we wanted or dinner...the smells the love that went into it says with me still. But I lost the home to visit that still provides that, through Mary Jane I am able to help re-create the smells the pure joy of being a mother and a farmgirl for my kids and hubands. Thanks so much I am home!!

.....always a farmgirl at heart!
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  9:21:16 PM  Show Profile
The thing that keeps me at MaryJanes in the feeling of sistership I find there. Never did I imagine when I let Mom talk me into joining this "radical" group of farmgirls...(yes! I was a skeptic at first!)that I would find women with whom I could ask questions, share stories, and find sweet support. I know that in the middle of the night, I can catch Carol Sue and her dear humor will lift me up. In the evenings, I can find AngiKay and sweet, sweet sheperdgirl to "chew the cud" with and feel normal. Alee is always there with her endearing stories of her and Nora and it lets me know that someone out there is knowing what it likes to fight with cloth diapers and that soft cheese will feed even the crankiest toddler.
If I had to choose one reason, it would be my dear sisters, that are living in my computer and posting on my favorite haunt!:)
hugs Jessie

Farmgirl Sister #235

http://crshelpmeet-heartssong.blogspot.com/

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. -- Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  11:43:15 PM  Show Profile
The magazine is wonderful! It has useful, fun information that my eyes eat up, beautiful pages perfectly balanced with great pictures and words, and pretty patterns and fun things to do. I love it!

Chelsey

Farmgirl Sister #283
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  05:48:05 AM  Show Profile
It's a whole new wonderful world for me! It has certainly added much rich friendship to my life!
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  1:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
I haven't been here long, but I do intend on staying indefinitly. For a few years I have been on this personal journey to be me, which brought me here. I have found a place that lets me be me. I can explore things and ideas without fear. I really like knowing there are women who are farmgirls like me.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  3:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Marcy,
I love that description~ I defined "farmgirl" as the only title big enough to hold all the different aspect of me.... right! sounds like you would understand that!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  7:43:38 PM  Show Profile
What keeps me at Mary Janes?...well...let me think....When you feel all alone with the things that are in your heart about the earth(dirt), animals, "Green, kindness, doing unto others as you would have them do to you, etc.,...and others think you really are crazy...well, then you find others who are soooo like minded, plus the Spiritual side...that is what keeps me at Mary Janes....Idont feel so all alone in my thinking anymore...
Thank-you Farmgirl Sisters and Mary Jane

Farmgirl Sister #368
http://froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  8:19:32 PM  Show Profile
All the farm sisters sharing what's important to each of us .The laughs and tears.... We are Family! Especially the great topics we start and add our 2 cents to.

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  07:25:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Jan 29 2009 5:11:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  07:26:40 AM  Show Profile
This place has trult become my "shelter from the storm". I am an old hippie, you know, went to Woodstock, went to San Francisco, I used to think the world offered endless possibilities...As I grew older and my life became more complicated, by illness, depression, family adventures, I have turned iinto a bit of a recluse. I have always had my sewing to soothe my soul, but the people I have met here have enriched my life so much. I joined, then ignored the site for several months, I had MaryJane's big book for a long time, and then one day just jumped in to the pond.
I agree with everyone that this is a place of calm and acceptance And fun and learning It is my first stop on the internet in the morning, and often my last at night. It is such a comfort to me to know all these women are out there enjoying their lives and plowing through There is a connection here with women and life that I'd been missing for years....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  3:17:09 PM  Show Profile
1. My wonderful son - 6 doesn't want to get his hands dirty. Yep that's right. I grew up in small town Texas digging planting and running wild and my son is scared that worms might touch him if he digs in the dirt. On my way to remembering my roots I found yall.
2. Yall truly do inspire me to be a better person. Happier and nicer and more at peace. I hope to stick around awhile!
Go to Top of Page

susanreno
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Susan
West Chester PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  5:57:39 PM  Show Profile
I got goosebumps reading through all the eloquent, thoughtful, and most-importantly, honest responses in this thread. I feel so lucky to be a part of this group. I am pretty new to this site but can't imagine not being a part of it on a daily basis. My husband is getting used to me saying things like, "well, I asked the farmgirls about it..." or "oh, this was something interesting the farmgirls were talking about..." and other comments like that. Like so many of you have already said, I really feel at home here... really feel like I can be myself.

I have gotten so used to being considered different and having to, in some situations, almost underplay things I like to do so that I don't come across like I'm trying to show off or make other women feel inferior. It's like, "hey, I'm not trying to impress anyone or make other people feel like they don't do enough, this is just the way I LIKE to do things for me and my family!!" Why does it have to turn into anything more? Anyway... so my point is is that here I don't feel that way. EVER. And I love that. Thank you all for everything so far and I look forward to many, many more great threads.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  7:05:42 PM  Show Profile
Love, pure and simple. For over 4 years, I have not been disappointed with the friendship I find here. I mentioned it in the first few posts here on this thread, and I say it again. The love here is real.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Oct 17 2008 7:07:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  11:09:01 PM  Show Profile
Here I can be me. The me inside myself that keeps wanting to come out.
The me that has been restraint for way too many years. The me that is longing for friendship, laughter and fun, but also for a kind word, a shoulder to lean on, answers to questions I can't ask anywhere else.
I have no family left, just my brother in Thailand, my cousin in Canada and a very very good friend in my street, they are my only family.
So yes I am very lonely and sad often, but when I come here it makes me feel less sad and less alone.
I just found this place a few short months ago and I really feel at home.
Thanks gals, you're the best!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
my new BLOG.
I have added "new" creations, take a look :)
And also some pictures of my village, come for a visit
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  7:09:05 PM  Show Profile
I agree with everything everyone has said. i don't always say things as well as others and you guys said it all for me. I am here and am having fun.

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

LunaTheFarmLady
True Blue Farmgirl

448 Posts

Luna
Rineyville KY
USA
448 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2008 :  09:10:17 AM  Show Profile
Teresa Sue (Contrary Wife) put all the right words together for me. I don't remember how long I've been here, not that long really, maybe a year. I first found it somehow in NJ as I was looking to change my life. But I could not find a chapter. I remember I ordered the calendar 2006, and stuck it on the fridge. The pic of MJ in her boots and lacy skirt and work gloves just resonated with me. That is the inner me, the soul of me. I was too shy to get into the forum or maybe I didn't have time but I never did till I got here to my little farm. One day, I found it again and here I've stayed. It's a place of community and sisterhood. Generosity and kindness. And just plain Fun and Celebration of being Girl/Lady/Woman...all the parts of me. Sometimes I get busy and don't check in for a while but I miss you all! It is like coming home.

Luna The Farm Lady
http://blueballmountainspindleneedleworks.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2008 :  7:47:57 PM  Show Profile
I love the fellowship and being able to know how everyones lives. I was gone for a while while I was moving and when I returned it was like I had never been away. Everyone welcomed me back and I just picked up from where I left off.
I think Mary Jane has done a wonderful thing for all women. Sometimes you might be lonely or depressed and you can always log on and have a friend to talk to.It is great.

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From Sheep to Handspun."
http://mountainmorningfarm.blogspot.com
http://www.youravon.com/rgriffin0799
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  04:45:05 AM  Show Profile
Oh, what keeps me here?! Every single one of you women! I used to visit multiple times a day, but I have gone back to work full time and have been around much at all. I miss it...I don't even know if I can put into words how wonderful it is to know that there are friendly, creative, wise, strong, caring...etc. women in the world that care about each other. I'll always be a farmgirl!!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  05:15:47 AM  Show Profile
This is home. This is my family. This is part of my "roots".
Bloom where you are planted! I cannot imagine, for a nano-moment, my life without the essence of Mary Jane and my farmgirl friends. I have made life long connections here....something I've failed to do in my 37 years. Yeah.... this is HOME....

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com
http://gyspycowgirlcreations.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Book Ideas: Previous Topic What keeps you at MaryJanes? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page