Page: of 3

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  9:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Patricia- Another idea might be if someone can't draw is actual photos or doing like a scrapbook page and photographing it.

I just love stuff like this...
Cheers,

Heather
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  08:15:22 AM  Show Profile
Patricia, could we do a collage of our simple pleasures and take a picture or scan it to you ? My mind is working and I want to try to see if I can get something going ? If this doesn't sound like something you would like, please let me know----I am going to do one for me !!! Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Park Avenue
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Michele
Paradise Valley Alberta
Canada
57 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  08:29:58 AM  Show Profile
I guess I am only learning the value of simple pleasures as I get older (38) and realise my kids are almost grown and will be going off to college in the summer. Life is short and i am learning to enjoy. Some of my plesures are:
* knowing my kids are safe and happy, and tucked in their beds.
* puppy breath
* seeing a load of laundry hanging on the line...my gramma always said there is nothing prettier!
* having a nicely stacked wood pile
* making that perfect loaf of bread
* the first sip of morning coffee when the house is still cold and dark and everyone else is still asleep.
* the smell of woodsmoke

looking over my list I realise my life is good.
Michele
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  09:55:56 AM  Show Profile
Heather and Michelle ~ Woo hoo! Cindylou said she and MJ think the farmgirls are an immensely talented and creative bunch and here you go proving it!!

I think a collage illustrating your simple pleasures would be perfect! It also takes into account Farmgirls who don't feel comfortable with drawing or painting. Please, collage away and let me see what you come up with.

BTW, wouldn't those collages plus a copy of your simiple pleasures post make wonderful Christmas gifts for those you love? Just remember, you will have to give me permission to print them.

Farmgirls rule!

Hugs,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  1:11:12 PM  Show Profile
More in the "Lab" department - our chocolate lab, Annie, is almost 2 1/2. She has grown up so much in the last few months - just a big sweetheart with a fierce bark for birds, squirrels and any people outside she sees. Little do they know, she'd only lick them to death, if she got to them! Not to leave anyone out, I love my cat, Chloe, also! I'm glad to hear your dog who was shot is doing well.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  2:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Patrica- YIPPEE!!! WHen would you need them by?? And are we going to send them to you?? I love being creative and I willing to help out anyway I can!! YIPEEE!!!

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  2:57:24 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I'm just starting to work and some things will take time. For one thing, I'm writing to famous/interesting people and asking them for their 'simple pleasures', so there's plenty of time. We all have the holidays to contend with and there's no rush. I want to wait for more Farmgirl contributions, too. Yes, send them to me. I'll email you my address if you don't have it. You go girl!

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  3:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I just get so excited...I can't wait to see what other people come up with...Thanks...I start to work on mine....YIPEEEE
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  4:29:35 PM  Show Profile
KDJ and Meadowlark....yes he is a big sweetheart and it is beyond me how any human could purposely hurt another living soul like that, human or animal soul that is. He has adapted to our family very well and we love him with all our hearts. Well it's good to know that maybe another 7 or 8 months and we'll start to see him settle down a bit!!!
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  6:04:33 PM  Show Profile
My simple morning pleasure, firstly is just waking up for another day.:) Then the coffee and smoke. Not the healthiest way to start a new day, but hey, its working so far and I do so enjoy that first coffee and ciggy.
Go to Top of Page

mustbeteatime
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Colette
MN
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  9:30:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh Heather, I just loved reading about your treasured 95-year old teacup! Although I have some old teacups (I don't know how old for sure), my favorites are the ones given to me by my friends - some old, some new. I cherish their friendships everytime I use them. And the tea-for-one from my mom that is new, but with handpainted violets and roses and in a fancier English style than most plain ceramic ones.

Indeed, it is the simple things in life that give the greatest rewards.
Like a 2-year old and soap bubbles and my children singing their ABC's at the top of their lungs and very off-key!
And of course, like others, my morning cup of tea before anyone else is up - it is so peaceful.

Enjoy the good things in life - especially when there is time for tea!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  11:31:18 AM  Show Profile
Ahh, my tea cups. My favorite is one that I can't use any more as the handle got broken and someone threw the handle away before it could be fixed. It was given to me by a friend in Alaska. In conversation, we found out that my grandfather new some people she knew. My g'pa was very special to me and she new that. The people had given her two beautiful English bone china tea cups. As a gift she gave me one. I never meet the people she knew, but since they were dear friends of my g'pa, it gave a special connection for me.
I have to say, mid way through this post I got up and pulled the very dusty tea cup out of the back of the cupboard. It has no handle, is so thin it gets to hot to hold, but I decided, that's what cloth napkins are for. Tea will be had in the tea cup today. Tea is to me a very simple pleasure as is when my daughters gab me just cause they want to give me a hug ,or like this morning when my DH hugged me before going to work, whispered in my ear, "I don't want to go to work". Simple pleasures indeed!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  12:19:55 PM  Show Profile
Julia, nothin' simple about that kind of pleasure, honey. Woo hoo! Bless our DHs!

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Simple Pleasures Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page