Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Farmgirls trade and new friends made
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmgirls trade and new friends made Next Topic  

Tatiana
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Tania
Boise ID
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  5:03:25 PM  Show Profile
Over the first weekend this month on a trip to Salt Lake City, my girls and I had the pleasure of visiting Utahfarmgirl Patricia and her husband Stu. We had a great time talking and eating a fabulous dinner prepared by both of them. Of note was Stu's fabulous bread (Lucky me, I have the recipe ).

Anyway, we traded some of my canning goods and Patricia's wonderful purses and bags. I think we got the better end personally. I really love my bag with red silk and a handstiched flapper girl button. The girls feel really special with theirs too. Patricia's bags are all so fun we had a hard time choosing.

I think my husband thought I was nuts for meeting an on-line pal. But when it was all said and done, he told me he was really proud of me for getting out of a comfort zone and making new friends. I think that is what this site is all about.

To more farmgirl friendships,

Tania in Boise

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  5:46:58 PM  Show Profile
How exciting!! Thank you for sharing the photos, Tania! Patricia, this is strange but you look just like i thought you would. (things that make you say hmmm)I have to agree, farmgirl friendships are the best!

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  08:06:07 AM  Show Profile
Tania-Thanks for posting the pics. I love to see pics of the farmgirls. I like to put a face with a name. It sounds like you had a great time meeting each other that weekend. Thanks for sharing. Jan
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  2:42:41 PM  Show Profile
Ain't we cute??!! Stu and I enjoyed having Tania and her gorgeous girls over so much! I love meeting sweet, smart and loving teens and her girls are just a delight. We are looking forward to seeing them again one of these days.

To all fans of Stu's bread: I gave him some special cooking and baking ingredients for his birthday earlier this week and he has improved upon his already fabulous recipe. He added a blend of nuts and seeds and grains and just a touch of a secret ingredient, black cocoa powder, which is the darkest and richest we have ever seen. Both the Harvest grains bread are available from King Arthur Flour. We live in a high altitude so he always has to put more liquid in to keep it from drying out. If anybody wants the recipe, let me know. It's better than the bread we used to buy from the Farmer's Market bakers for $5 a loaf!

Tania, you really did a great job on the photos!! You made us look lovely!

Love,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmgirls trade and new friends made Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page