Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 ORGANIZED ALL MY RECIPES TODAY
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic ORGANIZED ALL MY RECIPES TODAY Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  3:27:07 PM  Show Profile
Richard and I went this morning and I bought some more flowers. I just can't seem to get enough of them this year. LOOKING AT TO MANY PRETTY BLOGS I THINK!
Then I put a steak in a marinade. Then I made made yummy cake that Rose Marie had on her blog. HONEY BUN CAKE. We like that one. So while that was baking I decided to get all my recipes together and put them on cards. I had them in a note book kind of thing, but really have been wanting them in a box. I forgot that I even had a nice box till I got to thinking about it. So That's all done and I threw out lots of clippings and ones that I will never use. I put some pictures on my site. Then two of the Grand daughters came over for dinner and Richard just now took them home. Those two just live around the corner. Now I'm going to go start a new book, been on a real reading thing. Seems I have been finding so many good books at the thrift. Guess I have gone on long enough, not sure what causes this.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  4:48:48 PM  Show Profile
Hey Nancy, next time you are going through your recipes and cookbooks, if you find any you don't want, I will swap you something for them!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  05:48:32 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, I hope you saved a recipe for a "covered dish"... LOL.. My first time back after major illnesses again. Then just when I was getting up to snuff, hubby had back to back mini strokes . Things are better today.

Newheart

Margie
Go to Top of Page

okiequilter
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Cathy

USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  06:05:27 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo,
It would take me a week to go through all my recipe clippings and bits! Don't even want to think about it.
I'm back to sewing, now that I got that room cleaned up. Thanks for visiting my blog with your nice comments. Now you need to come back and sign up for my "Birthday Giveaway"!

Cathy (okiequilter)

www.AuntDaisysCottage.blogspot.com

A friend loves at all times.
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  06:23:43 AM  Show Profile
Cathy, I absolutely loved your blog and the music by ENYA was wonderful.. I looked into the site for it, I have never heard it before...

Newheart

Go to Top of Page

okiequilter
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Cathy

USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  07:16:39 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Margie for your sweet comments!

Cathy (okiequilter)

www.AuntDaisysCottage.blogspot.com

A friend loves at all times.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  07:41:12 AM  Show Profile
Margie,
There you are so nice to see you back. I always think of you when I get out my covered dish.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  10:01:39 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, I love your recipe box and the beautiful dish on it. I considered editing my recipe boxes, but it will have to wait until after I'm finally done with the last of my buttons. I bought 4 extra Mason jars for 10 cents each at a street long yardsale on Saturday but I must have abandoned them when I was looking at other sales. I can't believe how annoyed i was by that! I was really looking forward to putting the black and grey buttons in them and the metal ones. I'm trying to convince myself that this does not give me permission to go to any more yard sales. Carol Sue gave me some good advice, she said she does her yard saling by looking at every one else's posts. I'm blaming mine this week on my tick bite, I'm sure it was some subversive yard sale tick that injected me with the fever! Even before I realized I'd lost the Mason jars, I went to my favorite junkstore yesterday and got an old cardboard hatbox full of Two old hats, lots of doilies and white bits, some extra spoons and forks, and a tiny tin box with a picture of the illuminated Niagara Falls.

Your secret garden is looking splendid, and your flowers are really doing well. Mine are doing okay, I don't have many in pots because the wind tipe them over except for my two gigantic pots...Flowers have really been talking to me as well, I got some perennials at the Saturday yard sales, oriental lilies, aster, Lady's mantle, I always fall for the sweet old fashioned plants....for some reason, your blog will not let me post there, so forgive the blather, but I just had to put my ten cents worth in....Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  10:29:51 AM  Show Profile
Karin, I wonder why you can't post on my site?
OH A hat box with stuff in it, what a fun find. Sorry about your canning jar loss. That is annoying, Are you saying the tick bite gave you a fever? Maybe you should go have that checked out. I don't know about looking at other blogs to keep from going to yard sales. If anything it makes me want to go to more of them.Thank you for all your nice comments about my site, you always say the nicest things.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  10:35:04 AM  Show Profile
ALWAYS love visiting your blog Nancy Jo! Things are looking pretty at your house! love all your flowers!

Hugs, Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl Sister #44

http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5202149

Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  4:54:57 PM  Show Profile
I also love looking at your site. Everything is so organized and pretty. You really have some beautiful dishes.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic ORGANIZED ALL MY RECIPES TODAY Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page