herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  1:41:08 PM  Show Profile
We're going to Yellowstone next week via the west entrance & will only have 2 days.
Any suggestions of what to do in that amount of time.
We will go out south or east entrances to CO.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, MRET & Wellness Coach

Farmgirl Sister #97

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  1:45:59 PM  Show Profile
We went into the west entrance the last time we were there. Go and see Old Faithful! The wonderful log lodge right next to it was even more interesting to us that Old Faithful! It has a great little shop and wonderful restaurant with original furnishings. Huge fireplace!!!! I also enjoyed the town outside the west entrance. It has not changed much since I was little. Little shops with Indian stuff.....

Last time I was there, I found out there are not a lot, if any, Indian artifiacts to be found in the park. The reason is this: Indians skirted the area that is now the park - they felt it held evil spirits because of all the geysers and mudpots bubbling boiling water....

We had a great time and even got snowed in!!! I know you will have fun, too!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jun 08 2008 1:47:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  1:56:49 PM  Show Profile
bring a camera!!!!! There was a part I really liked called West Thumb Geyser Basin. I want to go back. You are very lucky! Have fun. We drove through in one day and saw pleanty so youll do great with 2 days.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  3:10:12 PM  Show Profile
They give you a little map of all the attractions at the entrance. Everything is fun and interesting there. With 2 days, you'll have plenty of time to see them all. I loved Old Faithful and the waterfall on the Yellowstone River and the terraced hot springs but, my favorite part of our trip was the traffic jam with a herd of bison.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  3:24:57 PM  Show Profile
I liked Mammoth Hot Springs - it's north of West Yellowstone - you'd have to take the upper loop, but well worth seeing. Very surreal!

Maybe you could do the north loop one day and the south loop the next day. You could see it all that way and one day on each loop is plenty of time. (Watch out for the bison on the road!)

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba

Edited by - mikesgirl on Jun 08 2008 3:25:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

GiGi58
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

Gayle
Billings Montana
USA
71 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  4:00:13 PM  Show Profile
Take in EVERYTHING that you can see and take pictures, pictures, pictures! I worked in Yellowstone Park at the Lake Yellowstone Lodge about 6 years ago and there is nothing more magical than Yellowstone Park! Here are just a few pictures I took while there (well, actually, these were taken last Summer when I drove through there coming back from Montana to Arizona). But, I do have a bunch of pictures! I hope you enjoy your trip and can soak in everything! I could absolutely go back and work there and live there! I am envious of you (in a good way), but so happy you are going. I encourage anyone and everyone who can to go there. Be sure take along lots of patience, because the "bison jams" can get a little frustrating as well as the car jams. Tee Hee! Smiles and Hugs to you!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain"
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  11:27:58 AM  Show Profile
We went to Yellowstone when DD was about 6 - so many years ago. But, one suggestion I will make is take an icechest with food and drink. There are very few places to eat in the park and they always seemed to be an hour from where ever we were. Having food with us allowed us to eat where ever/when ever and never miss anything because we were in a restaurant. DD still remembers eating peanut butter and honey sandwiches while watching the buffelo on the flatlands or watching the moose, belly high in water with moss hanging off his antlers while we nibbled on a snack.

It is such an impactful place - just take it all in.

If you have time - the Wolf Discovery Center in West Yellowstone is wonderful.
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  11:29:09 AM  Show Profile
Thanks dear farmgirls. We are planning our trip & mapping it out because of your help.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, MRET & Wellness Coach

Farmgirl Sister #97
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Yellowstone Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page