Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Sad News- Losing Faith UPDATE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sad News- Losing Faith UPDATE Next Topic
Page: of 2

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  8:07:45 PM  Show Profile
Once again, I've had one of my dogs hit and killed in the road. And once again, the jerk didn't bother to stop and tell us. Not only that, but there were no marks in the road indicating they swerved or even braked. I am quickly losing faith- I thought country people would be better than that. Almost every farm has a few dogs- how would they feel if it was their dog? In just over a year, I've lost 3 dogs and a cat to the road, and only one person bothered to stop. I've complained to the sheriff's office to no avail. People drive by on our gravel road like it's a highway. Tuesday we are going to the sheriff's office and the courthouse and complain until they finally put up slow children playing signs. Because next time it could be Tate.

I have been having a rough time lately. I haven't been feeling myself and really have no one to talk to about it. I have barely joined in this forum much. I've lost one puppy and another is very sick. I took in a dog today that the people just didn't have time or the inclination to care for anymore, after they had her for seven years. She's very sweet and they are pretty well off and young enough (40s) to care for a dog with high energy. Just didn't want to. That and the sickness going around are making me question being a dog breeder anymore.

I am so sick of everything- I have no ambition. My house is beyond being a disaster- I'm lucky if I shower twice a week. I hardly brush my hair or change my clothes or brush my teeth. I eat crap or not at all. I'm just fine taking care of the kids, but myself is another story. I start things and never finish. I worry about everything and get irritated at the drop of a hat. Hopefully I snap out of it soon. I probably won't be here very much for awhile. I'll try to check in from time to time to see what everyone else is up to. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read this and listen to my ranting and raving.

http://plumcreekmama.blogspot.com/

Edited by - PlumCreekMama on Jun 09 2008 3:50:14 PM

napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  8:15:37 PM  Show Profile
heather, i am really worried about you..the not eating/showering/taking care of yourself is not good. is there someone you can talk to..a friend, clergyman or even your doctor? please check in here as often as you can..and rant as much as you need to..we will be here to listen..and to respond..so know you are not alone o.k.? i understand how sad you are regarding your dogs..but please at least try to do something for yourself..and keep letting us know how you are doing..
you are in my thoughts and prayers...

best,
napafarmhouse1885
www.napafarmhouse1885.com

please visit my blog
www.napafarmhouse1885.blogspot.com

farmgirl sister #179

"Whatever you can do or dream, begin it"
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  8:37:50 PM  Show Profile
hey sweety, first of all a great big hug to you.
Now...yes..it sounds like you are depressed about a few things.
Can you do yourself a favor? Start making yourself a schedule..seriously...write it out and make notes to yourself like "today I will enjoy the outdoors from such and such time until such and such time.""Today I will spend 30 minutes from such and such time to such and such time to strictly pamper myself..with no one bothering me"
Then take that time to paint your nails, or flip through a magazine...anything that makes you feel super special.
And definitelty take time to enjoy the sunshine.
Next time you have to head out to the grocery store..get yourself one of those $3 bunch of flowers..just for the heck of it...or a small potted plant. Seriously..you won't think at first that something like that matters,but it does..a little "spoil yourself/pick me up" does wonders to get out of the mully grubs..and hey..we all have times where we just feel blah.
Yes, eating "crap" can affect our attitudes too. Let's admit it..when we consume sugary, fast toss together stuff without much thought into what we are putting in our mouths most of us feel yucky...we hit a major slump on 1. energy 2. motivation..I know I do..it's like the sugar makes you feel good for as long as it takes you to eat said "bad food" then whump..down you go into a sugar/junk food low..and sometimes those lows are pretty yucky..as that sugar just zaps you and makes ya tired.Next time you are at the store walk through the produce department and pick some of the prettiest fruit and veggies you can find and with some of the veggies cut them up and put them into snack size bags and when you get the munchies just get a little ranch dressing and have a snack.
On another note..you very well may be facing a bit of hormonal imbalance...if you haven't seen your gyn lately it may be time for a check up to chat with him/her about having the "blahs" Or to your family dr.
That is if some of these self "pick me ups" don't help.
One thing that seriously will help with feeling a bit down is to make a point to get up at a set time each day..take that time to get a bath,brush your teeth, brush your hair...and...put on a pretty perfume or lotion. Just for the heck of it..it does not matter if you are going nowhere for the day..just make yourself look and smell pretty...for you.Put a little sign to yourself on your bathroom mirror that says "Heather, you are special!"
And take the time to tell yourself this..every day.
Best of wishes to you.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  8:40:18 PM  Show Profile
I'm really worried about you too sweety..the not brushing your teeth, or showering or combing your hair really has me worried for you. Please please maybe see a dr. and soon about the depression.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  8:42:03 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
(((HUGS))) and You are beautiful woman worthy of taking the best care of yourself!!! And for those days when it seems like you are just getting dumped on (and believe me, I have many myself), know I am holding out my arms to give you a great big (((HUG))) and to let you just rest for a minute!!! Please take care of yourself for you and your family.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  9:41:44 PM  Show Profile
AWWW! I'm really sorry youre not feeling well.

The dog problem can be so depressing- but we have installed a radio fence to keep our dogs from being hit or maimed- it works wonderfully!
It's not too expensive either-check it out for your dogs.
It is much more humane than seeing the dogs hit or killed by cars-even in the country.

I agree with Tina & whoever else said you need to share your concerns with your physician- many meds are on the $4 RX plan at WalMart too. My dd is on one and is very happy to have been relieved of her depression and pretty quickly too.
Also- sometimes you get accustomed to feeling bad and you forget that you really have felt better before-
It's not until you really feel good that realize how badly you were feeling!
I will be praying for you!!
<<<HUGZ>>>

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  9:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Heather it sounds like you have been so busy taking care of others and stuff that you forgot about taking time for you.. seems to be a typical ailment for us gals. Can you find the energy to "put yourself on your tado list?"................even if it is taking time to walk by yourseld, or curl up on a hammock and read.... I think I saw on your blog that your kiddos were young... SO I know how hard it is to carve out time.. But I learned a little late that the best way to care for those you love is to take care of thier mama.... Sending you all my prayers....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  10:25:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh sweetie- I've been down this road! so NOT fun!!! You get yourself to a doctor! Do NOT talk yourself out of it ! You sound like you have some serious depression! please stay here talking to us and please please please go to a good doctor! love and hugs!!!!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  05:06:15 AM  Show Profile
The not showering, combing your hair, brushing your teeth, eating....all sound like depression to me, too. My dad went through that very same thing right after his illness. It is not something that you want to ignore. You are the first person you have to care for- every day. Please call your doctor and go talk to her (or him.) There are many short-term treatments that will help you get over this and back to your happy self.
But, can I suggest that you start by forgiving and forgetting those people who killed your dogs? They may have been in a hurry, not paying attention, distracted by their children, listening to the radio too loudly, reaching for a cell phone, unable to swerve when the dog appeared...but I am sure that they did not get in their car and plan to hit an animal that day. While I agree that the kind thing would have been to stop, check and notify you, maybe they were afraid, or unable to for some reason.
Don't lose faith. People make mistakes. Every day. Forgiveness isn't so much for them as it is for you. So that you can move on and heal.
Place your own sign at the end of your driveway. Let them know that dogs and children are playing nearby, ask them to think about their own family and pets and to please slow down. As more and more people move from the city to the country, they just need to be made aware. It is a different lifestyle and they need education. Write an editorial in your local newspaper. Be proactive. Rise above this and don't let it comsume you. They win otherwise. I love the phrase "Be the change you want to see happen." You are the change. You have inner farmgirl strength that needs to be called upon. Find it.
((((HUGS)))) to you, Heather. We are here for you, whenever you need us to be.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  08:04:43 AM  Show Profile
Heather, Karin is right...I went through a similar thing after my divorce..I didn't eat (or couldn't), really didn't care much at all about my appearance, and I literally lived like a hermit with the exception of holding down a job. It was like I could separate myself to go to work. But overall, I had not one ounce of drive, and I all the things that gave me joy stopped working. With all of the things you've had going on, it seems like depression would be the obvious answer. Now, as to how to stop feeling depressed, well, that's a whole nother' animal.

I like Karin's idea about making your own sign. You could even go as far as to petition your local reps for another speed limit sign, or even a privately maintained road sign, if that's the case. Usually those signs indicate to folks to slow down, or simply stay off. But, I would put up my own to start. There is a man on the outskirts of town who has a house before the end of a dead end road....people turn in his drive all the time to turn around, even though the sign a mile before told them it would dead end...So, he put a giant,hand made sign that said, "Turnaround. $5.00..I'll be watching!". No more turnarounds. A neighbor next door to our law firm made a sign that says, "Clean up your dog's "business", We know who you are, we've been watching!!!" And this man reports no more dog doo in his lovely landscaped yard.

Now, you. Well, it's going to take some time, and I hope that you find the simple joys in each day like I eventually found. But, I had to go through the dark a little bit first. Sounds to me like with the depression, is a whole lot of grieving going on that you probably didn't allow yourself to do because of the daily needs of the household, the kids, the farm, etc...you got lost in the shuffle. Take this new dog and go for a hike across your land...do it everyday if you can. Before the demands on your time start for the day. You know you can even talk to this new girl, tell her all your secrets and your fears--tell her about her predecessors, because, you and I know well that dogs are our best friends. During my divorce, poor ole Lil's coat was always wet with tears, and she never seemed to mind.

I am truly thinking of you, Heather, and I know this will get better, you just have to be strong for you, strong for your dogs that have been lost and remember that you matter in this world. Love to you!

(edited because I haven't had coffee yet and there were some grammatical errors I couldn't stand!)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/

Edited by - KYgurlsrbest on May 25 2008 08:19:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  08:19:41 AM  Show Profile
Heather

Been there. I agree with all the other advice already given. Stop and make it a priority to take care of YOU!!!

HUGS

Angie

Farmgirl #208

What are you doing with your dash?
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  09:07:37 AM  Show Profile
Heather - You are worth taking care of. Please talk to somebody or do something for yourself. I have been there too - just know that you have people praying/pulling for you and that this too shall pass.
Amy Grace
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  09:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Heather,Please please look at your beautiful babies. You have SO much to be here and healthy for. I am so so sorry you are going through this. I definatley know how you feel. You are the only one who knows what you are feeling right now. Please like Debi said go to a doctor, ANYTHING get help! You need help hun. Please keep your head up. We are ALL here for you.

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Rich or Poor, It Dont matter We're all the same everybodys hungry in a different way....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

www.justanotherhousewife.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  09:46:08 AM  Show Profile
heather .. healing blessings for your sad heart coming your way! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  11:36:38 AM  Show Profile
heather please see a doctor. My sister suffered from severe depression. This is not something you want to take lightly or itcan have devistating effects on you and your family. No measure of depression is "not serious enough" to see a doctor about. I will be praying for you.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  9:16:04 PM  Show Profile
I know exactly how you feel Heather. It seems that when we hit that preverbial "bottom of the Barrel," something's gotta give. First thing to do is get to a good Doctor. I've worked in the Medical profession for many years, and I'll tell 'ya, depression was the #1 thing we saw the most of in younger people. It COULD be something as simple as a chemical imbalance as Tina suggested-- a blood test can easily determine that. If you need medication to help you back up on your feet, then don't be embarrassed to take it-- but you MUST do something soon!

I had depression so bad many years ago that it scared me! I didn't know what was wrong with me though, because the symptoms I experienced were NOT what most people have. But I was fortunate enough to have an excellent Doctor who knew the signs well. (he called it "Atypical Depression" -- AKA: ABNORMAL-- the story of my life!) He was also my BOSS on/off for 10 yrs, so he knew ME very well too. I tried 4 different medications before we found the right one, and I took it for 2 1/2 yrs. It really helped get me back on my feet. I have been medication, and SYMPTOM free for 11yrs now, but it WAS a stuggle in the begining. I know now that part of the problem was WHAT I WAS EATING!!! (along with a hereditary condition) I had to change a lot of things in my life, and it wasn't EASY, but if I can do it, so can you!

Keep your chin up! Let someone else care for the kids for awhile and go soak in a nice warm tub and read a book that makes you laugh! Spend some time with YOU. All of these ladies have some VERY good advice. Don't be afraid to TAKE it! But first things first-- get to the Doctor ASAP. DON'T WAIT! Sending you my prayers for peace and joy to your heart, and BIG HUGS too! ~~~ Tracy {PS If you're a Bible reader at all, Psalms 144 and 145 have been a big help to ME when things get rough. There might even be a special scripture just for you. Just open the book and you'll see what I mean}

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  9:40:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Heather, I am soo sorry about your dog. ((((Big ol' bear hug))))

Please listen to us, take yourself to your doc and see what is up.
I used to feel the same way you do.
(Nobody loves me, is there something wrong with me? God has abandoned me, I don't want to get out of bed etc.)
The whole gammut of the blues.

Perhaps it is something else health related as well.
My darkest time was also a time when I found out I had some major health issues pop up. Once I got that under control, I felt like myself again, and didn't have the "blues" so much.
Hang in there, take time for yourself, and remember we Farmgirls love you.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland

Edited by - kissmekate on May 25 2008 9:43:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  05:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
(((((Heather)))))) hugs for you.
I agree with all the suggestions from your farmgirl sisters.
When I have any kind of problems these farmgirl sisters help me more than anything!
You have depression plus grieving. We should never go thru grieving alone.

When I went through my seperation and divorce I found a 24 hour hotline. I called and talked after my son was asleep. I felt so alone. I talked to anyone who would listen and it was just what I needed. They can be called things like "Women's Resource Center", or simply "hotline".
Sometimes I would wake up during the night and shook and cried and my mind said it was just not worth living...

I have called a clergy or church in a new town and they were helpful. You don't have to be the same faith or even know the people at all and they will care about you, talk and give suggestions. A professional therapist is sometimes just what we need, even if it is for a short time.

I have had depression off and on for my whole life, days where I have to force myself to do anything, and crying everyday at the drop of a hat. I considered suicide countless times during those depressions. What changed my life was a medicine called Lexpro...there are many meds out there and don't hesitate to try something!
You are loved....PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH with us!
When you reach out and touch a farmgirl you are truly not alone. (((((Heather)))) more hugs.

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  05:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I have seen big stand alone signs that say things like Caution, Children playing. You could just sit one next to the road. I have seen them online.
That is also something I would suggest you do asap. Put the sign out there and it will help you feel better and safer.
luv ya

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  06:07:52 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
http://www.amazon.com/Kidkusion-Driveway-Safety-Sign-Pack/dp/B0002KWTHK

Here's the link to a sign. I'll try to put the pic here for you. My photobucket is slow.
luv ya

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  08:23:04 AM  Show Profile
Hey...I'm on Lexapro too! at first I was soo ashamed at having had to go on anti depressants because I think of myself as Miss Natural and healthy. But it literally saved my life! You know that commercial that says..depression hurts...that was me! Please Plum creek mama stay in touch with us! If we don't here from you soon we are all coming after you!!!!! Hugs a million times!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller

http://www.thebodyshopathome.com/web/dcole1
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  08:57:11 AM  Show Profile
Heather- I am so sorry to hear about your dog. Losing a beloved pet like that is so hard and even worse when you realize the person that hit him probably didn't even care. I went through the same type of anger when we lived in the country. We lost a cat on the road and a dog (who had just had puppies). Then I found another dog dead in our yard and no footprints leading to where he was so whoever hit him didn't even stop to check. THEN the landlord allowed someone on our land to hunt coyotes and he shot two of our dogs. I was livid and called him and he denyed it all...considering he was a little crazy we moved out soon after. It was a horrible experience and I was all shook up and had anxiety.
It sounds like you do have some depression, though it may be more of a situational depression rather than chemical. Maybe being able to get a handle on getting a sign on your raod will ease some fears. I don't have a lot of suggestions but if you ever need to chat let me know...you could come visit my messy house to see you aren't alone!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  3:49:32 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for all your kind words and helpful hints. I am feeling quite a bit better and taking better care of myself and the house. Or trying to anyway :) I have been following flylady a bit, that's been helpful. So things are improving! I've been on Zoloft for about 3 years now, and I don't feel as depressed as before. I think I just went through a bit of a bad patch. It doesn't help much that we have had 3 bad floods in the past couple weeks. The one last night was the worst yet. We almost lost our puppies, who got pushed under the deck by the current and couldn't get out. Hubby went out to feed them before he went to bed and saw the water at the first step of our deck. Just their little heads were sticking up. We brought all them in the house and checked the older dogs and their pen was filling up, so we had to put them in the garage. Then I looked in the hog lot going to the barn and saw about a foot of water- the other hog lot had 2 feet of water, so I had to run to the barn. I rescued all the baby goats and put them in my camper- the older goats were on a ledge, so the water was only about knee-high on them. The four horses in that part were about knee-high as well, but I figured they would be all right, or at least I hoped so since I had nowhere to put them. The two horses in the back were too scared to come in the barn, so I had to wade out in hip-deep water to pull them in and tie them in the barn. Then I had to pick up all the chickens and put them on the wall. We had the fire department on our road as close to us as they could get checking the water levels to see if it was still rising. If it was, they were going to wake up some farmers around us to get a big tractor to get us. Luckily by then it was receding a bit, so we stayed home. The only place that was dry was a section of our front yard- everything else was water, including under our trailer. We were very lucky though, we are all fine and we didn't lose any animals. A lot of our stuff floated away though, including all of our firewood for next winter. We found some of it about a half mile away, but most of it is long gone. I had a huge wooden cage that I found along the road about a half mile away too, and one of my raised beds is a mile away in the ditch, but there is no sign of our huge farm gate for the backyard- and that thing is very heavy! Our road is mostly washed out and there are logs in the fields. There is also and inch or more of mud everywhere, including in the barn. I am glad I was feeling better so that I could adequately deal with this, though there is more rain in the forecast this week. I don't know how much more we can take! If anyone wants a small hobby farm in Iowa and doesn't mind floods, let me know! We are definitely taking about moving now. Elizabeth- we went to Manchester today, and your town is a huge mess also! I hope you don't have a basement full of water! All the roads around have chunks missing and bridges have holes on them.

I'll try to check in from time to time, but for awhile I am going to be pretty busy cleaning up and finding our stuff. Please pray that eastern Iowa doesn't get any more rain for awhile!

http://plumcreekmama.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  4:21:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh Heather,
Will certainly be praying for no more rain for a lot of you gals back there.
I am so glad that you and your family are okay as well as rescueing your puppies, chickens, goats and horses. Goodness girl you have been through it.
Hugs Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  5:16:25 PM  Show Profile
It was so good to hear an update on you Heather, especially since I was thinking of you as we drove by Earlville yesterday and saw how bad Plum Creek looked! I am so sorry that your yard is such a mess, I can only imagine all the work you have ahead of yourself and let's just hope we don't get anymore rain, though right now it looks like it ould rain and the forecast has a lot of chances for thunderstorms this week.
Our basement only had a slight dripping yesterday so we are fine there but our ceilings in the bedrooms are wet since it has been leaking around the chimmney. I've called several roofing companies the past few weeks but they are all backed up with the storms and tornadoes that we have had so it may be awhile. Ugh! I really hope that it dries up and we can get some sunny weather.
So glad your animals are all okay and once again, I'm glad that things are starting to look up, except for all this WATER!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  7:57:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh Heather! I am just to the north of you in SD. I have been watching the weather and am just sick that you have to go through all this. We have had lots but not nearly as much as you.

It sound like the same thing I went through this winter. I had to find something to bring me out of it. I started to bake cookies. This is what worked for me. It got me through until I could get outside to my garden. The littlest things annoy me. This was the first winter I didn't smoke. So, then I wonder, have I always been this crabby? I wanted to start smoking again SO BAD. That was my anti-depressant. Now I just Yell alot and apolgize to the family when I over react.

Aimee

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/ Motto To Live By
"Life should NOT be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sad News- Losing Faith UPDATE Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page