Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I broke my big toe... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  6:26:05 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
and there is nothing they can do. How the heck is it suppose to heal when I can't get a break? Any suggestions. I have been putting my foot in an ice bath. I taped it to my little toe today but boy, it hurts.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  6:43:06 PM  Show Profile
Im sorry ur hurting...that has to really be rough. I will keep you in thoughts and prayers. Other than icing it and putting it up there isnt much you can do...i hope itll heal fast and youll feel better soon
hugs
jess

http://crshelpmeet-heartssong.blogspot.com/

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. -- Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  7:02:29 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
It's typical me- I break something that can't be fixed in anyway other than waiting it out. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2008 :  03:52:00 AM  Show Profile
OOOH I feel your pain!!

I broke my tailbone and couldn't sit straight for a week!

Those weird breaks are so awful to deal with!

Heal fast!!

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2008 :  03:59:45 AM  Show Profile
Hope you feel better soon!

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  7:50:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Heather,

I am really sorry to hear you broke your toe! Yikes....That is painful!! You might see if the Dr. could tape it up, put some cushioning around it and give you one of those big shoes to wear so you don't have to try to wear real shoes :( . I hope you have a very speedy recovery.

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  8:29:33 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks. I got some of that sticky tape and do it myself. Problem is I have interviews this week and my hi heels are killing me. I am thinking of taping it up with an ace bandage to look pitiful and wear my slip on sandal on one foot and my ballet flat on another. I will just limp alot!!! LOL

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  9:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
I say ... Whatever Works!! Go For It!! And...Take Care!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  10:09:11 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I broke my big toe senior year right before graduation. Doc told me the same thing, nothing he could do for it. He suggested I make like a homemade splint for it though. I broke a popsicle stick just big enough to fit inbetween my toes, wrapped gauze around both toes and then taped them together. I wore heels to graduation, but they were my mom's and a half size bigger than what I normally wore. It hurt pretty bad and I limped around, but within a couple of weeks I was feeling much better.

http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I broke my big toe... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page