Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 You want a good workout? I got one for you!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic You want a good workout? I got one for you! Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  6:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I just paid $50 to get our bike trailer outfitted with new inner tubes and a bike helmet for Nora. I then asked a neighbor to help fill up the tires.

We rode around....(drum roll please) ONE BLOCK! And I was sweating, my heart was racing! Phew! What a workout! I think my bike tires are part of it, but pulling what amounts to around 40-50 pounds behind the bike certainly causes a workout too! I am so excited!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  7:33:25 PM  Show Profile
Hey Alee!! Remember my post about Lance Armstrong!! Are you Ridin' or are you Hidin'?? Gives you a new appreciation for those cyclists(although they don't have a strawberry filled Nora to tote around), but they do ride up & down the Alps!! Those guys are the most fit of the fit!(heartrates of an average of 35) & what I love about cyclng is that if you go out 10 miles.....you have to go back 10 miles.. no jumping off the treadmill & heading for the fridge..
Time for me to dust off my racing bike & join my hubby(who rides an average of 30+ miles a day)
Go to Top of Page

Ca-Reds
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

kristy
Clearlake Ca
USA
124 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  10:40:14 PM  Show Profile
Alee,
I must say two thumbs up!!! I have a trailer and YES it is quite a work out... I started with only one little one at first. I used it to stay in shape during my 2nd pregnancy and then add her to it also..... So all in all i had about 70lbs behind be with a sweet little voice that says "Mommy go faster!!!" as I peddle my butt off!!!! Now pregnate with my 3rd, i joke with my husband that i need to add a seat behind mine PLUS the trailer for the middle and new baby to ride in and i can be a one women circus!!! with now 2 or 3 "Mommy go fasters!!" I advise this to anyone that wants to get in shape and ADD muscles. Kristy :)
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  03:46:31 AM  Show Profile
It all begins like this, and next thing you know, you'll be able to do 20!

My hubby is also a cyclist. We USED to ride together. First at lunch just on zoo grounds, then short trips on the road. We have several loops we can do all averaging from 10 20 30 40 and 50 miles. Happy to say I have done three 50+ mile trips, but not anymore. Hubby is too fast. A good day for me is 15 mph average. Hubby can do 18 on a slow day and 21 when he rides w/ his buddies.

And YES the padded spandex pants do make the difference. That and getting a bike that fits.

Keep it up! And be sure to wear bright colors so motorists can see you
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  06:21:56 AM  Show Profile
Good for you Alee! AND you have the coolest town to ride in! And lots of hills!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller

http://www.thebodyshopathome.com/web/dcole1
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  07:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ugh! I am starting to hate the hills! Down is good- up is torture! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  07:46:24 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kudos!!!!
I bet Nora is LOVING it!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  08:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
She makes the "uuuuuuhhhhhh" noise as we go along so the bumps make her voice vibrate! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  08:05:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh that is so cute - my son used to do the same thing when we walked with the backpack. I was in such good shape when I hauled him around all the time. You are giving Nora some great memories!!
Amy Grace
Go to Top of Page

FarmWife410
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Rie
Upstate NY
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  5:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Send FarmWife410 an AOL message
I dusted off the ol bike a few days ago and did the same thing as you....I was huffing and puffing but felt good afterwards....hard to beleive when we were kids that we could ride bikes all day, lol
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  6:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Rie- Isn't that the truth! I keep wondering how my bum stood the bike seat!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic You want a good workout? I got one for you! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page