The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  1:56:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirls, are you all as curious as me about each other? I can gather snippets of info. about each of you from different posts, but I'm always wishing I knew more. The following is alittle fill-in-the-blank that I used in my scrapbooking classes. A great ice breaker and Moms would use it with their children at different ages...can be quite funny and makes a cute page. Anyway, I thought if we used it here it'd be a fun way to learn more about each other and the things we have in common. Here it is. I hope some of you want to play!

I AM CRAZY ABOUT...

I ALWAYS...

I NEVER TIRE OF...

I CAN CONSUME...

I WEAR...

I LIKE...

I LOVE TO...

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...

There you go. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

farmgirl hugs,
kim

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  2:40:52 PM  Show Profile
I'll play too!

I AM CRAZY ABOUT...the 3 wonderful daughters I have been blessed with.

I ALWAYS...feel overwhelmed by the amount of work to do, then feel blessed that I am able to do it.

I NEVER TIRE OF...mother nature - her power and tremendous beauty.

I CAN CONSUME...everything except parsnips and olives lol

I WEAR...anything that isn't binding. Sweats around the farm and dress sweats for going to town!

I LIKE...to try new things (like learning to spin) and be creative.

I LOVE TO...go to bed at night with the feeling that is has been a good day, I have accomplished something and everyone is happy and healthy.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...I try to be generous and loving with people, gentle with mother nature and our planet.

THE WORST THING ABOUT ME IS...type A personality :)

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  3:02:49 PM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT; being a mom, animals and plants and creating things
I ALWAYS; run into things and have bruises...(clumsy)
I NEVER TIRE OF; cottage cheese with tomatoes, good books, fabric stores, cooking
I CAN CONSUME; anything except pasta and mayonaise!
I WEAR; jeans and tshirts with an apron or overalls NEVER high heels EVER
I LIKE; animals, books, plants and friends
I LOVE TO; get things done, laugh, work hard and make things
THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...I smile alot and I am loyal

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  3:48:40 PM  Show Profile
My dark haired husband and daughters, Kansas wheat fields and blue skies, dill pickles, my mothers silk 1950's wedding gown with a tiny waist and all those buttons down the back, pink roses, grapes on the vine, and the cry of a newborn baby and calf (CRAZY ABOUT)

2 I ALWAYS...pass gas when I eat good chili, build a fire on a cold autumn night, ( stay away from fires when I eat chili) pray when asked too, even when not asked too.... play like a child in the first snowfall.

3.I NEVER TIRE OF seeing babies, holding babies, spring, kissing, smelling real Christmas trees, writing letters to friends, drinking champagne ( even if it's bad champagne)

4. I CAN CONSUME large quantities of champagne, homemade ice cream, fresh dill pickles, artisinal breads and cheeses.

5. Overalls, soft t-shirts, sweat shirts and pants, jeans, pearls, red lipstick, flip flops, and boots of varied kinds, and my 49er jacket and my wedding ring.

6. I LIKE old friends, books, people who work around books, colleges, men in tweed sport coats, sincere smiles, coffee, old dives that make good pie, dogs that smile, dirt on hands, old ladies with blue, purple or pink hair, brooches, old pick ups

7. I LOVE TO cook for hungry people, work the land, watch sunsets, hug, turn red and cry from laughing too hard, see mountains, feel God all around me, get that goosebump feeling when you hear beautiful music

8. THE BEST THING ABOUT ME... I cheer for the underdog, I am a friend for life and beyond, I have a good memory on good things and a bad memory on bad things, I will get down and dirty to fight for what I believe in, I make a dang good pot of chili and chicken noodle soup

9. The worst thing about me... I can be impatient...fighsty, one tracked, impulsive, reactionary, classic Aries downfalls, messy and gassy at times

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.

Edited by - MeadowLark on Oct 05 2005 10:00:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  5:29:38 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...my husband, my kids, my grandson, my kitties and a good cup of coffee

I ALWAYS...think I am right.

I NEVER TIRE OF...being at home

I CAN CONSUME...massive amounts of coffee

I WEAR...overalls, t-shirts, my wedding ring, braids and garden shoes

I LIKE...organic anything, playing in the dirt, making soap, meeting new people, the moon, baking bread

I LOVE TO...cuddle up on a cold night under a blanket and watch old movies with my husband

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...I am honest...almost to a fault.

THE WORST THING ABOUT ME IS...same as the above...almost too forthcoming at times!

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Edited by - TheSoapMaven on Oct 03 2005 5:30:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  6:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
I AM CRAZY ABOUT... antiques, small towns, countryside

I ALWAYS... go out walking

I NEVER TIRE OF...my husband, or my dogs - they are my kids, or tending my plants

I CAN CONSUME... large quantities of pasta - especially with fresh basil!

I WEAR... blue jeans and a white t-shirt most of the time. I do dress jeans up with cute heeled shoes, a jacket and a cute hat. If I wear a color, it is either light blue, greens, grey, or brown.

I LIKE... cooler weather, mountains, the smell of dirt and growing things.

I LOVE TO... remodel houses, garden, shop for a bargain!

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS... if I am your friend, I will be there for you in thick or thin, no matter what.

THE WORST THING ABOUT ME IS... I have a hard time getting to know people - not the most social person in the world.

Edited by - greyghost on Oct 04 2005 09:46:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  6:34:56 PM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...My family and extended family. I must have the best Mom, Dad, Brothers, Brother's wives, nieces, nephews (homemade and adopted), and the newest addition Dan's sister! I grew up without a sister and wished for one my whole life. Now I've got one and I'm nuts about her!!!!

I ALWAYS...thank God everytime I see a beautiful animal.

I NEVER TIRE OF...having a new challenge.

I CAN CONSUME...a whole jar of marshmallow cream in one sitting

I WEAR..clothes that please me and I honestly never worry what someone else thinks of them.

I LIKE...endless variety

I LOVE TO...Cook, garden, sew, quilt, paint, restore furniture and artwork, haunt fabric stores, surprise my friends with gifts when there is no special reason, talk to my kittens, hang with my mom and dad.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...I am fiercely loyal.

MY BIGGEST FAULT IS...I hate "constructive" criticism. I am my own worst critic so by the time someone wants to bring something to my attention, I have already figured it out and am working on it.

Lucinda

Who loves a garden still his Eden keeps, Perennial pleasures plants, and wholesome harvest reaps. ---Bronson Alcott

Go to Top of Page

jenny louise
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

jennifer
cass city MI
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  6:59:33 PM  Show Profile
what a great idea, Kim! Where is yours?

I AM CRAZY ABOUT...thee feeling I get when I come home after work and turn into the gravel drive; see the pastures with sheep and the coop with chickens and the house with dogs and a loving husband and know in my heart that i am so very truely HOME!!!

I ALWAYS... work hard and dream big and have fun.

I NEVER TIRE OF...tending the critters, no matter the weather. They give me such a centering, well, you all know what i mean.

I CAN CONSUME...Almost anything, especially dark chocolate and good wine, preferably together!

I WEAR...vintage anything, crazy stuff, and fun. (I love orange even if i am a redhead!)

I LIKE...growing flowers and vegies, finding old odds and ends to create artwork with, and being outside almost anytime of the year!

I LOVE...my family, my critters, the mother earth, and planting trees, as many as I can every year, anywhere.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...optimism, and a drive that comes from somewhere deep within. I will try almost anything once or twice or ...(sometimes it takes awhile to admit defeat)

Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  8:11:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message

I am crazy about...my three daughters being my best friends,my grandkids, my husband, camping & nature, decorating and fixing up my home, making quilts,THIS FORUM and Mary Jane, hand sewing, anything VINTAGE!

I always...whine about losing weight but never do it .

I never tire of...watching old movies over, reading new books, trying new flowers and fruits and veggies in the garden, kid hugs, back rubs...

I can consume...anything with basil pesto, garlic, cheese, Diet Coke by the gallon...

I wear...jeans, sweaters, pearls, silver jewelry, anything pink !
(Gee, I sound like my Grandma!)

I like...sunny fall days,when the holidays are over, clean sun dried sheets,a clean house, fabric stores, meeting new friends, finishing a project, a freshly painted room...

I love...snuggling my grandkids and putting them to bed with backrubs, their smiling faces in the window when I come over and their "Nana!" cheer I can hear from the driveway, my curly furry best friend of a dog who won't be around much longer,baby rabbits & brussel sprouts.

The best thing about me is... I am the eternal optimist,hard worker, and love to help people.

The worst thing about me is...see "I always" above, and impatience with other peoples faults

Go to Top of Page

Kit
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Mechanic Falls Maine
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  06:02:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Kit a Yahoo! Message

I'll play, why not?

I AM CRAZY ABOUT... Animals, this house I live in, big 100+ year old trees along the property line.

I ALWAYS... seem to attract strays, be it people or critter. Usually they are critters.

I NEVER TIRE OF... sitting in my easy chair in the evening with the beagle across the feet and the kitten wedged between my leg and the arm of the chair. Pretty, cheerful flowers (especially on a groggy day).

I CAN CONSUME... *WAAAAAAAAY* too much caffiene in a day.

I WEAR... clothing, usually. Jeans, boots, comfy shirts are typical. Sometimes I "dress up" and wear one of my big floopy broomstick skirts with a comfy shirt. ;) ALWAYS have jewelry of one sort or another on, some of which I've made, others were gifts or purchased over the years.

I LIKE... warm sunny days

I LOVE TO... be at home

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS... my honesty? Honesty is a two-edged sword.
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  06:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
I AM CRAZY ABOUT... My family - husband and three girls. They are my life!

I ALWAYS...Get up early and have coffee - couldn't live without it. No, my family couldn't live without my coffee, hehe.

I NEVER TIRE OF...Trying to learn new things to make life better for my family.

I CAN CONSUME...Coffee - did I mention my first cup in the morning? LOL Oh and chocolate.

I WEAR...Jeans or sweatpants, tanks and cardigans, apron - but I do dress up for church on Sunday (no Jeans - my pet peeve).

I LIKE...to visit the forum each day (o.k. maybe a couple of times a day, LOL) to learn what all my new friends are doing!

I LOVE TO...READ, quilt, sew, knit, really crafts of any kind, take care of my animals, go for walks, spend time with my girls.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...I try to always think about others, am kind and generous.

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

Bess
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Bess
Eureka CA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  06:39:45 AM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...walking on the beach in the fog with brown pelicans dancing along the waveline; hiking thru the redwoods and being embraced by mother earth; long, philosophical discussions with my 14 year old son about darn near anything; waking up on a crisp morning and realizing I am in a tent with my hubby and that outside is a beautiful, mountain morning and a day of backpacking ahead.

I ALWAYS...consider the other gal's perspective with an open heart and mind; think about my grandmother, who is my hero and who always sent me mail art when I was a child; daydream about visiting Europe.

I NEVER TIRE OF...reading a good book; walking on the beach;...hmmm..this makes me realize I've really hit a transition in my life, because there are A LOT of things I AM tired of! This is why I am here, perhaps...

I CAN CONSUME...bunches of peanut butter, bags of fresh cherries, mounds of pasta (but not all at once).

I WEAR...old comfy jeans, T-shirts (I have a gazillion from all the triathlons I've been in over the last five years) and Tevas, a Smartwool cap for these cool fall days; one of my two "fancy" dresses for weddings and such, which I got almost 15 years ago;hardly ever jewelry these days; never makeup; and 40 hours a week my work uniform (khakis and a turtleneck and earthshoes or doc martins).

I LIKE...to play in the snow and then come home to the coast (where its always 45 to 65 degrees, all year); dance to Enya on my wood floors; go to movies and eat popcorn, Geocache (GPS treasure hunting).

I LOVE TO...visit my parents in NC--its where my grandparents used to live before they passed away and we used to spend summer vacations there as a child; sit under my cherry tree in the dappled sun and read a fantasy novel, usually one recommended by my son; snuggle with my dog.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...my ability to really listen to what people are saying.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  06:46:07 AM  Show Profile
I am crazy about... that man I married and our wonderful son.

I always...get the job done.

I never tire of ...being outdoors, intelligent conversation, fabric, book, garden and antique shops.

I wear clogs or birkenstocks daily with ethnic, vintage, handcrafted sweaters, overalls, jumpers .(I like pearls, shiny silver, my antique wedding ring and I MUST wear a watch!)

I like smart women, kind men and creative,curious, independent thinking children.

I love to...sing, laugh and hear nature as it wafts through the pine trees up at our camp.Wake up warmed by the sun streaming through the window and hear someone else making breakfast! Get up to start a day filled with walks, swimming, quilting , painting or just laying in the hammock with a good book.Have friends for dinner and good food, wine and conversation. Go to sleeep at night knowing that today was a gift and knowing who to thank for it.

The best thing about me...I never give up, no matter how bad it gets and I remain an optimist and find humor in daily dilemnas.

My biggest fault...I do not suffer fools or whiners well, and have been known to tell them so!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  09:45:23 AM  Show Profile
OH MY! I have the warm fuzzies all over after reading all these posts! REALLY, The most wonderfull sense of calm came over me and I was smiling as I read each one and felt so thankful for your lives. SO many similarities! So many blessings! Thank you all for sharing.

Mine is coming jenny lousie, just as soon as I get back from the doctor. Maybe the cast is coming off!

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  11:32:10 AM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...my wonderful hubby and beautiful 3 daughters and incredible SIL,chocolate,old things

I ALWAYS...go barefoot,drink alot of tea(with chocolate), mostly black some times green.

I NEVER TIRE OF...chocolate, being with my family,good food,being creative, looking at gardening magazines,longing for chickens, looking at my garden, visting with friends

I CAN CONSUME...chocolate!

I WEAR...jeans,shirts and sweaters,dresses on Sunday, birkie knock-offs when I have to wear shoes,(love to have the real thing someday)

I LIKE...chocolate,babies, flowers, pizza,the sound of the church bells up the street, blessing other people, baking, canning, sitting in my garden,reading biographies, learning new things,beaded braclets

I LOVE TO...sing,walk in the country,chocolate,sew, do artsie crafts, go antiquing, going to 2nd hand stores, being in the country, being at home, play in the fallen leaves

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS... I am gentle,helpful,goofy,loving

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  12:24:27 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful idea!
I'M CRAZY ABOUT....my family, grandkids, gardening, writing, mother nature, herbs, all the old ways, this forum and women like Mary Jane!

I ALWAYS....think positive, look for the good in people, garden, pray

I NEVER TIRE OF.....gardening, writing, cooking, baking, sewing, making new friends, mother nature, etc....

I CAN CONSUME.....coffee, tea, chocolate, pasta, pizza, homemade bread

I WEAR....comfortable clothes weather it be a dress or sweats

I LIKE.....making new friends, growing herbs, quilting, this forum, baking, helping my kids, saving mother earth

I LOVE TO....babysit my grandkids, use what mother nature gave us, learn the old ways of life, garden with the birds singing, decorate the house, home improvements, canning the seasons bounty and reaping the rewards in winter.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME....I believe in people, I"m honest, loving, I'm a giver, and a friend to all.

Sue

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  2:04:33 PM  Show Profile

I AM CRAZY ABOUT...being outside~ Sunny, warm, breezy, cool~~Anytime. I will find something to do outside -even if its is just "dinking" around the yard or garage

I ALWAYS...am thankful for where God found me and where He has brought me..for my many blessings ~ My home, my friends, my family, my health, my job

I NEVER TIRE OF...talking about farms, plants, canning, goats, seasons, fabrics, baking, antiques~~Hummm- Maybe thats why I'm here~~

I CAN CONSUME...alot of chocolate, ice cream, pizza...but not at the same time

I WEAR...weekdays/workdays: Skirts, slacks, generally heels and hose...Weekends: Jeans, loose work shirts, flannel, work boots or mud boots, pony tail and a bandana so sweat wont get in my eyes

I LIKE...to dream of starting a business: growing and selling herbs, opening a tea room and even a bed & breakfast

I LOVE TO...spend time with family: hubby, grandkids, sister, son, and yes~ even my in-laws

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...I am warm, compasionate, honest, faithful, supportive, hard working, determined, upbeat, and I make people laugh~~~

Jan

Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  2:06:36 PM  Show Profile
Posted - Oct 03 2005 : 6:34:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM CRAZY ABOUT...My kids and grandkids count 'em 10, 7 girls 3 boys, they're great

I ALWAYS...turn on my computer before I make coffee, so I can enjoy both at the same time

I NEVER TIRE OF...holding a newborn

I CAN CONSUME...three books a week

I WEAR..jeans and tees, but mostly my uniform seems like I live at work

I LIKE...living near the ocean, peace and quiet nice breezes

I LOVE TO...Can food, save the harvest, sew, paint glassware, decorate ANYTHING

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...I am very funny

MY BIGGEST FAULT IS...I am very funny, sometimes only to me, my humor is sometimes too sarcastic and folks don't know when I am kidding

Arlene

http://bumpercrop.blogspot.com/
I was Country before Country was COOL
Go to Top of Page

mdotterer
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Marlene
Pleasant Hill CA
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  4:51:48 PM  Show Profile
This is fun!

I AM CRAZY ABOUT...my husband, my kids, my grandkids. And Autumn!

I ALWAYS...don't get enough sleep, try something new, read science fiction, fret about the state of the world

I NEVER TIRE OF...cooking, learning something new, hiking or walking, the weather, having all my kids over

I CAN CONSUME...good dark chocolate, pizza, brandy, red wine, pumpkin - in just about any guise

I WEAR...jeans, tennis shoes & tank tops or sweats around the house, a chef jacket when I'm working, soft clingy blouses and sexy dresses when my husband takes me out.

I LIKE...eating, celebrating holidays, traveling, holding babies, sharing pictures, playing games, learning to cook, can, bake bread, make butter, etc., trying to walk softly on the earth, finding people who think like I do!

I LOVE TO...do anything with my husband or with my kids, help people eat better, play with my friends, make people happy

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...I'm very hospitable, I'm honest and practical
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  8:18:59 PM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...My kids, my husband, my yard, Fall!! I just love the changing colors and My kids birthdays are both in the fall and Halloween and then my birthday and then Thanksgiving and then Christmas and New years the whole busy crazy fun string of hosidays coming allways makes me sparkle.. The excitement and electricity in the crisp autumn air..

I ALWAYS... send novels instead of e-mails (see I can have a short and to the point type of answer... well I did have one I guess I don't now... sigh)

I NEVER TIRE OF... singing, reading, daydreaming, making out with my husband plotting ways for my garden to make me rich :)

I CAN CONSUME... books, wine, cheesecake strawberries.. some times all at once while taking a bath at the same time.. thats the best kind of multitasking I know!

I WEAR... nothing at all when I sleep

I LIKE... the sun on my back, and when I can't have that, the electric baseboard on my feet.

I LOVE TO... re-write the lyrics to catchy songs to either make them funny, or to relate to what I am doing.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS... I always want to learn more.. I often think of the little robot, number 5 in the movie Short Circuit when he says "neeeed innpuut" and that I like myself just fine.. I was thinking about that today while I was working in the yard, if I could be anyone else who would I be and I couldn't some up with anyone else that I would rather be.. just me with a little more financial security would be totally peachy.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Tammy
Port Orford Oregon
60 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  9:32:28 PM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...My husband, my daughter & my Mother. They are my closest friends. My critters, chocolate, owning my first home and having enough land to plant a garden. Drinking coffee with my husband almost every morning on the deck watching the birds at the feeders.

I ALWAYS...try hard, and try to be optimistic.

I NEVER TIRE OF...reading, painting, studying new creative ideas, checking on the farmgirls, spending time with my kitten, fixing up the house or dreaming big.

I CAN CONSUME...to much!

I WEAR...my gardening gloves, hat, hair in a braid, jeans, overalls, t-shirts, tennis shoes, boots, Birkenstocks, sandals, rarely a coat even when it's raining.

I LIKE...waking up to the birds signing, going to sleep listening to the ocean ( I can hear it best at night), sleeping with the window open, gardening, working at our nursery, taking care of our critters and just being here at home.

I LOVE TO...spending time with my husband & daughter, reading (usually about gardening or plants)or painting. I love spending time painting flowers, landscapes and seascapes.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...I am kind hearted.

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  10:12:47 PM  Show Profile
I am crazy about: wool felting and crafts

I always: Change the dang toilet roll!!

I never tire of: bush walks, the beach and all mother nature has to offer.

I can consume:coffee,lollies, corn on the cob with dripping butter and salt and grounded black pepper

I wear: clothes that will stretch when I eat and stretch when I bend. Love casual and anything blue.

I like: unconditional acceptance, warm days and newly mowed lawns, having a sleep in. Coffee, chocolate biscuits and a good book, ( better than sex ;) )

I love to: Discover new craft shops and ideas, coffee with friends, being alone at times,

The Best thing about me: unconditional acceptance, postive outlook, can keep a secret.
Go to Top of Page

hapyhrt
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  04:50:20 AM  Show Profile
I am crazy about: husband, family, pets, country life and crafting!

I always: try to be helpful to others

I never tire of: anything to do with country living, decorating, crafting and the joyful wag of our dogs tails when we come in the door!

I can consume: chocolate anything, lol, peanut butter, kettle corn and plain donuts with chocolate frosting! Yum! ;)

I wear: always jeans and tee's in summer, jeans and sweatshirts in winter

I like: early mornings, sunsets, quiet times, nature, home cooked meals, sharing life with family, friends, animals and simplicity.

I love to: craft, take afternoon naps, listen to our cat purr, work in the dirt, pray in the quiet moments of the day, hear the sound of childrens laughter and rain on the roof.

The Best thing about me: I'm loyal, love to share, respectful to elders and old fashioned! :)

My Biggest Fault: there's two actually, forgetfulness and I'm often impatient.

This was fun! What a great idea, thanks for sharing! ;)

"Think happy thoughts...any others aren't worth your time!" Ü
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  09:27:35 AM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT... Ingredients, color, creating, husband/best friend (of course) and good bread.

I ALWAYS... busy, thinking, day dreaming, wishing, creating, loving, smelling, watching for signs.

I NEVER TIRE OF... bread, my favorite meal which is baked potato, with steamed greens(just the way I like them) and tomato salad, or good bread dipping chuncks of it into olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Dreaming, building my dream house in my head wooly sweaters,

I CAN CONSUME... large amounts of bread, or anything doughy -- pasta, dumplings, pancakes, torillas. Tomatoes, garlic, teas of my own mixings. Life, air and treasures.

I WEAR... Colors but not crazy bright colors but I'm not a person who wears a lot of black and I almost never wear grey, I am an Autumn/spring color person. Jeans, skirts instead of shorts but long shirts not short, T-shirts, I like little button up shirts with little flowers. I like girly stuff that can be beat up, so not too girly but just a little. I love to wear knitted socks that my grandmom makes and for shoes I wear wool clogs or Dansko clogs or little blue (so old thier almost grey) Converse low top sneekers. I have a lot of wild brown curly hair thats always doing it own thing. and I like cold weather clothes better than warm, like scarfs and wooly sweaters.

I LIKE... So many things, smells especaily the air at night, smelling the rain before it comes, the smell of Redwood forests. I like bad smells too like gasolene and denatured alcohol, I try not to like them. Having paint on my hands, going to farmer markets, magazines, and good stories either from books or from people.

I LOVE TO... To cook for a lot of people and have feasts. I LOVE blustry days, dusk to twilight, when there is magic in the air October, trees changing color, changing of the seasons, trying to predict weather, seeing seeds come up, helping a women deliver her baby, holding a nd loving new born babes, make gifts for people and I love getting packages in the mail.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS... I'm there to the very last minute, when everything needs to cleaned up and put back into place, when everyone else had left. Very good in emergencies, my Mother-inlaw says I'm "inflappable" if that even a word but she means - I don't crack or fall apart -- this is mostly true but I'm not sure if my Husband would totally agree. I'm very honest, not fake what you see is what you get.

THE WORST THINGS ABOUT ME... I have an attitude, it definitely comes from both parents. Sometimes a little so honest for some people ears

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Edited by - sqrl on Oct 05 2005 09:35:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  09:54:32 AM  Show Profile
Gee, do you think we are all cloned? How similar we are. This is truly wonderful.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  10:50:18 AM  Show Profile
I think we are all blessed with the ability to enjoy life's simpler offerings. A love of mother nature and nurturing quality seems to be a part of our very souls.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting to know you better Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page