Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 MJF petticoat in July
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic MJF petticoat in July Next Topic
Page: of 2

farmgirlkate
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

kate
bryan TX
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  09:39:57 AM  Show Profile
OMG-where's my purse?!?

"You only have what you give...""

www.xanga.com/k8tthelate
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  09:41:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I know what you mean, Kate! I drive by Tractor Supply every couple of days and have seriously had to fight with myself to not run in and buy a copy! I know mine is on the way and we are on a budget...but Oh I want to go buy one so bad! Hopefully it will come today and I won't have to fret anymore! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  3:18:29 PM  Show Profile
I practically beat down the door of the BN, but they didn't have it last week. So, I had to subscribe. Whee! But does that mean I'll get the fall issue as part of my subscription, or should I get one now and wait for the next issue on my subscription?

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Yaya
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

38 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  11:31:30 AM  Show Profile
Well, I was hoping the 'knickers' pattern on pg 91 of previous magazine would be in this newest issue...I was so disappointed because it's not. It says the pattern is available on the website for a price. There is however a pattern for a wrapaound petticoat, kinda like 'gauchos' I think. It is nice, but it's not the knickers I had hoped for. There is also a pattern for 'pillowcase bloomers' which looks good also. I wonder if that one can be made to look like the knickers that Meg wears on page 91? I don't think they would look the same cause the legs are very wide on this pattern.

There IS a really cute pattern for a pinafore which made it worth buying this issue for me. It's a lovely pattern. There is a lot of eye candy on this latest (Aug-Sept) issue.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  2:15:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
At the top of page 63 of the new issue, it says the pattern they had originally planned to put into this issue ran into some problems because they were trying to make it size up and down since farmgirls come in all sizes. The gaucho pattern is the end result. I can't wait to make them! They look fabulous!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  8:00:32 PM  Show Profile
OH, phooey. :( I haven't gone out to buy the new issue because I think it will be the first one that comes with my new subscription. It was those darling bloomers that I "had to have" that really pushed me to subscribe rather than keep driving to the bookstore to see if issues had arrived yet. I'll have to check out the website for the pattern. I did kind of wonder how they were going to deal with making variable sizes. Not quite as simple as the no-frills-frilly-apron to make it fit all of us. Well, I'm sure I'll find plenty to love in each issue.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  8:30:56 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I found the pattern on the website, and there is even an offer to have these darling knickers made for you! I was a bit shocked at the price. I think there must be a mistake? The pattern is $6, and there is a note that says it should be $1-3 to ship just the pattern, but when I went to check out, the cheapest shipping option was nearly $10. I'm trying not to be too disappointed, or too cheap, but darn. That wasn't what I was hoping for. I may just see what I can sketch out for myself, be creative, and use the photo for inspiration.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  10:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Michelle- Call Sunny at the farm. I think I remember a topic a few months ago regarding something like this. Basically the farm will ship it the cheapest way possible, but the website automatically calculates the shipping per UPS which assumes a minimum weight of about 2 pounds.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  10:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
PS- I assume you mean the price mistake was the shipping? I am pleased as punch that the hand-made-for-you ones are only $37.50! Now that's a bargain!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  10:31:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Michelle and Alee,

The patterns would always go USPS if that was the only item ordered, and Alee is right, the Web site always calculates per UPS rates. The knickers pattern shipped to the US via USPS would be $1.00. The bloomers pattern will be a little more due to more pages. (I'll let you know that price as soon as I get one of the patterns from the design studio!)

Thanks for asking so others will also know!

~Sunny

Farmgirl Sister #4
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  12:24:08 PM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies for the information. Yes, my only concern was the shipping cost confusion I had.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  12:44:02 PM  Show Profile
My pleasure; glad to help. (Thanks, Alee!)

~Sunny

Farmgirl Sister #4
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic MJF petticoat in July Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page