Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Sad News- Losing Faith UPDATE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sad News- Losing Faith UPDATE Next Topic
Page: of 2

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  8:39:05 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth- my hubby heard we are supposed to get another 5 inches on Thursday. That's just insane! We can't take much more! The next couple days we are having our parents come over to help watch the boys so we can at least pick up everything that has washed away before another flood comes and it's long gone. Hopefully we will be able to salvage whatever is left and put it in the little hog lot and gate it so it doesn't get away. If it does flood again and gets higher than last time, our older goats will be in danger as well. I think I'm going to put the livestock racks up on the truck so I can use it in an emergency. As it was, one of my wilder goats ran out into the pasture on me when I was getting the horses and he almost drowned in front of me. The current was so strong in that area that it shoved a tire underneath the cattle panel. I tried to get it out and couldn't.

We are lucky that all we have is a creek to deal with- the water level goes down a lot faster than in the rivers. A lot of metro areas (Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City) are dealing with major flooding-worse than 1993 I've heard.

http://plumcreekmama.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  07:13:45 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I have been deep in the shoes you are wearing now and from time to time I start to slip back in. Please see your doc. You would be surprised at how much better you can feel after a long pampering, uninterupted soak in the tub. Your little ones are probably like mine. Knocking on the door or just barging in. Find them something you know will keep them busy for the amount of time you think you will need to relax, don't worry about what mess they're going to make. Take your special alone time after they go to bed, before they get up or get a friend or family member to keep the kiddos for an hour or so. Make time for yourself, even if at first it's 15 or 30 minutes a day.

We're all praying for you and keeping you in our thoughts. Anytime you need to rant get on here, we'll listen.

Melanie

http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sage
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Pam
Worland Wyoming
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  10:43:23 AM  Show Profile
Heather; My heart ached when I read this and I had to write you. Life is hard and can really get you down when bad things seem to come all at once. You take care of your family but they need you to take care of yourself. Please go to the doctor if you don't get better and find someone to talk to. Each day set a small goal to accomplish - one load of laundry, 10 minutes dusting, or a healthy meal for yourself. I'd also suggest writing in a journal a few minutes a day of everything good in your life, your family, friends, your dogs, even a wildflower or a pretty leaf in the sun. When you wake up tell yourself how lucky you are and that you deserve to feel better - treat yourself better. The Farmgirls will always be here to listen and help when you need them.
Sending warm loving thoughts your way. Sage :)

Farmgirl sister #140
www.heritagedesigns.etsy.com

Edited by - Sage on Jun 11 2008 10:45:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  11:31:25 AM  Show Profile
Journaling IS great....I started about 15 years ago when I went through some really tough times and I still journal every morning for an hour..it is my written prayer now but in the beginning it was a way to get all the negative stuff on paper so it didn't spill out on others. I also would write 10 things I was grateful for...at first that was REALLY hard but it's amazing when you think about it how much you really ARE grateful for...nowadays I could fill a whole page or more!
My daughter is a teacher in Cedar Rapids, IA and she just called me and said they are evacuating people in Palo and some other places and more rain is expected...DARN! I lived on my little farm back in 93 when it flooded and it was close...real close and they closed interstate 380 near my farm. I lived about halfway between Cedar RApids and Iowa City. We couldn't cross our little Plum Creek, which turned into a raging river, and get to the barn but the horses were high and dry and had plenty of pasture on that side of the creek. I will pray for all of you in Iowa and was planning on going up in July but there are so many roads closed we'll see. Hang in their Heather and we're all praying for the rain to stop and the sun to shine on you in more ways than one!
Love y'all......Sam in AR
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sad News- Losing Faith UPDATE Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page