Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic This just irks me... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  11:05:45 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I go shopping to find a new t-shirt and some shorts for tubing in 2 weeks. Now, I am a wonderfully voluptuous woman but I can shop either in the plus size or sometimes I can get on a regular XL or L. Then it hit me, why do we even have to have a separtion in the store? Why can't all the sizes happily hang on the rack together and make on big clothing family? I think it would go a long way it not making woman and girls feel bad if they didn't have to shop in such segregated sections of the store. Plus, I hate having to run back and forth to see what goes with what and if they have it is the other section. Sorry, it just irks me...

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  11:18:42 AM  Show Profile
I like the separation because I know exactly where I can go to get the clothes that fit me. The styles of clothing that fit smaller people are not designed with a larger (especially in the bust) girl in mind. I find it very frustrating to see something cute, only to find that it's not in my size or the size that should fit does not because of the design. I just recently discovered Cato, and they have a wonderful women's department, with very cute clothes for gals like us.
It has never really bothered me that I have to shop in a separate area. As long as I can find something that fits, I'm happy. :)

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  12:09:52 PM  Show Profile
What bothers me is that there are different clothing lines for teens, young women, and the rest (they don't actually come out and hang a sign that says "over the hill, shop here"). They all use the same sizes, but the numbers mean something different. So I might be a size 4 on one rack and a size 12 on the rack right next to it. Target is really bad this way. Like you say, Heather, I'd like to be able to just pick up the right stuff conveniently and try it all on together.
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  4:49:14 PM  Show Profile
Ami c.
I am with you,
It is frustaring going to Wall-mart to find any kind of decent clothing to wear
I quit.
I only buy the White stags jeans
and the just my size underware
I quit buying just my size tee-shirts at Wall-Mart because the ones I had had gotten holes in them
I don't meen just one tee-shirt I mean about everyone,
I have tops I got years and years ago
when they first came to our area
The tops are still like new.
What Happened?
They have poor quality clothing.
I am getting really frustrated about going there any more. pinkroses.
Oh,
and I don't like the way the catter to the young and the skinny,
pinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  7:50:32 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone noticed how the SIZES have changed? A size 9 (what I was in High School nearly 20 yrs ago) is actually a size 4 or 5 NOW! (wish I was STILL that size "9" I was in high school! now I'm a 10-12, depending on designer and fabric)

And what's with the shirts that stop above the belly button and the pants that fall below it? Come on! Those loooow riding jeans they have now barely cover girls' crotches! (sorry to offend anyone by that term, but come on-- look at the girls who WEAR those jeans!) They only look good on someone a size 2 or smaller. (and how many girls and women are a size 2) On everyone else, stuff hangs out that NOBODY wants to see! Even if I was STILL that tiny size I once was, I still wouldn't wear those low cut jeans. I have some class and if I don't want to look at someone else's stuff hanging out, I certainly wouldn't want to share MINE!! (LOL!)

As for cheaply made clothing? EVERYTHING is crap nowadays-- from our cars, right down to our UNDERWEAR!!! (you know how there's always that ONE little string that you pull? And it's always the favorite pair that's the FIRST to go! LOL) ~~~Tracy

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic This just irks me... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page