junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2005 :  12:49:05 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I LOVE your kitchen and please do share more pics, even better, can you tell us how to post pics on these forums? I still haven't figured it out? I'd love to see a pic of your cabin! It's my dream to have a cabin someday and am always gathering ideas for the old notebook, aka wishbook! PLEASE!!!

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2005 :  5:44:50 PM  Show Profile
hi sue .. (love the 'junebug' name .. how did you come up with it? what's the 'story' behind it?

i'll try and 'post' a picture and let you know step by step what i did.

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2005 :  6:05:41 PM  Show Profile
o.k. sue .. here goes: first go to Photobucket.com .. and register. Then, the instructions for 'posting pictures' is pretty self-explanatory. (So far, i've only done this with a 'floppy disk' with pictures on it .. sooooooo .. i'll give instructions for that way:

After you've posted some photos to Photobucket .. (and i did this on the ADD PICTRUES page .. i had a floppy disk in my machine with photos on it .. i clicked on "browse" .. then chose the picture i wanted to 'upload" .. (it will pop up in the 'picture' box .. then click SUBMIT ... it will 'upload' .. when you scroll down you will see your phot .. with
Url
Tag
Img ................. and a bunch of numbers and letters.

HIGHLIGHT this line .. click 'edit' (at the top of your screenand then click 'copy'

NO .. go to Maryjane's farmgirl connection site ... either start a 'new' message .. or if you are replying .. i had to go to the top of the page and click on Reply to Topic .. THEN a block comes up that has a bunch of little icons at the top (Carol gives good instructions on how to do this on the site) .

O.k. look at the little icon that is FOURTH from the righ t.. it is a square with a little mountain.

when you click on that .. this is what you will see:

o.k. .. now .. switch back to your PhotoBucket web-site and find the picture you want to post: and go to the 'space' between the

and edit/copy/paste the picture that you highlighted from Photobucket exactly in the middle of the two img's like this:

and 'hopefully' your photo will show up when you post your reply.

Above is a dolly that i made from Valentine's Day .. (part of the fireplace mantel decorations for Valentine's day a few years ago when i lived at Crooked Tree Hollow in Maryland.

o.k. .. i'm gonna' post this and see if it worked.

any questions or glitches .. let me know and we'll work this out sooner or later.

you might want to try and print these instructions .. or write them out.

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  11:08:28 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
I'm going to be redoing the awful kitchen in the house sometime in the new year (we're living in the mother in law suite right now). I have worked hard to convince hubby we need to let the rafters be exposed and raise the ceilings - that would make the space seem bigger.

Here is a current photo of the kitchen (it's my greenhouse, and my hubby's storage space at the moment, I sure wouldn't cook in there!)

Outside front of the house. I want to make the kitchen windows the same height as the other windows, to brighten the space (I very much like light)

Here's the outside from angle of the elevation drawing next:

Here's the elevation drawing I have so far, so the ceilings will be higher:

and how I want to lay it out next (I have other drawings somewhere, I'd have to scan them though, but I drew all the cabinets out and figured out where drawers would be, a hidden wine cabinet (seeing as I am in the Bible Belt and in a dry county):

The current kitchen layout has the entry door in the wrong place, anyone walking through the kitchen would immediately be in your way, there is too much window (both are 5' wide, I want to shrink the width of the one over the sink) and the L shape simply does not work well at ALL for anything!

I plan to have all wood cabinets, and do an antiqued sort of dark redwash so they look older and a bit Italian country.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  12:15:09 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, thanks so much for posting the how to's, I'll have to play around with it as I get more time. I see Lynn had no problem, the house is cute and with your ideas will make a cozy home, you'll have to share after photos with us too. I'm junebug cuz I was born in June and I'm always bugging my hubby to start another project around this place, it paid off, we got ALOT done this summer!

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  12:33:48 PM  Show Profile
sue .. june what? i'm june 5 .. honey junk is june 12 .. and we have LOTS of june birthdays in our family .. ha! i figure that mom's had more free time when school started in september!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  12:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Darling house Lynn...your kitchen doesn't look so bad to me. But then I lived in Europe for 3 years and what passes as a kitchen over there does not pass for one here. Hope your remodel comes out like you plan...and more importantly on time and on budget!!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  12:40:05 PM  Show Profile
I love your kitchen and house Lynn! The kitchen is so bright and sunny and cozy too! I love sunny kitchens...your house is adorable too! It looks quaint and country and warm...the way all country houses should look! You are so talented and hard working girl! I really admire ya!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  1:00:01 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I was born June 22, 59. We are empty nesters now, and I swear I got more done when all 5 kids lived at home and I worked full time? Don't understand it! lol

Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2005 :  05:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by MeadowLark

I love your kitchen and house Lynn! The kitchen is so bright and sunny and cozy too! I love sunny kitchens...your house is adorable too! It looks quaint and country and warm...the way all country houses should look! You are so talented and hard working girl! I really admire ya!

Thank you Meadow! :) You made my day :)
We actually haven't done anything with that house yet! It has a great floor plan which I intend to improve, right now all that attic space is completely unused, the access hole is almost too small for my hubby to squeeze through.

Here's a before and after of the kitchen in the mother in law suite - the whole place was disgusting before we redid it. (ahem... they were cooking drugs in this kitchen, so we had to gut the place anyway, shame for the solid wood cabinets.. but you cannot keep them after that)

Here it is after (sorry for the night photo! It is very bright during the day, especially now the leaves are off the trees!) My hubby did the design in the floor - isn't he talented?

Here it is from the angle of the stove to the LR:
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2005 :  05:40:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh Lynn, that is just beautiful! Your hubby's floor is so pretty! You both are so talented....thanks for sharing your pics!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2005 :  12:27:46 PM  Show Profile
Yes in deed Lynn, good job! Keep sharing pics with us, I love to take a peek in other's homes and see what kind of improvements they have done, and get ideas. Makes me want to start another project! LOL

Go to Top of Page

Tatiana
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Tania
Boise ID
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2005 :  5:44:06 PM  Show Profile
I sure have enjoyed everone's ideas. I want floor to cieling pantry along one of my walls too, Ellen. That with one big island that is raised. I need more working counter space so badly. Case in point: I had a friend over to make lefsa yesterday and had to move all my appliances to the floor so we could have enough room for the grill and room to roll out dough. It seems like it is that wa whenever I need to do anything big (often) like canning, holiday cooking, etc.

I don't look forward to cleaning a larger kitchen, but the efficiency would make up for it I think.
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2006 :  1:20:10 PM  Show Profile
i had this ol farm kitchen done over and i have what they call fake beams with allof my stainless steel pots hanging on them. makes it sooo much easier to put them away, also a wood stove,works too!! wonderfull for drying the cast iron pans, that hang behind the old wood stove! it is rustic but at times i tink of taking out the old wood stove, but then when the power happens to go out, no no! don't think so, also if i ever had an island, i believe i would like to have wheels on it ha ha! that's what my sister wants in their new home they are doing now, and her hubby thinks she is crazy, but i don't blame her there! if u ever wanted to move it over for space, presto!!! just wheel it out of the way, i have oddles of basketts hanging also on these beams, great for the garden vegies in summer, about the only time they get well used though, i wonder girls will we ever see a dream kitchen, i do love mine, but i have seen some other lovely ones too, i hear ceramic tile is great, but wouldn't it be cold in winter? i spose nothen a pair of good slippers wouldn't take care of eh? they say they are easier to keep?? love reading about all of these ideas from all of the kitchens, after all isn't that where we do most of our daily chores, lol! jo!

love is all you need
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic How would you redo your kitchen Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page