Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Meeting the Crew!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Meeting the Crew! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  10:22:56 AM  Show Profile
I am very pleased to say that I've been blessed with beautiful meetings as of late.

On September 15th, my daughter and I dropped in on a book signing in Seattle and were able to have a very nice visit with MaryJane and Meg.. big hugs, and even tooks some pics!

Yesterday, September 25th at the Farmchicks Sale in Fairfield, I was pleased to meet the acquaintance of Kate, Terri, Allie, Emil and Luke, and last -but certainly not least- Julie Bell and Cindylou. We three had a very nice visit and found so many commonalities that we need to pursue! Got Emil and Luke to take some pics of us too! Wonderful day.

Beautiful souls, all of you!!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****

Edited by - Clare on Sep 26 2005 10:24:51 AM

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  10:36:31 AM  Show Profile
Sounds warm and sooo much fun Clare!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  11:31:19 AM  Show Profile
Clare,
I was thinking of you yesterday off on on throughout the day.
Glad to hear that you finally got to meet everyone!
I bet it was a lovefest
This Saturday I am taking the train to NYC, to see MJ et al at the
BE CREATIVE,NY event hosted by Country Home. I am trying to decide if I have the courage to wear an apron from Philadelphia to NYC and walk the streets to Central Park and hold my head high.
Right now, I am leaning toward...YES, NYC, I am a farmgirl and I am PROUD!!!
Really looking forward to the trip.

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  1:14:55 PM  Show Profile
BlueEggBabe...A resounding YEAH,,,,wear the apron girl!!!!

Here's the scene....Sue (BlueEggBabe)fresh faced but not naive country girl from Pennsylvannia arrives at Grand Central carrying her vintage blue train case, looking stunningly beautiful and wholesome in a cream silk 40's blouse, bluejeans, and a white 40's bib apron that is a muted apple and leaf print, edged in red ricrack. Hesitantly she disembarks the train into the sea of humanity. A row of well dressed business men look from around the Saturday Times and say..check June Cleaver...3 o'clock...wow who's that babe....As Sue passes she says with a wink.."That's BlueEggBabe, mistah...and don't fooooorrrget it!" The row of men pass out from the sheer beauty and force of farmgirl power!!!! BlueEgg does NY, with farmgirl panasch!!!! A write up in the NYtimes people watching column ensues...and a massive nation wide trend is born on the streets of the Big Apple! APRON CHIC!!!!!! Clare and Sue, I am not flatteringly jumping up and down saying..." I wanna see some pics!!!!

Edited by - MeadowLark on Sep 26 2005 1:17:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  1:35:53 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark, I think it's no secret that I'm a camera dork , so I'm hoping to have my throw away camera's film all used up by tonight.... developed tomorrow, scanned tomorrow night and postable then too. Keep your fingers crossed for this dork to be successful in her quest!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  1:44:59 PM  Show Profile

Oh Clare ~ Julie Bell and I had such a great time visiting with you yesterday!! We just "clicked" right away, hugging each other like long lost friends!! Well, actually we have been e-mail friends for a couple of years, as well as on the forum so it was great to finally get together. Thanks Clare for making the trip over to the Farm Chicks show!! It was fun chatting over lunch and browsing through the booths looking for treasures. I can't wait to see you again!!
love ya,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  1:48:49 PM  Show Profile

MeadowLark, you could be a screen writer for a series of vintage farmgirl travel stories! I love your great imagination! What a send off for BlueEggBabe who will have a wonderful time in New York City!! Happy trails BlueEggBabe ~ I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you return!! MaryJane, Megan, Julie Bell, Kate and Anna are really excited to see you there!!
sunnily yours,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  1:49:43 PM  Show Profile
It is so good to hear that Clare is meeting and loving the people she has already loved so well the last couple of years. I am so happy for you, Clare. Your hard work for MJF deserves a personal meeting and a personal friendship. I knew it would come. Thank you all for sharing your stories and I look forward to photos. It warms the heart.
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  2:05:55 PM  Show Profile

oh my gosh, MeadowLark,
I am ROTFL&PMP at your NYC fantasy.......
yes, I am having a bit of a fashion crisis. I always do when I get outside of my immediate surroundings. But, you have the ruffly white silk (uh, probably silky polyester)blouse and the jeans correct!
Haven't decided on a jeans skirt or pants yet, but definitely my durango boots and I was thinking a funky vintage flowered half apron with three rows of red tape, not rick rack, but, holy geez you are as amazing as Patricia with your intuitive insight!!! WOW!
I will let you know if the rest of the story enfolds like you predict!
I hope not to be too obtrusive with the camera, but I will do my best
to bring back a few goodies to share.
By the way, today I did a mapquest search to see how long and far to drive to Moscow from here....2,600 plus miles and 40 hours driving. sigh, just checking...for next year. However, if you and I drove towards each other we would meet in the middle after only 10 hours!!
That seems EASY, doesn't it? !
Well,train leaves at 8:30 am Saturday morning...
Too bad I don't have a travelling companion to do a photo documentary
on the social reprocussions of wearing an apron on a train.
Here I go.

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Julie
MaryJane's Farmgirl

60 Posts

Julie
Moscow ID
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  2:30:57 PM  Show Profile
You girls are so silly!!!!! I don’t even give a second thought to wearing an apron in the outside world. Just part of the outfit in my book. Meadowlark, I love the way you write, it’s just like I dream.
Sue, I can’t wait to meet you. Don’t worry about the apron or the looks, because I’ll be right beside you all the way. My red ropers will be on my little feet.
Clare, you are wonderful!!! Such a gentle sprit, even with Cindylou and I overwhelming you with lots of hugs. Long lost friends who come together and never miss a beat, that’s who we all are. I could not live one day without my girlfriends. I draw my strength from each one of you. I did get a picture, I’ll download it tomorrow and let you all have a peak.

Food Stylin' & Fancy Free
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  3:01:12 PM  Show Profile
Ahhhhhhhhhhh....I love this forum, this place and the people here.

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  3:44:51 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark- I wish I could look inside your head for just a minute and see what's going on in there! You have the best imagination. Keep sending along your pearls of wisdom et al. You make my day.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  4:19:58 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Karin, But I guarantee you'd be saying ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHH let me outta here! ( my head that is...) It probably comes from too many lonely days and nights on the barren plains and the endless prairie skies. I have a tendendancy to let my mind wander... to other places.

Sue Babe...Is it 10 hours to Kansas from where you are at? If you want there is a cozy little room with rose wallpaper waiting here in Kansas to rest and relax and shower for the journey to Idaho next summer...then we can travel on together through crook and dale and mountain trail to MJ's farm! However you'd like to go...my car or yours or Dh and an airplane. Although we could sure get some good bonding time the rest of the journey if we go by car, and stop for little picnics on the way there... I'll pack the wine and cheese.

Edited by - MeadowLark on Sep 26 2005 4:21:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  4:30:26 PM  Show Profile
Kim of Hinkley, Ill. come and join us! How far are you from Central Ks? probably not that far... Heck anyone else can use my place as a rest stop while traveling from east to west...that is what Kansas is used for...a giant rest stop between coasts.

Edited by - MeadowLark on Sep 26 2005 4:31:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  5:26:32 PM  Show Profile
No, I am afraid that if I drove toward Salina and you drove towards Philadelphia after 10 hours we would meet somewhere in Indiana or Illinois. I believe I am about 20 hours from you.
In the huge picture, looks like 5 days out (driving 8 hours per day), 2-3 days there and 5 days back.......Is it possible for an almost 46 year old farmgirl to leave home in peak season for two weeks toplay??? Yikes.Be still, my guilt!!
Thank goodness I have almost a year to plan.
Packing wine and cheese, now that's quite a good start to the list
Right now, I am foraging away in my under-the-mattress account.
OOh boy, lots to plan.

J.J.R.Tolkien

Edited by - BlueEggBabe on Sep 26 2005 5:28:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  5:43:32 PM  Show Profile
Girls, may I suggest flying? I'm going to be working on some discounted airfares for the group soon. Start saving your pennies now, and it will ultimately save wear and tear on your bodies so that you may have a fun experience (and less guilt) at our FarmFair gathering next July. Details to follow!

Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  5:47:16 PM  Show Profile

clare,
you are a goddess

BEB

J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  5:57:49 PM  Show Profile
Down to earth time:I am still thinking like I was 22yrs old and leaving for South Padre Island with my girlie friends in the 75 Plymouth Duster driving for 30 hours straight, only stopping in Waco for a pee break....Yikes! Clare, you are the goddess Diana with overalls on...or Ceres the Roman goddess of agriculture with pulchitrude ( I love that word) and Venus, instead of standing on a shell you are standing on a compost heap wearing a homemade bib apron!You are the BEST!!!!

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  6:27:43 PM  Show Profile
Clare - it sounds like you had so much fun! We wanted to go and had the trip planned but with the cost of gas decided against it. But we are definitely saving pennies for the trip to Farm Fair. I had a wonderful surprise phone call from Cindylou on Friday evening -- she was checking to see if the North Clark County Farmgirls were going to make it to the Farm Chicks Show. It was so sweet to talk to her and kind of her to think of us.

I hope as many people as possible will be able to be at Farm Fair next year. Won't it be just too cool to finally meet?

Meadowlark, I loved your story about Sue and her trip to New York. You should definitely write a work of fiction about our Blue Egg Babe and her trip to the "Big City".

I'm still hot...it just comes in flashes.
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  6:44:32 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Meadowlark You should write for a living. What a great description!!! If Sue could not play the part, what actress should play the role in the movie?????

For some reason Katherine Hepburn comes to mind--yes, ladies, I do know that she is deceased.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  7:57:16 PM  Show Profile
Nicole Kidman or Renee Zellwaeger comes to mind...But Kate H. would have been perfect 60 years ago.

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  8:27:43 PM  Show Profile
Thank you sistas!! Okay, I was hoping to outsmart my technology photo dorkness, but I don't think I made it. The photo of MJ, Meg and me was taken under flouresent lighting and had lots of backround reflection, so it's not the best quality... and Cindylou, me and Julie Bell's pic is okay... but my scanner was given to me, and I think quality was not one of its fine points.... so hey, they are what they are-- at least you can tell I ain't lying about being there!

P.S. I think I was biting my lower lip to keep from crackin' up cause those girls (CL & JB) are a stitch! I really wasn't getting ready to fire off the f word.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/farmersdaughter1230/album?.dir=/79e9&.src=ph&.tok=phnF2rDBDES1.u3h

Edited by - Clare on Sep 26 2005 8:31:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  8:44:12 PM  Show Profile
Clare-Awesome photos! Ok, if you SAY you weren't getting ready to fire off the f word.....! I'll believe ya!
Meadowlark, I would definately drive to your house. Now that I know Kansas like the back of my hand! He!He!
I actually was trying to calculate how long it would take me to drive to Moscow, in the company car I had while I was out there.....Hopefully, I'll either be back permanently or for another 30-60 days. NOw that I am no longer attached, BRING ON THEM FARMBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow

Edited by - Kim on Sep 26 2005 8:44:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  8:52:14 PM  Show Profile
Since we are talking about meeting people. I had the great pleasure of meeting CelticCoyote (Heather) and LifeSmiles (Kathy) tonight. It was fun!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  10:37:42 PM  Show Profile
Clare...loved the photos!! how fun to get to meet all the gals like that!! Loved hearing about it!! Gosh I can hardly wait to get to meet them myself some day!!
Thanks for posting the pictures...lucky them for getting to meet you too!!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  10:43:53 PM  Show Profile
Clare -- your photos were wonderful. You are so pretty!!! Glad to see the wonderful gal that keeps us all in line here on the connection.

I'm still hot...it just comes in flashes.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Meeting the Crew! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page