Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 I visited the Farm!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic I visited the Farm! Next Topic  

LisaBee
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Lisa
Sparta TN
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  10:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Send LisaBee a Yahoo! Message
Knowing that I was packed up in Coeur D'Alene and ready to head East, Sunny at MJF was nice enough to set up an appointment for me to come visit last Thursday morning before I left Idaho. I got there about 10am and it was pretty exciting to get to the sign announcing I was at the Farm. To start, I had to stop my truck in the road because there were four deer standing in it. My first thought was that I was being given quite a welcome! As I drove up the lane leading to the farm, my first view was of a large garden with two people working in it. Turned out to be MaryJane's son and son-in-law, so they were the first people I met and talked to...both really nice guys. They pointed me up to the warehouse area, which is where I was met by Sunny. She gave me a brief tour of the warehouse area and I met a few more people. One of the things that was so apparent is that everyone is so nice. There is a definite feeling of teamwork, and that I was in a group of people who genuinely like being around each other. When I went back outside to go and get my camera from the truck, I was introduced to Nick, MaryJane's husband. He was so easy to talk to, and even though he (like everyone else) was very busy, he made me feel like we could've stood there on the porch and talked all morning. I went and got a map and began my tour around the Farm. Although there had been guests staying in one of the tents, they had left that morning, so I had the place to myself. I walked up to where the tents were, and I can tell you that even if you have seen them in the book and magazines, the pictures do not do justice to them. What cozy, inviting and beautiful places these are! It was so peaceful, but not quiet because the wind through the trees was making the most awesome sound. I left the bed'n breakfast area and made my way around a small pond. It was so easy to picture this pond frozen over in the winter and everyone ice-skating and drinking hot chocolate. As I left this area, I continued on a path toward some buildings and was greeted by Hallie (hope the spelling is correct) a tiny goat who is very friendly. She came right up to me and let me pet her. I sat down on the path and spent some time with her. She climbed right into my lap! Turns out what she really wanted was the paper map I was carrying with me, which she managed to get a bite out of! The first building I came to was the Sewing room. Since I was told to make myself at home, I walked right in and met everyone in there and we chatted for a while. Because everyone knew I was going to be there, I was made to feel so welcome. My next stop brought me to Carol and MaryJane! It was so nice to recognize everyone from the magazines and book and meeting in person was a huge thrill for me. What can I say about MaryJane? She is so down to earth and friendly, I felt like I knew her already. And Carol is just as nice and warm. I know how busy they were, but they still took time to sit and chat with me for a while. I was so excited when MaryJane offered to let me take the paper copy of the new workbook (that is going to be published next year) out to the Plum Pit to read over. I resisted the urge to sit and read every page, because I want to read the book cover to cover when it is finished. I will tell you this...get ready for some awesome recipes, especially a pancake one that is in there. You will want this book AS SOON as it comes out! I got to meet Julie, the lady who rules the kitchen and is responsible for so many of the recipes and pictures we see. We sat in the kitchen and talked for quite a while. She is a Southern girl, like me, so our cooking styles are very similar. I don't think I can explain how I felt sitting there with her in the kitchen (my favorite room of any home) and talking like we have known each other forever. After meeting so many people, and two goats, I was ready to end my visit and head down the road, but not before stopping and picking up some food to take with me. Since I hadn't yet tried any of the organic food that MJF has for sale, I was really excited about this part! CindyLou was so helpful as we went through the shelves of the warehouse, and we filled up a box with a lot of her suggestions. Since I am on the road, I picked out many of the single serving packages. I also picked up some larger packages and a skillet to make bakeovers when I get to my new house Wednesday! (When I stop for gas, the stores have no problem with me getting hot water from them). What an easy way to eat while traveling. And the food is delicious! The tomato soup and the buttery herb pasta are especially wonderful to me. The thing I like best about the food (besides being so healthy!) is that I am spending way less money eating this way instead of fast food on the road. I had such a good time, and I know that from now on, everytime I read one of the magazines or books, I will remember this day and feel even more connected. To everyone at the farm who made me feel so welcome...thank you. I am posting a couple of pictures here, too, as soon as I figure out how. Sorry for taking up so much space, but I hope you enjoy reading about my visit.

"Don't feel totally, personally and irrevocably responsible for everything. That's MY job. Signed, GOD"

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  06:06:47 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Sounds just wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing your visit with us!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  07:51:27 AM  Show Profile
Ohhh Lisa-Sounds wonderful...I hope to be able to visit at the next Farm Fest~~Glad you got to visit before you left~~
Jan
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  08:19:30 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Lisabee! I am so glad you shared so eloquently about the MJ Farm visit. What a great way to begin your new life adventure.

It is so much fun to read accounts of visits to the farm. They are always glowing. That must be one authentically extra special place.
jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  9:00:07 PM  Show Profile
I can envision it as I read it Lisabee!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  10:34:01 PM  Show Profile
It does sound wonderful...I can hardly wait to go there myself some time!!! Thanks for telling us about it

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic I visited the Farm! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page