sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  5:41:04 PM  Show Profile
I'd rather be home than anywhere at all. My entire family is like that. We work around the house, run an errand or two and then hang out here doing lazy stuff sometimes (reading, writing, watching movies, sitting out with the dogs and chickens) and we garden and fish together. On Monday morning, I look forward to being home for the weekend.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  6:30:48 PM  Show Profile
I am so busy with work, the Fire Department, kids activities, etc. that I relish the times I do get to stay home. I have been setting up my sewing/crafting/art room and love to just go in there and create. I love having time to cook, bake and hang out at home. The kids wanted to go out for dinner yesterday and I told them to just go pick up something and we would hang out at home. I love being home. I don't do big crowds. I don't like going to the movies. I do like going into the mountains hiking and mountain biking when I am trying to escape home!!!

Every path has its puddle. We have a choice - Turn around, walk around, or jump in and have fun!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  10:30:48 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE to be at home and do all I can to be here as much as I can. I work part time (substitute teacher at the elementary school) and I am involved in alot of stuff, but for the most part I prefer to have everyone just come HERE. I don't mind a crowd at my own house. I do love to go fishing and camping alot..but short trips..no more than 2 nights if I can..day trips even make me happier. I havn't been away from home for more than a week in about 4 years..and I am no hurry to be gone longer.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Em
True Blue Farmgirl

137 Posts

Emme
Carnation WA
137 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  10:49:36 PM  Show Profile
I love to stay home too, especially on the rare occasions I get the house all to myself! (I have 4 kids, age 8 and under) I actually have a day this weekend where that is going to happen. This time though I am heading out! Its going to be a gorgeous sunny warm weekend, and I am going on a solo hike and then to the plant nursery and then home again to garden and craft all by my happy little self.

Farmgirl Sister #138
http://www.LilBitCrunchy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nelia48
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Cora
Spring Hill FL
USA
43 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  06:21:52 AM  Show Profile
I'm such a homebody, you might as well call me a hermit. I love sitting on my porch watching birds, etc., or sitting in my easy chair stitching, etc. I'm always glad to get out, but after about an hour, I want to get back home! Cora

http://hiddenrichessecretplaces.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  09:31:59 AM  Show Profile
My goal is to make my home the best vacation spot I know. With relaxing places to lounge around in the sun and beautiful gardens to look at or putter in. I love just sitting in my barn or outside watching the chickens and lambs do their thing. DD and I are very much like all of you - homebodies.

But, I also think we need to get out amongst humanity once in awhile to reinforce our goals and preferences. I just returned from a week-long business conference where I had to be "ON" all the time. You know the drill - chatty, clever, professional and charming. Man was I exhasted at the end of each day. I get soooo tired of explaining what I do and why I do it (the farmgirl stuff) that I really don't want to talk at all. I had a great time though at the cities indoor farmers market - great place.

I was sooo glad to get home though, see how much our new chicks had grown and just sit and watch DD as she worked her lambs for an upcoming show.

Plus, when I'm gone my garden falls behind and I don't get to work on special projects AND, I hate fighting the traffic, the crowds, dimwitted sales people, and just plain rude people.

click click - There's no Place Like Home

Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  10:01:34 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jenn, that is such a worthy goal ~ "to make my home the best vacation spot I know." Thanks for that inspiration!

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  2:10:06 PM  Show Profile
I am such a homebody! I would prefer to be at home over anywhere else..

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

farmama_3k4h
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

FARMAMA
kentucky
USA
36 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  7:57:53 PM  Show Profile
I am very much a homebody. It is not that I do not like people, it is just that I love home. I have many domestic interests and hobbies as well as outdoor hobbies. THere is always plenty to do and enjoy with small children on a farm. I have been criticized for not being extremely active in the community. I am interested in the community, however, I feel that God has called me to be home with my chidren, to teach them and to foster their interests.

Home should be a haven, somewhere to long to spend time and make it a place to enjoy for generations to come.

Ribbons -n- Rags

www.ribbonsnrags.blogspot.com

Farm and barn girl since birth.
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  11:19:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
I really love my home .... I love curling up with a good book by the fire and reading ..... I love working in my studio with the New Mexico Sun shining through ......I love cooking in my kitchen ..... and I love the peacefulness I feel when planting my flowers and vegetables .....YUP, I love being at home .... BUT..... I ALSO love ... being part of the energy of the city and getting together with friends and partaking in the Arts Community .... I need to have both to feel a balance. I love being active followed by quiet or quiet followed by activity! And I love that all of us can enjoy life differently... I love diversity of people that can still walk side by side!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  04:31:26 AM  Show Profile
I heard a person describe themselves as "an intoverted extrovert" and that is me ...Toatally! I am very outgoing and a social butterfly, but Ilove nothing better than to be at home puttering around. I too love watching my chickens do their thing outside, pecking at the ground and following each other.
There truly is no place like home!!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - May 17 2008 :  05:19:36 AM  Show Profile
I have loved reading this post. I am sooooo happy to see that others feel the same way about staying home.

Jenn, I too love to just sit in my barn and look around, look outside the barn doors at my garden, listen to the animals in their little chatter and the birds singing. The big lazy cat loves laying beside my feet. The other day my DD and family were here and she was in the barn with me while milking my dairy goat and we got caught in there in a terrible rain storm. I said go ahead and make a run for the house and she said "No I'll just sit here and enjoy the barn. It is so nice to just sit and look around." (That's why I have 2 chairs in the barn for times like these!) I agreed. I can sit there for a while and daydream but then reality slaps me in the face and reminds me that I have too many chores to do to just sit there!!!!!

Becky

Loving Living Simply!
http://sunnymorningfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - May 17 2008 :  7:00:58 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by catscharm74

Especially on the weekends? If I get invited somewhere, I like to go for about 2-3 hours and come home. I just putter around the house, sit in the sun, play with Charlie and make yummy, bad for my hips food. We sometimes pile all the cushions on the floor and watch movies all day. I do not do any chores more than if something needs to be washed and cleaning up from cooking. I am not anti-social, but large crowds do exhaust me out. I can usually stay home for long periods of time, then I go out for just a few hours and get my fix of "life" out there and am so happy to be home. I do better one on one or maybe three, but more than that I go into a frenzy. I am a nester too. I like to make my house cozy to our standards and half the time it looks like a big wind came through and tore up the place but it is home. How about you?

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

we are busy most weekends with girls stuff but i love to stay home when i can!!!

AngiK

For he is faithful that promised. Hebrews 10:23

check out Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - May 17 2008 :  7:33:44 PM  Show Profile
I love being at home. I retired 7 years ago, and up until that time I was always gone. Right out of high school I began college--days, nights, summers. Then I began my 29 year teaching career. I did my Masters and Rank I programs at night, on Saturdays and summers for years. I really didn't know what "being home" consisted of even for a couple of years after I retired. I couldn't settle down into a somewhat "routine". I think I have it figured out now. Go when you can, do what you want and save some time for laundry and cooking!!!!!

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com

This is the day that the Lord has made.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do you like to stay home? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page