Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Anyone have a simple rag doll pattern?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Anyone have a simple rag doll pattern? Next Topic  

Yogifarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jenn
Swiftwater PA
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  09:43:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Yogifarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Want to make a simple rag doll for my daughter out of muslin and then embroider a face. Can't draw to save my life so can't seem to draw a decent pattern. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

"Breathe in the Sunshine"

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  10:53:10 AM  Show Profile
I can't help you, but I'm very interested in the question! I'd love to make little ragdolls with embroidered faces too, and little calico dresses for them. Um, I only have boys, but who cares? Heck, they'd probably play with them too.

I'd love any patterns or hints too!
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  12:07:41 PM  Show Profile
Jenn & Heather...I have sent a message to Jenn for her email address and will send her a pattern. If it works out readable, I will send you a copy too Heather.

Diane

Live a good and honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  12:13:55 PM  Show Profile
I used to make Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls for my daughter and for gifts when she was little. McCalls has an easy pattern and they're so cuddley. I made one for my granddaughter when she was small, too. They even have one size about 36 inches tall. It was as tall as Chrissy (my daughter) at the time I gave it to her and she loved it!

Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Kerrie
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Kerrie
Philadelphia Pennsylvania
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  05:11:49 AM  Show Profile
I bought these little patterns a few years ago when the seller was on eBay, they've been picked up by McCall's now. Cute little doll with tonnes of clothes and accessories available.
Here's the link: http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M4186.htm?tab=crafts&page=5

"Patience is the companion of wisdom." ~Saint Augustine
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  11:26:04 AM  Show Profile
I just made my own pattern, probably wasn't the easiest way to do it but it wqorked in the end. it funny your such ask this question was just thinking about making another. My Sister-in-law is 7 and I think she needs a Raggity Anne, every girl needs one, I think. I 'd love to see other patterns that people have used.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  11:39:39 AM  Show Profile
I make dolls alot..used to make them for a living years ago..sold to shops and made mannekins even for a children' clothing store. I use Carolee creations patterns alot and then "fix" them to be how I want. They are cute and not hard patterns and there is a website at www.sewsweetdolls.com don't go by the dolls on the home page..there are simple ones on other pages. I usually use cotton broadcloth or unbleached muslin for the bodies and have very rarely done the stretchy fleece fabric bodied ones..there are simple cute ones on other pages.
I still make dolls for gifts and occasionally to sell..they are fun! I never had girls until two years ago when we adopted our girls and I think it was the one "girly" think I did..making all those dolls when my grown boys were growing up.

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Oct 03 2005 11:41:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  1:09:43 PM  Show Profile
Leave it to Jenny to have yet another solution to something!! That girl has too many talents!!!

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

ladybugsmom6
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Tami
Horicon WI
USA
128 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  1:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ladybugsmom6's MSN Messenger address
With 5 girls in my little growing family, I found a great book called dolls kids can make.by Shiela McGraw. My girls love it the instructions are simple but accurate.there are dolls made out of the classic musln, Socks, Mittens even washclothes. my 7 year old can even follow the pictures and create on her own...I know this isnt the classic answer or even most direct one, but since there is such a responce, I thought you would all be interested in this too!
I have also made the McCalls Raggedy Ann, and although I did not follow the directions exactly, I was adapting for something else, she was lovely when finished!

-Tami
livin' right and loven' life!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  1:30:17 PM  Show Profile
I always embroider the face on Ann & Andy instead of just ironing it on but other than that I follow the pattern. It's not hard.

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Anyone have a simple rag doll pattern? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page