Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 OH LUCY, you gots some splanning to do!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic OH LUCY, you gots some splanning to do!!! Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  3:16:47 PM  Show Profile
OK, so who here has gone outside in their jammies to water a plant only to have the door lock behind you,,, come on, raise your hand,,,am I the only one??? uugghh, I am a "Lucy" waaaaa!
Ok,here is the visual....I am in my blue jammies w/a martini motif,,,I go out to water a plant on the balcony when I hear the stick I use at night to keep the slider door from being opened..."clunk" ...it's 9:30am, I live on a country road... clunk is not a good sound....
Option 1, I sneak around the house in hopes that I have left a door or window open/unlocked...no such luck!
Option 2, walk down our country road like a 5150 in my jammies & slippers, hair not combed, down to my neighbors and ask them to call my hubby...but their lights are not on...so ..
Option 3, I walk around the property, grab a road/snow marker, try to wedge my arm throught the 2" crack of the door & frame,,,cats think the stick is for their amusment...not going well, almost get arm stuck...
Option 4, go around to the front of the house, see neighbors husband across the road,,I wave, he waves, I wave franticly, he waves again, I walk up the driveway waving like a looney, he gets on his tractor and drives over to my property...I sheepishly tell him what happened, he heads home, calls my hubby, who comes home from work laughing his Butt off!, oh yeah, he told the guys at work too!
I am such a Lucy....hey Brenda, you and I can be the Lucy twins seperated at birth!
Did I mention, I soooo need a margarita???
So anyone elase do something "Lucy" today???

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  4:13:50 PM  Show Profile
OH THAT IS FUNNY. Better hide a key outside someplace.
nancy jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  4:37:35 PM  Show Profile
don't laugh, that's exactly what I did!!! I took a spare key, put it in a 1/2pt canning jar and burried it in a favorite spot away from the house....my luck the stupid Marmots(like pararrie dogs) will unearth it & bury it some place else on the property!!!!

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  4:44:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh girl this was before you even got to go play out in the dirt!!!
Yikes girl, I can give you Teresa's Lucy moment yesterday. She couldn't get me to wake up at 8:30am because she had slept through the alarm to get the girls to school on time, may have had something to do with Caleb likeing the night hours for a bit, so she is desperate, sees that my front window is not latched and gets it open, puts Kaitren through the window to open the door. Then comes and waks me up, hey, my earplugs work good. So she tells me the adventure, I look at her funny and go why didn't you walk around and come in the back door. Dan has moved his shop so right at present you can walk right into the back yard. She looked at me and started laughing, she said, I can't beleive I did that!!!!!!! I was laughing pretty hard by that time.
Lucy moment indeed.

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  4:50:03 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
We are only allowed one Lucy a day? I swear I live in Lucy Land!! HA!! But I have fun...

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  4:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hahahahhaha") I had a great day, but I would join you for a margarita anytime :)

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  5:21:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Grace! I have done that before! Almost exactly- only I live in town and it was an apartment complex!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  5:40:33 PM  Show Profile
Could have been worse if you were a person who sleeps in the nude: )JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  6:02:46 PM  Show Profile
I have one better....about 3 years ago, I was still preggers with Zoe and I left Rob at home with Grace in the wee hours to go get gas because I had to leave early that morning for the Cities. I left in my pjs. I got to the gas station, took my keys, locked the door, and then reached to get my purse....meanwhile I set my keys down to root for my purse in the back seat. I got my purse, shut the door and fueled up. I paid and went to get back into the car and CRAP! no keys! It's something like 5:30 am, I have the baby seat, Rob has the kid. locked car, pajamas. big problem. I called him and he had to put Grace in the backseat of his truck and he came and unlocked the car for me. I had to wait about 45 minutes cause he had to get Grace up, dress her and get her into the truck. So in my jammies, in the gas station. I got a free coffee out of it though. Lucy moments are the things our husbands never let us forget.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com/
http://youtube.com/profile?user=GaiasRose
Homepage:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com
"Joyful chaos, working in tune with the seasons, telling itme by the sun, variety, change and self-direction; all this wwas replaced with a brutal, standardized work culture, the effects of which we are still suffering from today." - Tom Hodgkinson in 'How To Be Idle'
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  6:44:02 PM  Show Profile
OK Gals, hold onto your hats, cause I have a doozy.. About 15 yrs ago, I was the occasional housesitter for a very well to do friend who decided to fly to Spain for a winter vacation. I was at work & asked a good friend if she wanted to spend the night with me at some cool digs. Well, it started to snow A LOT, & we finally made it to the neat house. It was snowing like mad, but only cold enough to make snow(about 32-33 degrees), very beautiful.. They have a hot tub on their patio, (of course), so we decided to partake in the nude, of course. It was really quite the sensation, it was cold outside, but the hot tub was steamy & the snow was gorgeous(no this is NOT X rated...LOL) After 10 or 15 minutes, we decided to get out & go in to get something to eat. WEELLL... The sliding door was LOCKED!!! We were NAKED!!! In the SNOW!! Their house was set up on an elaborate alarm system & we did not have a clue what to do. We walked(naked in the snow) down to the garage, which was locked. We had resigned ourselves to the fact that we would have to walk to the neighbors(anyone who knows the Greater Cincinnati area, would know the spectacular market called Jungle Jim's), well the owner lived next door. We were prepared to walk naked to his house & ask for help. As we walked around the house(through the snow, naked, barefoot & somewhat freezing) I saw that the side kitchen door was cracked open. Can you say "THANK YOU GOD!!!"
I cannot imagine what the owner of Jungle Jim's would have thought if he had opened his door to 2 naked women!! & Thank God I diod not have to find out!
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  7:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
LOL can't top that! LOL I love the memories, Lucies!

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  9:01:00 PM  Show Profile
Well, Grace, I will fess up. And, Lisa, this was outside of Cincinnati in Lebanon, OH. I rented a big house in town, well, big for me, and because things weren't set up properly yet, the fridge was on the enclosed porch, which was accessed from the kitchen through a door. And as I was getting ready for work one summer morning, well, getting my breakfast, I was in my "babydoll" pjs (which are not very concealing on a good day...) and I went out to the porch to get something out of the fridge and clunk the door shut and locked...so here I was (in those days) looking too cute in my babydoll pjs (well, it was hot and steamy, you know!) and there was nothing to cover myself with except a small curtain from the outside back door. So I did the best I could with that, walked across my big yard and my neighbor's big yard and knocked on their door and asked them to use their phone to call my landlord to bring a key...OMG, they were soooo nice and understanding...I am sure they got a lot of mileage out of this story of the dumb blonde next door who locked herself out and didn't have the decency to wear a housecoat!!! Anyhow, Grace, at least you were wearing proper pjs!!!

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  9:23:05 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
yep, that's another good story Judith...
LOL

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  06:16:36 AM  Show Profile
Judith
I used to date a guy from Lebanon, know the area VERY well.. Us OH gals must be closet flasher wannabes
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  07:25:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love this thread! You ladies are cracking me up! I am so glad I am not the only one that locks myself out...I just will have to remember to always wear clothes before I go outside to water! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  07:53:37 AM  Show Profile
You guys are all way too funny!!! GRACE! i can soooo picture it now!!! love it!! i bet Gary is soo not gonna let this one go for a while!!! hugs!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  08:09:25 AM  Show Profile
Now I know why I have a combination lock for my garage door. I was always worried I might lock myself out and that was a good excuse for a new garage door opener. I have locked my keys in my running car. Had to call my son to go to ex-hubbies house and get keys to the car. He wasn't home and probably doesn't know about it to this day. Sort of B&E.
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  09:01:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Iv'e been caught several times either early in the a.m. or late in the night watering flowers on my porches in my housecoat with hair uncombed ..... I finally put those Hide a Rocks in my rock gardens with a house key in them in the front and back of the house!....Each time I thought It surely wouldn't happen again.... but It Did!!! Took me a few times to wise up :)!!

Audrey
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  09:34:30 AM  Show Profile
Alrighty.. You KNOW I have a few of these babies stuffed away..
But this one HAS to be the icing on MY Cake..

I had an old Suburban.. drove this bad boy everywhere..
On my way to work one morning left a couple hours early so I could stop at the store..
Got back in after shopping.. My battery was Dead!
Crud! won't start, won't turn over.. no noise.. no NUTHIN'!
So i'm sitting there thinking.. WHY do I not have a cell phone with me.. WHY is it sitting on my desk at work still on the charger.. ?
& decided I was going to just have to go call hubby.. KNOWING how THRILLED he was going to be with me.. Rescue me from the parking lot of the store when HE thought I was either at HOME still or At WORK by Now!!!
(Didn't MENTION the little fact that I was going shopping that morning of course!)
So I grab the handle to step out of the truck..
NOTHING HAPPENS!
WILL NOT OPEN!
I have electric locks!
HOLY CRAP! I can't get out of my dang truck!
I hit the automatic lock on the door.. N O T H I N G!!
Girls!! I was LOCKED IN !!!
ok.. NOW the fear is setting in.. Panic mode.. claustrophobic..
I was ready to start climbing..
(Not sure where.. But i was NOT thrilled.!)
So I decided that I needed to get the attention of someone as they were
walking by..
PEOPLE IGNORED ME!
ok.. MAYBE I looked a bit strange..
MAYBE..
Sitting in my truck with all the windows up waving at people.. motioning for them to come over..
MAYBE..
I'll give them that..
But it's not like I looked Like Manson or Ted Bundy or something..
I'm a woman dressed for work.. sitting out in the middle of the shopping center parking lot.. !! In Broad Daylight..

Anyway.. 7 or 8 people walked past.. or ignored me.. or just flat out looked at me.. & turned away..!
FINALLY this guy walkes cautiously over.. Bob.. he's reluctant.. but I guess he assessed the situation & must have decided that he could make a fast enough getaway if I tried to abduct HIM or anything!!
Because he came close enough to the car for us to be 'properly introduced..' & for me to 'splain' the situation!
He seemed a bit wary of my story.. & walked around & tried all the doors.. I clicked my car button.. to show him that nothing was working.. I hit the real on the lock inside.. showing him that I couldn't get out.. showed him that the lever wouldn't open for me.. that I WAS LOCKED INSIDE MY OWN DAMN CAR!.. he said ..Pop the hood..
YES!!
I can do this! & Did..
He fiddled with that for a bit.. jiggled my cables i tried to start it.. nothing.. he pulled his truck over..he hooked it up.. let it charge a bit.. NOTHING..
NO Starting Truck & NO unlocking for Kathie!!
He said I don't know what to do for you.. what can i do..?
.. i asked if he can call my husband to come & help me..
He said yes.. he had a cell phone with HIM..
ALL this is being said probably way too loudly through my closed door & window of the truck of course..
So.. I loudly repeat my Husband cell # to him..
It rings..
Butch Answers..
Bob says..
"Is This Butch?"
to which I'm guessing my husband says something like..
"yes.. Why, who is this"
Bob now says.. "Butch.. You don't know me..My name is Bob.. I have your Wife Kathie here Locked up in her Car"
Poor Bob didn't get much else out..
I could HEAR my husband YELLING at Bob THROUGH My CAR WINDOW!!!
So then I am trying to yell back THROUGH the Window so Butch can HEAR ME!
& KNOW that I am ok.. & that POOR BOB!! THE ONE PERSON THAT HAS TRIED TO HELP ME!! IS NOT ABDUCTING ME!! or holding me captive locking me in my car!
I yell something like "BUTCH.. JUST PLEASE COME HELP ME!! I'm LOCKED IN THIS FREAKING TRUCK!"
Bob is now holding the phone up to the window.. So Butch can hear me..
& has this look of.. "Oh jesus.. i Swear.. i will never help another soul as long as I live again!" on his poor little face!
Butch is saying things That most of you will have never heard in your entire lives to this poor guy..! Finally.. he catches enough of bits & pieces from Bob & Myself to realize that BOB was just an innocent Passerby.. & was truly being a good little man just trying to assist this wayward Lucy.. & I with the assistance of this possessed Christine truck.. have done this all on our own!
& says he'll be there to come & get me..!
Bob & I have a bit of a laugh after Butch hangs up.. he decided I'm safe enough locked away in my truck.. no one can hurt me here obviously.. & he's got a job to get back to.. so we say our farwells.. & thank you's..

Butch shows up shortly after..
I think his blood Pressure appreared to have elevated OFF the charts that day.. he walks over.. puts his key in the outside of the truck door.. & unlocks it for me..
Whew!!!
I step out stretch my legs..
He looks at the door.. & the mechanisms on the door..
the handle.. the key lock.. the auto lock.. & tells me to get back in..
I do..
He locks the door from the outside & tells me to unlock it..!
I said " I can't you jerk.. It doesn't work!" he said "try the lever.."
i did.. nothing of course.. I said..'See.. nothing.." he says "try the auto lock button" I did.. click click.. nothing.. it doesn't work.. i said
"See.. What do you think I called you out here for..? Think I'm an idiot? It's not opening Butch! Now Open the damn door!"
He says "Try the LOCK"
I said "listen Dumb *ss.. I Just DID! I showed you.." Click click.. I did it again... 'It's NOT Working!!!!!"
He said "NO Dumb *ss.. THE LOCK.. the Door Lock.. try that"
I said "what are you talking about..?"
He had this look on his face.. that I REALLY.. did not like..
You know that look that they get.. you NEVER, EVER want to see that look on their faces.. that KNOWING they are right look..& that STUPID grin..
He said..
"Put your hand on that buttun on the side.. & pull it towards you"

Now.. You KNOW...
You KNOW that Stupid ... STUPID Door unlocked!!!

I don't think we had EVER used this device on this vehicle ever before or Since.. (Unless of course he was telling someone about the time I locked myself inside my own Stupid Truck!)

But..
In TRUE LUCY Fashion & Skill..
I said.. "Well that has nothing to do with the fact that the truck STILL won't start.. & NOW I'm late for work!"

(Starter..Not battery was what was wrong by the way..)

How about THAT for getting Locked out.. or up..
AND having to eat crow too!!!

Kathie.. Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself"..

Edited by - Kathie on May 09 2008 10:11:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  10:12:39 AM  Show Profile
I am sooooooooooooo glad I am not alone in LUCY WORLD!!!!
loved the stories....

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  12:00:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh you girls are making me laugh. I have several good ones too, but the best was when I stayed home from church to get ready for a party that we were having for our neighbors who where moving out of state. It was the middle of winter and I walked into our sunroom to turn a heater on - so that the room would be warm enough for when our guests arrived. Tried to walk back into our kitchen, and the door was locked. I was in my p.j.s., wearing socks. The floor was freezing. I was locked completely out of the main house. My options were:
1. stay in the freezing sunroom until my husband returned from church several hours later.
2. run up the hill (1/4 mile) in the snow to a neighbor's house who has a key to our house.

I did run up. Thankfully, those neighbors were home and they had a key. My neighbor drove me back home and made me stay in the car until she unlocked the door for me.

I was able to finish the party prep. - and we all had a funny story to laugh about later.

After running 1/4 mile in the snow with just socks on, my feet have never been the same!

Ann
Forrester Farm
http://picasaweb.google.com/FORRESTERFARM/FORRESTERFARMWEDDINGS
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  9:13:19 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I just remembered one of mine! I got a new car a couple of years ago. I was basically unimpressed when the dealer was showing me this car because I told him "of course it has this feature....it should...it's new and don't they all!" like the CD player, auto windows, air conditioner, etc. Anyway after having the car for several weeks I was needing to roll the back window down or do something to get out after cleaning the backseat and finding myself locked in with the child safety locks. I crawled into the front seat, not easily because I am not the 100 lb girl I was years ago, and this is a small car.
Anyway, I couldn't get the back window down at all no matter what I did....it bugged me that I could not find the button..kept looking for the button in the front that opened it, looked all over the inside of the doors where the tiny (secret from the kids) button enabling the kid's safety...I drove myself nuts looking for how to get the windows in the back down!
I was starting to cuss and get frustrated for sure....
then I remembered the manual for it and went inside the house, found the manual, brought it out to the car... I couldn't find it in THE MANUAL....comparing the pics and instructions in the manual...looking at the car door inside and window.....even with the picture of the door showing, that info was no where to be found!
Finally I sat there in the back seat...of course with one of the doors open so I could get OUT when I was ready. I meditated a moment and looked over at the back door and windows again and voila!! There was a handle CRANK on the door. !!!! I had not seen it until then!
I have not seen one of those in many years and this was a brand new car! I was beyond thinking that was funny...because I was shocked to see it and almost stupid for not noticing it before.
Yes, it is a 2003 Dodge Neon....with MANUAL cranks to open the back windows. I didn't think they made them that way anymore!
Lucy Lucy

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on May 09 2008 9:17:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  9:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Not that I havent done a LUCY thing or two, but one of my favorite "you got some splaining to do.. " moments was when a girlfriend called me one sat morning, laughing so hard I thought she would never get a word out.. Her son was playing in a baseball tourney in a new by town that she didnt know well.. and due to her work schedule she ended up leaving in the dark and arriving at what she thought was the camp ground sometime after midnight.. following the directions her son had given her....... by headlights she set the tent.. got the other kids in thier bags and just about a sleep when the sprinkles started... swearing like a heathen.. at what she said "the top of her lungs".. finding no one to help her find how to shut them off.. she, pulled the stakes, moved to a dry area.. and by the time she and kids were settled back down it was well after 2:30 am... and she needed to find the field by 7:30 am... at around 6:00 a.m. she was awaken by "RUDE" people talking loadly outside thier tent, so she came out of the tent madder then a hornet.. to discover she has pitched a tent in someones yard and they had called the police...............She was Horrified!!! I laughted so hard.... those poor people!

Okay.. and on another thread I told one on me..... that I ran myself over by a pickup truck..... now that is as LUCY as it gets!!!!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  12:32:34 AM  Show Profile
i have had plenty of lucy moments and have ended up crawling thru my kitchen window and let me tell you its a small space and i was just glad i didnt have to many dirty dishes in the sink cause i had to step into it. oh yeah i have also locked both set of keys in the car with the dog on vacation in the middle of the night luckily the safeway clerk was able to find a metal hanger and we got the door unlocked wow that was over eight years ago so i am kinda fuzzy on the details.

lavendar girl
http://lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  6:36:55 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to be so slow in responding, Lucy . . . er, Grace! We were busy showing off our pigs at the Jr. Livestock show! Anyhoo . . . yes, sadly I can relate. Mine however was about 16 years ago and only after 1 baby, so I was still dumb enough to think I could do the sun bathing in the string bikini thing. Dustin was a little baby and I had him in the crib and went in the back yard with our baby monitor so I could be a bathing beauty while also being a good Mama (multi-tasking at it's finest! LOL!) Somehow I managed to lock the door, sweet baby inside and all. Of course as soon as I realize this he starts crying over the monitor. I try to shimmy up to our windows, but the garage is locked and no ladder around. Finally, in total humiliation, I go to our neighbors. He is a garbage man who had just gotten off duty. He is filthy and I realize that if he goes through my window, he will have to come down on my cream colored comforter on my bed. But the only other option would be for him to "heave" me up, which I was not about to do given my scanky apparel! I think he might have gotten a view of much more than intended. So in he climbed dirt, smell and all. The baby was fine and so was I . . . other than massive humiliation. That truly was my last day I ever sunbathed! LOL!

We Lucy's have to stick together. It makes us feel so "normal."

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  7:27:06 PM  Show Profile
Amen to that sister!!!!
Hubby is still laughing, {sorry, I just had to read your story out loud!!}
Glad you are back home & "normal"?....I started working at the Garden Nursery today...ok, I no longer have nails & go figure, my toes hurt...don't ask....
Probably will work 3 days a week to keep me out of trouble & up to my eyeballs in dirt! lol!
Sort of like the Lucy episode where she gets her hairbrained idea to raise chickens for eggs & has a whole house full of eggs!..
tata-4-now

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com

Edited by - katmom on May 12 2008 7:29:47 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic OH LUCY, you gots some splanning to do!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page