sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  4:52:20 PM  Show Profile
Tami, for my pillows I use lavender, mint, spearmint, geranium. I don't always use them all together, it depends on the person I'm giving them too. I once gave as a little something extra with a wedding shower gift I gave one "dream" pillow with just lavender and one "sachet" pillow that was just geranium and she just loved it. It's a perfect gift, no one can resist lavender. I try to use femine fabric to make the pillows like silk on one side and foral print on the other. The next ones that I'm going to make will have hops in them, because supposed to help you fall asleep. These you will be able to find at MJ's farm fest. next year 'cause I'll selling them there. Anyway my "moom tea" which drink almost everyday and it's not just for women will sooth a belly ache, and anyone feel all around good, it also good for a cold red clover cleans the liver and nettles are FULL of minerals,(more then you would believe) I have to figure out the ratio, I'd say (this makes a lot so reduce it to what you need)
2 cups Nettles
2 cups Red Rasperry leaves
1 cup Red Clover flower buds
1 cup Oat Straw
1 cup linden flowers(this is not part of the orginal mix I just added it this weekend, it's supposed to help gas, which I've been having a little spell with lately)
I'll post the pregnancy recipe tomorrow 'cause it time to go home yay!!!!

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  4:57:03 PM  Show Profile
Sqrl ~ I'm interested in your goddesses. Would you be interested in trading or selling them? I've always admired them in the Somerset magazines but I have no talent with clay.

Thanks,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  5:00:03 PM  Show Profile
Ladybugsmom6, I know what you mean about the crayons. All I need is to whiff some and I'm back in kindergarten. My Mom used to love to color with me when I was little (I was once little?) and I used to use my daughter Christina's coloring sessions as an excuse for me to play, too. I still love to color. Good memories. Thanks,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  5:01:29 PM  Show Profile
Sqrl, where do you get your tea supplies? Thanks, P

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  09:10:45 AM  Show Profile
Hey sorry I haven't check in here in a while. I make all kind of goddesses eventually I'll have pictures of them. I haven't made any for about a year until just recnetly when I started sneeking in on my husbands class at HSU. It's for college students only but I sneek in on Friday night and do as much as possible in those few hours. When I lived in LA I was in a studio Mon.- Thurs. I loved it. Anyway I would certainly trade. I love to give them to people who understand them. I hope to sell them one day on etsy -- www.etsy.com This is a place you all should know about. Check it out it's Ebay for crafters and you can shop by color. ANyway I buy most of me herbs locally at a shop in town called Moom Rise Herbs but for everything else like my oils for making creams and well, them have everything, it's all natural and a lot of unprocessed and organic stuff. I love this place, check it out -- www.mountainroseherbs.com for the kind of stuff they sell their prices are good, it's all high quality stuff.

Blessed Be

Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  8:54:19 PM  Show Profile
Sqrl, I wanted to try your tea recipe that you posted, but how much do you need to brew a cuppa? And do you call it "Moon tea" or "Moom tea"? Cat
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  11:20:12 AM  Show Profile
It's Moon tea - Luna tea
this tea a better not using tea ball, you get better flavor. I'd say about 2-3 pinches, may be thats 3 tablespoons. I'll have to go home tohight and measure how much I use. I'll get back ya.

Blessed Be

Go to Top of Page

ladybugsmom6
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Tami
Horicon WI
USA
128 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  07:59:44 AM  Show Profile  Click to see ladybugsmom6's MSN Messenger address
I was just in my cupboard, and found a gift given to me years ago that a friend made with her daughters. she took an empty small coffee can, i am going to use large fruit cans, painted them a solid color. i think i will sand the surface to help the spray paint stick. then she glued fabric around the can, used wire to make a handle decorated it with raffia and buttons, and filled it with tea bags! i am making a bunch for christmas pressies, i am thinking chocolate, tea, soaps...so many little ideas!

-Tami
livin' right and loven' life!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  10:47:36 AM  Show Profile
Cute idea Tami, I may have to copy it! LOL

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  04:27:37 AM  Show Profile
i have always had a "prize drawer" in every home i've lived it .. it is filled with little wrapped 'trinkets' for when children come to visit .. and the first place they always run for is the 'prize drawer'

.. and i keep a 'prize drawer' filled with books and other little treasures for 'big kids' too! whenever i have guests or go to lunch with someone .. i make sure to pesent a small token gift to them .. a lovely poem, a small book that would be of interest to them, some flowers from my garden ..

all of these things can be found inexpensively if we just watch closely for sales whenever we go shopping .. from thrift stores .. yard sales or packed away in our attics, closets and basements ..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic little gifts Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page