Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Fabric Postcards -- My Kind of Mail Art
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fabric Postcards -- My Kind of Mail Art Next Topic  

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  12:01:31 AM  Show Profile
I was looking through a quilt magazine at the library the other day and ran across an article about fabric postcards. I have seen them before but have noticed more info on them lately.

What a cool way to express yourself! I get totally stumped when I have to think about doing mail art with paper. But I sure could get into fabric postcards! And it would be another excuse to buy more fabric.

Here's a link for instructions. You can also do a Google search and come up with some cool images of some other people have done.

http://debrichardson.blogspot.com/2005/09/how-to-make-fabric-postcard-debr-style.html

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  05:05:54 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for this, Kay! Wonderful amalgamation of color, fabric, movement, expression. I'll be trying one myself (putting it on the looong list of projects). Would be perfect project for a snowy afternoon.
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  06:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
I love this idea! I'm still a bit confused about mail art - would this not qualify?

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  07:53:18 AM  Show Profile
Wow..this is really neat..maybe later this winter when I have more time I will have to make some..pretty cool.

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  08:02:39 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone looked through this woman's blogs??
They are incredible! The fabric postcard is just one of them.
It really looks neat and I would love to receive one of those as mail art.... AND to figure out how to make my blog so full of cool stuff!

www.feedsackfarmgirls.blogspot.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  08:23:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
She seems a pretty talented individual...wish I were so focused on one thing!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  1:55:20 PM  Show Profile
That is my problem too...I go from one thing to another..or 4 or 5 at once and can't stay focused on one thing for long without picking up something else. I have had friends who quilt..period, or garden...period, or knit....period. I want to do everything at one time or another..

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  2:53:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kay for the site! This woman is so talented and creative! I love those cards! I am sewing challenged but I think I could do this!Wouldn't a holiday theme be cool?I agree BEB, this Deb's blog ROCKS! I looked at her dream clogs...248.00 Yowza! But hey are all sold out cept for size 101/2!!!! Cute...but not that cute!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.

Edited by - MeadowLark on Nov 03 2005 3:04:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  6:52:36 PM  Show Profile
I wear a 10 1/2 -- think I'll order a couple of pairs. Yeah right!

Aunt Jenny -- I'm like you with respect to wanting to do everything. I'm really having a hard time staying focused. I'm got sewing to do for two bazaars that are coming up in the next 30 days and I haven't even started yet! I've been wanting to make candles, make lotion bars, salt scrubs, etc. I spent yesterday experimenting with lotion bar recipes. Today I sat and read books about candlemaking. I think I'm doing everything I can to avoid the sewing room.

But now I've found these fabric postcards and I want to do that too!

The only time that housework comes before sewing is in the dictionary!
http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  8:34:32 PM  Show Profile
Somebody once said, "If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done." lol

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  9:14:13 PM  Show Profile
That should be my motto!!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  9:38:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
I always do my best sewing work under pressure. Or is that I do ALL my sewing under pressure? H m m m m Is that a light bulb moment, or merely a play on words...
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fabric Postcards -- My Kind of Mail Art Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page