Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  11:18:44 AM  Show Profile
Got out all my Tasha books, thought I would look through them for a little inspiration, you know planting ideas, or something new to look for at the thrift. Such pretty books, I posted a picture.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  8:33:06 PM  Show Profile
What ones did you get Nancy, I just bought the Gardening one I think and I have to relook through it again. She always looks so serious in her pictures - I love her little corgis though - she really lives a unique life. Gotta love her for all she does at her age, I can only hope to be that active and spry. LOL

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
Farmgirl Sister #59
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  04:40:33 AM  Show Profile
Kathy,
There is a picture on my site of all the books I have of hers. I like to read about her early life. She was brought up by eccentric but wealthy relatives. Married and I believe had four children. Not sure where I read about her life. Anyway the books are pretty to look at, and she is one of a kind.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Moonsanity
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Brenda
Michigan
USA
107 Posts

Posted - May 21 2008 :  09:31:59 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE Tasha Tudor! I can only hope that I can be writing and gardening at her age. She's so amazing!

~Brenda
Farmgirl #207
Journey of Grace and Whimsy
http://grace-whimsy.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - May 21 2008 :  09:38:41 AM  Show Profile
I so love Tasha, she is such an inspiration. I love the way she lives and all of the lovely things that she makes. I hope to be as talented one day.

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  5:17:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh I love Tasha too! I also have a few of her books and I LOVE them. I read about her life too, but, like Nancy, I can't remember what book it was. Very interesting. You've got to give her credit though, she's pretty spry for her age! Makes me tired just LOOKING at the things she does all day! (LOL) ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  10:20:01 AM  Show Profile
Got my "Tasha Tudor's Heirloom Crafts" book yesterday. I was little disappointed when I started reading it though. I thought it was going to show how to make the actual crafts, but it doesn't. It does give you IDEA'S of how the crafts are made, but there are no measurements, no directions, no SPECIFICS. Bummer. It's just like her other books, where the author TELLS you about the things, but doesn't SHOW you. It's a nice book though, has very nice pictures. But I'm still disappointed. Anyone else have this book? What did YOU think about it?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic MY TASHA TUDOR BOOKS Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page