Lea Vollmer
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Lea
Evansville IN
USA
25 Posts

Posted - May 04 2008 :  11:20:52 PM  Show Profile
I've been told recently that I have gall bladder "sludge" - anyone have this problem? Know of any cures/cleanses so I can avoid surgery? I tried joking with the doctor asking him if STP made a gall bladder sludge remover - he gave me a "look". So much for trying to joke a little!

Lea - Farm Girl at Heart in Indiana
My blog: www.kneedeepinfibers.blog-city.com
The cat's blog: www.justopenthecan.blogspot.com
Ravelry ID: LeaMV

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  2:49:34 PM  Show Profile
Milk thistle

Trish
Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
FREE TIBET!
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  3:48:56 PM  Show Profile
When I thought I was having gall bladder symptoms i looked on the computer and they
suggested eating lots and lots of beets (cooked and uncooked) and lots and lots of
cucumbers. I'll type out the Beet Recipe treatment they suggested " for Gallbladder Pain
(ingredients, a large beet, the juice of 1/2 lemon and 2 T flax oil) - don't cook the beet,
cut it up add the lemon juice and flax oil, put it all in a blender and blend it up. Take one teaspoon of mixture every hour throughout the day. On day two and three make a fresh
batch using 1/4 of a large beet. Take one tsp of mixture 3-4 times a day or more.
Make this mixture to add to your salads frequently or eat alone as above 2 or 3 times a
week. That will keep the bile thin and moving. If you cannot get organic beets, be sure to
peel them. Otherwise, use the peel as well. Beets in any form are an excellent food for both
the liver and the gallbladder. Eat your regualr meals throught this period, striving to eat
lots of fresh vegetables, good fats and to avoid refined sugars and processed foods."

I am not a doctor or anything of the sort - just passing on info I tried and it sure made me
feel a whole lot better. I also did not go to a doctor but based on symptoms compared with
what the website said, it sounded like gallbladder symptoms to me and I did find relief with
eating the beets and cucumbers - just as much as I could daily. In any case, it would not
hurt to try it....nothing bad for you in it. Hope it works itself out.

Edited by - OregonGal on May 06 2008 3:50:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  03:54:00 AM  Show Profile
Lea,

I'd avoid large meals and any meals that are heavy in carbs or fat. I know you want to avoid surgery but I have to say, as someone who has been there, when you actually have a full blown gall bladder attack, you'll want the darn thing out yesterday!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  04:39:42 AM  Show Profile
I had the surgery after ten years of avoiding it and enduring pain. I am so glad it is out of my body - I feel so much better now!!!! I tried everything and eventually almost stopped eating to avoid discomfort. Not much works. PLease take care - you do not want an emergency situation.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  3:33:42 PM  Show Profile
I had to have mine removed, also. I couldn't eat anything but fruits and veggies. That does not include avacados, nuts, legumes, seeds or anything with ANY trace of fat or oil. It was just awful and extrememly painful. When I jaundiced, it turned out that gall stones were blocking the tube from my liver and that was the end of it. The Dr. took it out.

In a way, I'm glad it's gone, but in another way, I still have to watch what I eat. If it's really high in fat (the yummiest stuff always is), it sends me running for the rest room 20 minutes later.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Gall Bladder problems Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page