Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 New Much Better Prep for Colonoscopy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic New Much Better Prep for Colonoscopy Next Topic  

dg7954
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Diane
Doylestown pa
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2005 :  9:42:33 PM  Show Profile
I just read Robin's post on the colonoscopy procedure she had. I was glad to read that she got good results and I hope that she continues to get good news. I wanted to pass on some news I just got from my alternative medical doctor about the colonoscopy preparation. There is now a choice of taking two tablespoons of magnesium sulfate two times during the day, and taking one set of pills. That is all. The magnesium sulfate can be purchased at the health food store or even the grocery store, I am told. This procedure is a new alternative to the chugging of large containers of liquid. Some doctors may not know about it as of yet. That's okay. You can tell your doctor about it and he can find out pretty easily, I am told. He needs to give you a prescription for the pills. I am told this new procedure does an excellent job to prepare you for the exam. It has pursuaded me to finally give in and schedule an appointment. I have an checkup in November, and I am going to ask about it.

FlipFlopFarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Carla
Molalla Oregon
198 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  07:34:04 AM  Show Profile
At what age are you supposed to have a colonoscopy, provided there is no negative family history?

Sounds much better than what I've heard others go through.

Carla

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2005 :  06:26:41 AM  Show Profile
Carla, you're supposed to have your first at age fifty, barring any family history. Then, generally if there are only a couple of polyps here and there, you get your next one in five years.

I'm supposed to have one this year; I'll be asking about the magnesium sulfate!
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic New Much Better Prep for Colonoscopy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page