Page: of 7

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 04 2008 :  11:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Hey ladies hows it going? I'm finishing up yard and porch work and cleaning and classes and teaching and WHEW! I am gonna be more active SOON! xoox HANG IN THERE...hydrate and MOVE :-D

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://ligonierfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  09:26:19 AM  Show Profile
Well, last night's dinner was SUPER good for me, after all day working out in the yard (I'm feeling it today, but worth it)...we had grilled tilapia with a moroccan herb sauce (courtesy of all my new fresh herbs growing!), over lemon-basil-spinach risotto. YUM. Hopped on the scale this am and it looks like I'm at 138 (still), but I feel more energized, for sure.

This am: brown cow lowfat lemon yogurt

Lunch: Dr. McDougall's vegan curry cup, 1 red banana

Dinner: Homemade margharita pizza

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  10:50:26 AM  Show Profile
Bridget - I think you may be right about keeping a piece of candy or gum in my mouth to curb munching. This weekend was HORRIBLE in regards to eating. I was hurting so much from the fibromyalgia that i litterally just put food in my mouth to take focus off the pain. So this morning i did the following. - Drank a LARGE glass of water. Drank a soy protein drink. I then cut up slices of apples and orange wedges and packed them for snacking on. I brought another soy protein drink for lunch ( finished a little while ago) and a couple of pieces of organic turkey. Also have a few almonds and raisens for later. It really seems to be helping me. My goal is to keep this evening from going to pieces...

Tamara
http://smallfarm.about.com small farms give big benefits
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  09:01:12 AM  Show Profile
Tamara, I can't chew gum because it makes the saliva build in your mouth which sends the signal to your tummy that you're hungry, but a piece of candy might work. My issue is mindless eating...I get bored, and I head out to the kitchen for some cheese or something like that.

Today, I'm eating EARLY because I'm starved--I dropped my yogurt getting out of the car this am and it splattered ALL over the parking lot, so I'm hungry earlier. Lunch is/was an Ethnic Gourmet frozen Chicken Tandoori with spinach that was VERY tasty, very good for me (170 cals., 4.5 grams of fat, 3 grams of fiber and 14 grams of protein), And very gone :) I'm on my own for dinner tonight, so we shall see....

I'm going to go on a walk to the bank, but not very quickly because I'm in 5 inch heels.

Have a good day everyone!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  09:16:30 AM  Show Profile
Tamara- Almonds are a great mid-afternoon snack! I eat a small handful (about 25 almonds) around three o'clock and it holds me over until dinner. Plus you get the added benefit of good fats and protiens. This is very tricky business, trying to break the cycle of bad habits formed over the years. I am discovering so much about myself and how bad I really am about just popping things into my mouth for no reason at all. I now wait until I feel hungry (but not too) before I eat and do my best to load up on fruits and veg. It seems to keep snacking to a minimum.
I'm off to cut holes in buckets to hang my tomato plants. Mmmmm. Tomato sandwiches are in my future. :)

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  11:02:12 PM  Show Profile
went to dr. yesterday and he said for me to do a 1200 calorie diet and to make sure I get 30 minutes a day of walking ..or excercise like walking.
so I have started my 1200 calorie days now
This evening I did the 2 mile walk away the pounds leslie sansone dvd.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  08:03:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh ladies! I am so looking forward to getting back into my morning run. My downstairs neighbor left and a bunch of stuff on the curb- one thing was a bathroom scale. So I salvaged it and yikes!!! I am up to 170! NOT GOOD! Thats 40lbs to loose! I need to lose the equivalent of a 1st grader... and of course...all I want to eat is sugar, fat and carbs...in the form of cookies! Ack!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  08:07:48 AM  Show Profile
I had a good morning weigh in--136 today. But, I threw up all night because of a migraine...so maybe that helped :(

Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  7:11:03 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Good job chickies!!!

Jonni we're at the same weight, I'm short though hehe. Sorry about your migraine! Those are bad I know!

I'm down ill with an infection so I'm not exercising at all, trying to get strength back. Keep it up. I am hydrating very very well! xoxo

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  7:32:37 PM  Show Profile
That's great, Bridget, though not that you feel ill as well. Today I was so busy I didn't eat. Now I'm beyond hungry--meaning not at all hungry, and that's a feeling I'm not familiar with :)

Hope you feel better!!!

Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  8:01:07 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I pigged out on burger and fries.........eh comfort food. Been hydrating though. heh Ok CHECK IN CHICKIES

Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  08:37:46 AM  Show Profile
I have lost 3 lbs this past week! YEA!! I am doing a few things that really helped me.

I realized I do need to munch or drink something on a regular basis and because of my long work hours and drive time ( 4hour round trip commute) I needed to really think about what I was doing ahead of time. So here is my health plan from last week ( notice I DID NOT SAY DIET PLAN )

1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
2. Sip on fruit tea that is made of peppermint, hibiscus, chammomile, and orange. This really satisfies my tastebuds and is
healthy.
3. Breakfast- is either instant organic oatmeal or soy protein drink
4. Snack -boiled organic egg (protein)
5. Lunch- either a sandwich with whole grain or cup of soup and veggies or salad with grain and protein
6. Snack -another packet of organic oatmeal or fruit or lean protein and veggies or almonds and raisens. This keeps hunger pains and munchies from attacking on the way home
7. Dinner is small portions of what everyone else eats.

So I am happy and feel better. I noticed the blood sugar is staying steady too!

Tamara
http://smallfarm.about.com small farms give big benefits
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  09:59:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay- Monday Morning Weigh In-

170lbs :( At least it didn't go up!

My heathly plan:

Going for my morning job/run before breakfast.
Drink 10-12 cups of water a day
Eat ever 2 hours- the size of my fist (A Body For Life modified plan- has worked great in the past! Here's hoping!)
Get tires on baby cart fixed so I can take Nora for bike rides.
Exercise using my Shimmy program and Namaste Yoga program for 20 minutes before lunch and also before dinner (modified You Are What you Eat plan)

I am SOOO ready to shed these pounds!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  05:01:59 AM  Show Profile
Hey gals
I just "found" this great forum. I read all of your posts and would love to join you in your goal to eat healthy and to eat better. Would you mind if this Prince Edward Island girl joined? LOL!!:)

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  05:15:30 AM  Show Profile
Tamara!! You go girl! 3 pounds is perfect for a week's weight loss. I'm still stable, but that is ok. At least I am not ballooning. :)
Jump on in Melanie!! This is a great group. You will find lots of encouragement and support here.
Hang in there, ladies!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister

www.madrekarin.etsy.com

Edited by - Mumof3 on May 13 2008 05:16:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  05:35:30 AM  Show Profile
thanks Karin!!
I am sitting here this morning telling myself to get out and walk and am coming up woth every excuse in the book. I have often thought of "rewaring" myself after I walk. With things such as the computer.....if I walk for an hour, I can have the computer for an hour......now if only I could make myself listen to myself LOL!!

Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  07:11:48 AM  Show Profile
hello! my daughter and i are doing jenny craig. we did it before and lost some weight and we decided to do it again to help "jump start" this time getting the weight off. the thing they emphasize the most is to pick a small plate/bowl and use that to gage your portions. (of course they sell you the food in their small plate!) we are going to try this diet for a short while again to get ourselves to adjust to eating less frequently and smaller portions and then we'll try and come up with our own menus because i still think doing it ourselves with fresh, organic food is much better. but anyway, give the small plate thing a try??!
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  07:24:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sue! I like the small plate idea. Makes you think you are eating more. I just finished my first go at Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds 1-mile walk. Wow! I feel great! Yay.
Melanie- I have a tendency to do the same thing, only I would reward myself before I did the exercise. ha ha You might like the Leslie Sansone dvd. I wonder if you can get it there? Do you have WalMart there? (I hate to ask that question.) They might carry it or something similar.
Off to the shower.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister

www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  10:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I did my 2.5 mile walk/jog this morning. Each day I can jog a little bit more so that is great! I do have horrible shin splints and I can feel the pressure on my knees, so I don't want to over do it and hurt myself. I can't wait until the pounds really start coming off. I know I will feel it even more as I jog. I imagine if I was only 20lbs lighter I could probably run much further, let alone the 40-50 I want to lose.

I wasn't sure if I was going to get my run in today, Nora woke up at 4:30am and was pounding on her bedroom door. Luckily she did go back to sleep :D

I did check the time before I left and after, and my exercise is only taking me 30 minutes- so tomorrow I am going to increase the distance I go as I really feel I need the full hour in the morning. I also am not feeling exhausted when I get back, just pleasantly refreshed. Today was only the second day back to exercising after Nora's sickness a few weeks ago. It feels great to be moving around again. I really give me a lot of motivation to get other things done as well!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  4:09:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Karin...yes, we have a Walmart here and they have the neatest stuff!!
oh, and I didn't go for a walk today:(
There is always tomorrow ......

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  6:29:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I missed my exercise this morning because it was cold and rainy out. I really want to go tomorrow. If Doug was home right now I would go! I really love how it makes me feel. I have decided that I am going to go further since I have gotten my work out down to half and hour (averaging a speed of 5 miles per hour) I know that doesn't sound to very fast, but walking 5 miles would be so amazing! Each day I can jog a bit further too so as my health improves I will be able to go further and further. I would love to get to the point where I can do 5 miles consistently.

I did pretty good on food, and still need to drink a lot of water. I might fall short today. I just realized sitting here typing this that I have a headache and my throat is burning. It's amazing how we just push little discomforts aside till the point where we forget them, and by doing so forget to feed and nourish our body the proper way.

Well I am off to drink some nice refreshing cold cold cold water!

Here's a question for everyone- Do you tend to sip slowly through out the day or are you a gulper? I gulp my water down. I often drink about 12 ounces at a time. Anyone know if one way or the other is better for you?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2873 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2873 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  7:30:11 PM  Show Profile
Major gulper!! I try to get as many ounces in at once as I can
Go to Top of Page

nouveau_farmchick
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Paris
Sequim Wa
USA
173 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  8:04:57 PM  Show Profile
I have lost 14 lbs. since December. This is my "secret diet": I have a commercial salad greens business and from Feb- Nov. I'm spending most of my days bending over (in half.) Now, I can tell you that's NO FUN on a full stomach! Sounds funny doesn't it. The other part of my secret is MaryJane's convenience foods. Since, my business keeps me going constantly during those months, I'm not so good at meal preparation. Also, since MaryJane's food is healthy and not overly filling, I can go out and work (my bending in half) in comfort.

Farmgirl
sisterhood #167
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  8:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lisa-
I am so glad I am not the only gulper!

Pennie-
That's great! I love the MJF food. It has whole grains and fiber in it that is lacking in so many convenience foods. I never feel hungry when I have had a serving of her foods.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  05:53:57 AM  Show Profile
i don't like to drink anything....water, soda, juice...(i don't even drink that much wine!)...anything! never have...so, i have to force myself to "sip" throughout the day. i bought one of those containers that has a straw through the lid; i fill it with ice and water and a slice of cucumber (yes, cucumber!) and sip throughout the day. i keep it in the refrig so that it stays cold. every once in a while i'll drink a bunch, so i must be real de-hydrated then!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Weight Buddies HERE! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page