Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 SIGNUP IS FULL! Dolly clothes swap! start sewing!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic SIGNUP IS FULL! Dolly clothes swap! start sewing! Next Topic
Page: of 7

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  4:42:03 PM  Show Profile
yes i will!

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  05:34:42 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hey Robin, I sent you personal email. But I wanted to say something here too.
Do ya have the new baby yet??? It is such a wonderful miracle that we'd all want to hear about it.
Let us know!!

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  08:23:21 AM  Show Profile
I was wondering that too last night as I was sitting at my machine cutting out very small print fabrics.

Go to Top of Page

tziporra
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Robin
Seattle WA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2008 :  5:47:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!!!

Baby Boy was born Friday night at 11, at home.

Due to some concerns we had to transfer him to the hospital -- I'm going to post the whole story under a home birth thread I started awhile back if you want to read it. So I'm VERY glad to have finished my dresses and not be worried about them as I sit here in the special needs nursery!

Best regards,

Robin
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2008 :  8:58:02 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Robin..i did not realize you were considering homebirth. All my 7 were born at home. My twins had the same as your son...I know this sounds odd, but a finger full of sugar stopped it within 24 hours. We have to be very careful in Indiana, it is illegal, and they arent afraid to prosecute everyone. I am glad you are in good spirits and all is well..hope you get to bring your baby home soon.

Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  10:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Congrads Robin!!!!! I just wanted to check in and regretfully say I have to back out. Due to some very serious health issues I'm having to deal with I will not be able to complete my dresses @ this time. I'm bummed as I have them designed (I made custom patterns silly me)several of them cut and just need to sew them. But I am on bed rest and can not use my sewing machine. No sitting no standing. Just the furthest recline in my DH's chair or bed. That's it. Very frustrating. I cheated last week and my body is punishing me! I am so glad I have my lap top or I would be nuts. Can only watch so much TV. Up side I have lost 10+ pounds in the last two weeks. I am truly sorry I can not hold up my end. I do look forward to seeing pictures off all the dresses.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  10:53:28 AM  Show Profile
Betty Jo, so sorry to hear of your medical issues...hope it's resolved and you're back to yourself in a very short time.
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  11:58:34 AM  Show Profile
Betty Jo, you can still have one of my dresses. . .I'm almost done with the six of them, and I don't mind not getting one in return from you! Enjoy! Hope this is okay to do
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  05:55:07 AM  Show Profile
Linda, may I please have your address to send the dresses? Hopefully I'll finish them today or tonight. Also, do we send $$ for postage? How much? Thanks and have a great day. It's been hard to work on these dresses without my daughter seeing them, especially now that school is out, but I think she's still clueless. . .hopefully!
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  11:18:55 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Sheila that is so nice of you.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)

Edited by - bboopster on Jun 04 2008 11:19:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  7:58:45 PM  Show Profile
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm done with them! All I need is an address to send the dresses! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  12:55:05 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
My computer is working now. I can send address now.

Betty Jo...we understand your need to back out. Take care of yourself and hope you feel better soon!

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on Jun 05 2008 09:31:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  09:05:11 AM  Show Profile
I came across a stack of old dollmaking magazines yesterday for a quarter each. They're from the late 80's and some have clothing patterns too. What made me happy was the ad for two of my porcelain dolls in the bassinet photo. The sleeping ones, a black baby and a caucasion. They are 'sugarbritches' and the molds sold for $150, numbered finished ones were $295. I can't reach easily to check which they are, but now know the approx $20 I paid was a very good price. I'd love to sew them new clothes. Right now, all of them wear preemie size and have plenty, but it would be cool to make some myself.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  09:23:24 AM  Show Profile
you go ronna!

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  09:32:14 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Go Ronna! Sounds like you are having fun!

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  09:55:43 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the address Linda, I sent them out to you today!
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  09:57:09 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
cool! oh goody goody!

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  8:02:15 PM  Show Profile
Some time back, a gal posted on Craig's List to sell vintage dolls. I emailed about Toni dolls and she replied that she did have some. She had bought a huge doll collection from an older woman needing $$ and was trying to eBay/Craigs List them and make a profit. I looked at the Toni's and the price she was asking for one was way too high. I told her to check out what they were going for and if she could get that, go for it. She emailed me last night that she was having a huge sale at her house, including the dolls, but this is in Carson City, at least 50 miles for me. She emailed back that they would be at her shop (scandinavian gift shop) and I could come by if I wanted. Well, I did and her mother was there. Three P-91, the bigger size than my original, some original clothes and shoes and a metal trunk with a "wedding" dress and veil in it and more clothes. She finally asked if I could pay $150 for everything and she put it on my Visa, which will cost them a bit for processing, but as food so no tax. Yep, silly me now has 3 more of these girls I love. Will take some photos when I get my work stuff done and some sleep. I do think I have way more than my allotment of these dolls now...but who knows what will come my way in the future. I do have some other vintage dolls to go live elsewhere, that will help.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  8:09:28 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message

Dollies! Ronna sure loves her dollies.

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  8:32:39 PM  Show Profile
Yes, maam, I do. Never too late to have a happy childhood. Mine essentially ended when I was 8, so I'm making up for it. My other half buys $25k cars and dune buggies and an even more pricey Harley; I buy dolls and quilts and such.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  5:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
News report! Got Sheila's dresses in the mail. They are a nice small print in green with very special lacy pinafore. I really like the way the pinafore is tied in the back with grossgrain ribbon. Good work Sheila!

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  5:08:45 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Linda! I'd forgotten that I was going to send you a check for the postage!! Do you want a check or paypal?
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  5:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
A check would be fine. Anyone else need my address?

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2008 :  05:33:40 AM  Show Profile
So. . .is everyone done? Is there any chance that I may get them by next Thursday (the 19th) which is my daughter's bday? If not, could I maybe get a picture of all of them for her (and let her know they're coming)?
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  7:35:51 PM  Show Profile
ummm. . .hello?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic SIGNUP IS FULL! Dolly clothes swap! start sewing! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page