Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 SIGNUP IS FULL! Dolly clothes swap! start sewing!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic SIGNUP IS FULL! Dolly clothes swap! start sewing! Next Topic
Page: of 7

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  5:04:31 PM  Show Profile
Jess,
Haven't found the American Girl crafts/paper dolls/stuff yet, but did find a Pleasant & Co AG dress to send you, along with the cap. Says size 16, so it will have to be for 'dress up', but eventually it will either fit or be cut up for the really nice fabric. Got it on a after Halloween costume rack at a thrift shop for $1.50, probably cost about 30 times that. Looks like it was maybe worn once. I'm going to go ahead and send the doll and whatever else falls in the box tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  5:09:20 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Ronna...you are awesome. I will tell Carmen to be on the look out.

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  5:11:12 PM  Show Profile
my pleasure. I'll enjoy looking at the photos of all the dolly clothing you talented and crafty ladies make.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  5:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I got out my "American Girl" knockoff dolly. I paid 40 dollars for her a few years ago on ebay. All I could afford and she looks just as nice as the "authentic" expensive ones.
She doesn't look very big to me...I'm gonna measure to make sure she is 18 inch and I am glad that I won't have to use alot of fabric. I think I'll use lots of muslin, it's cotton and will look authentic. I have some dark blue and some maroon solids too. I'm holding my breath waiting for the new patterns, but it's taking too long. I've got to get out a pattern I have and get something started. Muslin bloomers and/or pinafore/apron goes with anything. I have no excuse. How is everyone else doing? Inspire me!

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2008 :  07:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
How is everyone else doing? Got anything done?
I made 4 bloomers today. Two are muslin with white lace..they will go with any outfit. Then I made a couple made from re-purposed pillow fabric. Looks like striped ticking..is that the word? One is blue and one is red. I think they look cute. Now I am getting started I may sew all day!

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  05:03:36 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I sewed dolly clothes for 4 hours yesterday. Bloomers were quick but dress took me forever...it was cut out too large and I had to keep making it smaller. Finally got it done.
I made skirts, blouses and I think some skirts will be used for slips. It sure is fun. Mine are mostly black and/or muslin white. It's time to get some print of some sort or at least another solid.

Anyone out there got something done? Tell us about it!

I'll get my camera out.

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  10:56:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Linda, I'm kind of doing my outfits assembly line style, so I'm working on all 6 dress bodices/sleeves right now, when those are done I'll do the pinafore and bloomers. Mine is a green fabric with a print of tiny daisies and white for pinafore and bloomers. Hopefully will turn out cute!
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  11:27:01 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Sheila, they sound really cute! I got some print fabric today, pale blue and a tan with tiny brown flowers. Joanns had it on clearance $2 a yard so I was happy. :-)
I am getting too much done with the simple pattern that I am altering. The new patterns I ordered aren't here yet. I am having fun--that's what it's all about.
Anyone have little girls that the dolly clothes are for? Are you letting the girls watch or are you going to surprise them?

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  11:30:58 AM  Show Profile
they're going to be a SURPRISE for my daughter, which is a trick, since she's 7 and curious about everything. . .what's this fabric for, mommy? etc etc. We're getting her an American Girl doll for her bday which is near the end of June, so these will go with it.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  3:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I am sure she will love them!

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  6:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
here is pic of a couple patterns I am waiting for in the mail.
I'm going to add to the things I have already made. These are sure nice dresses, aren't they?

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  7:59:48 PM  Show Profile
Betty Jo and Jessica.
Your boxes were sent out today, finally!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  8:39:13 PM  Show Profile
yeeee haaaww! Thanks Ronna!

one of my friends emailed me today and said she had been at her moms house and collected a bunch of doll clothes patterns and kids costume patterns and would I be interested in them...of course..so she is dropping them off his weekend! How timely!

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  04:21:39 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Cool Jess, and I was going to offer to send you one of mine.
Maybe you'll have one for accessories.
(I'd like to plan the next swap for American Girl accessories, like hats, shoes, blankets, purses, etc.)

I don't need 3 patterns so I'd like to offer to mail one to someone who does.
Any takers? It would be Prairie, old fashioned type that we are working on.

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on May 02 2008 04:23:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

tziporra
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Robin
Seattle WA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  09:54:06 AM  Show Profile
I got three outfits (dress and pinafore or apron) cut out from the same pattern -- I feel badly that they look mostly similar except for fabric and trim, but I guess that's the point of doing a swap with 5 other ladies, right? We'll get one from everyone, so our dollies will have different styles?

Let me know that it's okay please ;)

Anyway, I'm due to have a baby in two weeks, so my goal is to get all six dresses done before then.

Best,

Robin
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  11:26:21 AM  Show Profile
sew robin sew!

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  12:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
yep, I think that's the point. Not all of them will have a pinafore and I am seeing that there are different types of pinafores.
Some of mine are really different, so I think we will all like them!
I am having so much fun. Finally got a pattern in the mail today. !!

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  12:39:52 PM  Show Profile
oh wait, I thought we were to do 6 identical outfits to swap. . .so that's what I've begun. No? Supposed to do 6 different? Are we swapping? Or did I misunderstand? Sorry and thanks in advance for explaining.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  12:47:25 PM  Show Profile
Mine are all pretty much identical. I think that is sort of the idea, right?

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  1:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Identical is fine, or different is fine. Yes, we are swapping out so everyone gets one of each other's and also one of yours back.

I get bored easy so I'm just making mine different for the fun of it, but that's just me. :-)

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  07:01:13 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Anyone need a pattern? I have extra...a very nice pattern also includes quilt and pillow and purse. Let me know and I'll send it to ya!
Where is everyone?

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on May 07 2008 07:02:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  07:27:52 AM  Show Profile
Hey Linda I will take your pattern, just let me know how much when you send it and I will reimburse you for the whole thing and postage. I have been out getting my gardens in...gotta finish this weekend and next.

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  10:51:29 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
hi Jess,
I was thinking you might like it. It's the pattern on the Right side in the pic up top of this page. I wanted a bonnet pattern so that's what I bid on and got both. I only paid about $7 for both... :-)
so I don't want anything from you...I just want ya to enjoy it.
Includes the little wall-hanging in it, purse, quilt and pillow plus the dresses.
To make me quicker, send me your address again. :-)

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  11:45:32 AM  Show Profile
ok i sent it. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  7:07:18 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
your welcome Jess
I want to show you guys the doll I just won on ebay. Now I'll have 2 dollies to model the new dresses. OK I can stop buying new dolls now, the rest of the clothes will be strung on a small clothesline for decoration. Good for bedroom decoration, don't ya think? (I don't have a man in my bedroom, so it can be girly...)

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic SIGNUP IS FULL! Dolly clothes swap! start sewing! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page