mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  5:31:24 PM  Show Profile
I just got my copy today at Barnes and Noble and I literally cannot put it down. This one is different. A little more antiquey looking? It is just a beautiful-informative and fun magazine! Thank you for putting so much hard work and thought into this issue. And to think another one hits the newsstands in July! Thank you! Susan
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  06:30:58 AM  Show Profile
Still checking my mailbox every day.........but stopped by Borders and found copies. I got two! Had to take a sneak peek in the store, but I look forward to reading it. Check out the very last page! :) I dearly love seeing my name in MJF magazines, and I also love seeing the names of so many familiar folks!

Karin - you look so pretty in the magazine! But you look pretty in person, too.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Apr 28 2008 12:33:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2008 :  08:32:01 AM  Show Profile
It is so fabulous to have so many of your names and faces and words and art in the magazine!! Here's a post Mom made for those of you in waiting:

It's time for the farmgirl subscription posse to saddle up!

If you've sent in a card or called or sent an email and you still don't have a copy of the magazine (or worse yet, paid the bill!), we want to double-check the mail list for your name. Please email Belvoir your name and address and they'll get back to you promptly:
customer_service@belvoir.com

Go ahead and copy us on your email:
iris@maryjanesfarm.org

The only way for us to check at this point is to get the name and address you used when you signed up!

As soon as we know any specifics, we will post!!!

If you want to simply subscribe, the number is 800.476.4611. ALL orders received prior to June 26 will receive this issue. This current issue is the summer issue. I am in waiting too. But I did call to make sure my check had been received. I just can't wait to find it my mail box!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2008 :  7:44:02 PM  Show Profile
I just picked up a copy at the grocery store today.
I love it!
Now I have to spend a tiny bit of my 'economic stimulus' money on a subscription!!!
Faith

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Feythe
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Jana
Decatur GA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  5:55:13 PM  Show Profile
My issue came last week and I saved it for evening then sat up extra late reading! I finished it over the next two 'bedtime' reads, stretching it out, savoring. It feels so good in the hand (the paper finish). I hadn't thought about the possibility that the magazine would now have ads, but they are so in keeping with the spirit of it all, that they blend right in.

Karin, it was wonderful to get to see you and see your grand-prize pinkeeper! Lovely photograph of you.

The story that touched me the most was about the little boy, Ray, who loved to dance. Talk about showing up and letting spirit shine through!

Every spread of pages is a delicious feast for eye and heart, filled with loving details - little borders that look like embroidery, vintage larks flying skyward, lovely assortments of fonts like juicy lifesavers, wallpaper backgrounds, easy-on-the-eye white space, beautiful photographs, drop shadows, botanical drawings, captivating layouts that draw you in like a good storyteller. There are no wasted words. The stories uplift and inspire as does all the artwork. It is a jewel. Only one other magazine have I ever read, word by word, front to back, every issue (and it's no longer in publication).

If I had to sum up why I love this magazine, it's because when I read it - recipes, stories, sewing projects - it fills me with hope and hope is a great gift.

All is Well.
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  04:16:50 AM  Show Profile
I got mine yesterday at B & N. Now to get some time to sit and read it!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  11:11:34 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, me too! I decided I needed a mother's day treat. It is that and more. I had been checking them out from the library, but I just had to have my own with no due date. :) It really is a great feeling to sit and relax and see everyone smiling and inspiring and encouraging.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  3:12:41 PM  Show Profile
I finished the magazine yesterday:( Now I have to wait two months to have another new one. It was so wonderful to read,and the pictures are gorgeous. Makes me feel like I am sitting with old friends.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Reading Room: Previous Topic Igot my Mary Jane Farm Mag today Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page