Feythe
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Jana
Decatur GA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  5:11:08 PM  Show Profile
My used copy of Another Path came last week and I finished it in a few days. I had no idea when I ordered it that it was about Gladys' processing of her grief from the unexpected death of her friend and companion of many decades. They raised their children together and bought Still Meadow together. I suppose it was sort of a backend-first introduction to Ms. Taber's work, but it was sweet nonetheless. I look forward to reading some of her other books. My library has four. If anyone would like to read Another Path, I'll be glad to pass it along.

All is Well.

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  7:10:43 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ms. Taber is my ALL TIME FAVORITE author, ever. Period. I highly encourage to read more of her books in your library or even university library. I really have a hard time picking just one as a favorite and I have re-read them so many times, I can recite some of the chapter but I do love her. Even my Jeep is named Gladys after her- comforting, fun, takes time to enjoy life and a little whacky at times.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Another Path by Gladys Taber Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page