Page: of 2

jenbove

320 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  4:26:32 PM  Show Profile
April 15 is Husband Appreciation Day, so tell us what is wonderful about your hubby - and then tell him too!!

Jen

GOT A "WILD HAIR"?
COME VISIT MARYJANE'S OUTPOST!

www.maryjanesoutpost.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member # 9

My Blog: The View From My Boots
www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  5:25:47 PM  Show Profile
Just putting up with me makes my guy pretty special. I am known for being mighty bossy. Not that he dosn't boss back..but he generally ends up letting me have my way...and I am thankful for that. Steve is a very hard worker and truly wants the kids and I to be happy..whatever that takes.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  8:18:37 PM  Show Profile
jenny .. your honey sounds grande!! you got a keeper!

i sure do too! hank has always loved his family (me, the kids and grands) with all his heart! he is my rock and my anchor .. and he is so much FUN to be with .. always making me laugh! he's SEXY .. adventurous .. and loves life!

well, i could just go on and on and on!! xo

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  8:33:26 PM  Show Profile
Is it some wierd coincidence that it is also tax day? Hmmmm....

"There is a Happy Dale far, far away. . ." -Arsenic and Old Lace
Go to Top of Page

the bees knees
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Joyce
Monroe LA
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  9:11:49 PM  Show Profile
they all sound great...my husband is wonderful, also...he is funny, wonderfully loving, great with the kids and willing to do whatever to make us happy and always there to help me with any of my new hairbrain ideas...hahaha

Farmgirl Sister #82-Joyce of 'The Shabby Girls'
www.thepurleebee.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  05:24:14 AM  Show Profile
I thought I had caught the only man who would do anything I asked him to do. I am glad to know that there are other women out there who have a good husband also. I am sure Danny could tell you different such as I am also bossy and "Tell him" to do things for me. Either way he still does them!

He builds me anything that I want to have built and does it to perfection. I asked for a milking stanchion for my dairy goat and you should see this throne built out of treated lumber and it is chair height (No miking stool for me) and it is so fancy. All I did was show him the measurements in a goat book, went to work and came home to this "Queens throne". It is great.

He has now let me quit my job and take the summer off. He says if we cannot make ends meet in the fall I will have to go back to work. Have you girls heard of a farmgirl with ambition not be able to do what she sets her head to? I will make it work. I am so burned out on nursing and begged for a long time to quit and he finally gave in.

I love being home and taking care of our home and little farm. He loves to come home to a clean house and "Supper on the table" he may call me in the afternoons and say "What's for supper" instead of running through the door expecting it after I had worked all day. However even at that it could be a sandwich or can of soup and he was happy. He also never said a thing about a dirty house. I really have a good one. I guess I knew what I was doing at age 14!!!

oh and Joyce I wrote the book on "Hairbrain Ideas" just ask my dh and kids! The proper medical term is "Flight of Ideas" and I am classic textbook ate up with it.......... hahahaha (I think we are just creative)

Loving Living Simply!
http://sunnymorningfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

4forMe
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Dawn
Easton MD
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  05:50:48 AM  Show Profile
You ladies have wonderful husbands. I also made the right choice and have a fantastic husband. We have been married for 11 years and have 4 living children. I am suffering terribly right now from the loss of our 5th child born still on Saturday at 18 weeks and my husband is and has been my rock.

He has always been a stand up guy and done whatever it took for our family, even when I wasn't the easiest wife. I am an RN and have been a stay at home mom for the last 7 years thanks to my husband's drive and dedication. He has gone above and beyond on anything I asked him to do for me or the kids.

I truly cannot picture my life without him and hope that I never have to.

Sewing, knitting, gardening mom of 4.
Go to Top of Page

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  06:10:46 AM  Show Profile
Dawn my heart goes out to you. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going thru right now. You are in my prayers.

I know that there are a lot of women out there who have chosen to give up a career such as nursing to stay at home to be SAHM's and I am so happy for them. However I am the only one in this family to do so but there is one thing different ---My kids are grown and married and out of the house!!!! I kinda/sorta/a little bit feel guilty but not to much!!!

Big farmgirl (((((Hugs))))
Becky

Loving Living Simply!
http://sunnymorningfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  06:29:38 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you have such a loving husband to care for you right now.

I have always said that I married the best of the best. Poor thing, he has to put up with all of my crazy ideas and whims! I don't think anyone else would, that's for sure! But yet, he does, and you rarely hear him complain. (That's because he mutters to himself!) Still, he plugs along, helping me when I need it and somehow, it all just works.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  3:01:01 PM  Show Profile
Dawn,
I'm so sorry to hear of your pain. My thoughts are with you.

My dh is wonderful too. I'm always dragging him off on adventures or asking if he would mind if I went off with one of my friends for a day of shopping or beauty. He treats my like a queen but I treat him like a king so it all works out. He complains about traffic, his job, whatever, but he never complains about me. If I'm doing something that might be annoying or he thinks is goofy, he'll just joke about it. I would like to say I don't deserve him, but I do deserve him (especially after my first husband)!

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  8:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Dawn-

I am so sorry for the loss of your child! My thoughts are with you as well.

My husband can be stubborn and hardheaded, but I think he is wonderful. We have been together for coming on 8 years, though married for less than one. He works hard to support our family, and rarely gets angry with me. He supports me in my endeavors and plans. There is so much I could write an essay- but I must say I have the biggest teddy bear for a husband :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  09:54:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Prayers being sent our to you, Dawn....

My husband is the love of my life! Too bad it took 1 rotten marriage and another 12 year crappy relationship to find him! He is always there for me and the kids and never once had second thoughts about being with me. I brought 3 children along with me into the relationship and they all consider him their dad. We now have 2 more children and he treats them all with the same love and devotion. He is such a good man and helps everyone out (sometimes too much..lol) I look forward to sitting on the porch swing growing old together!

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"A friend is someone who does things that count, but never stops to count them"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  10:58:31 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, I'm surrounding you with peacefulness and healing.

I also have found the perfect choice for me. Stuie's #2 but #1 as far as being a man goes. He is a scientist and sometimes challenges me and my belief system, but he makes me think and grow and that's was one thing I asked for. He's kind and strong and he tells me he loves me a hundred times a day. And he shows it, too, doing things around the house that he knows are hard for me to do, without my having to ask. He just goes ahead and does them quietly. So many things to love about Stuie and so much to be grateful for.

Patricia

Proud Farmgirl Sister #19
Rusty Chicks Chapter

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Today I choose faith not fear.
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  11:17:04 AM  Show Profile
Where do I start. My DH and I have been married 30 years, this year. We married 3 months after we met and everyone said it wouldn't last He is an AMAZING father. Everyone always use to ask how I manage 5 kids and I would point to him. I mean he helped with everything. Even after putting in long days on constructions sites.

He delivered our 4th child in our home, during a snow storm that left us with over 6ft of snow and no phone. Just he and I... TALK ABOUT BEING THERE!

Cards for no reason, flowers out of the blue. He can fix and make anything. But the biggest thing is his commitment to me and our marriage. NO matter what I have his support. I thank God that I have him

small farms give big benefits

Edited by - corporatefarmgirl on Apr 09 2008 11:29:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  11:18:00 AM  Show Profile
Edited because, as I was told this morning, I'm a terrible wife and person. So, today, I don't feel he's so fabulous.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/

Edited by - KYgurlsrbest on Apr 25 2008 06:59:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  11:23:14 AM  Show Profile
Jonni let me know if you are trying to start a family. I can help.

love,
P

Proud Farmgirl Sister #19
Rusty Chicks Chapter

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Today I choose faith not fear.
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  11:53:28 AM  Show Profile
What a fun thread, to read how lucky so many of us farmgirls are! My Lucas is the very BEST in my book. I just fall more and more in love with him as time goes on. But this week it was catching him and Stella (our one and a half year old) dancing in the living room. Melted my heart...
So, what are you all doing to celebrate Husband Appreciation Day? I would love to take him on date...we'll see if Nanny Jane is up for babysitting.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  9:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Meg's Lucas really is a gem! He is a one of a kind man and a really amazing daddy!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

cathy cobblestone
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

cathy
greensburg ky
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  9:45:28 PM  Show Profile
First off - Dawn, so sorry for your tragic loss. Prayers are being said for you.

Sounds like so many of us are truly blessed. My Shaun is a quiet and kind man with a tremendous heart. We were best friends for years before we married and have been "hitched" for 11 amazing years. We have one precious son, Casen, who is five - and after his birth is when I "truly" understood how much I loved Shaun. He is an incredible dad.

Shaun is just a good man, extremely hard-working, kind-hearted, God-fearing,and always grinning - I wouldn't trade him for anything.

I'm truly grateful for the blessing of him in my life! Oh, and as for the husband appreciation day - I'm pretty sure we'll be celebrating at the T-ball park - I know he wouldn't want it any other way!

Blessings to you all!!! Cathy

www.cobblestonefarms.blogspot.com

Today is a gift, live it!
Go to Top of Page

4forMe
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Dawn
Easton MD
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2008 :  06:01:08 AM  Show Profile
First off, thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. They mean a lot.

I was thinking of making my husband something for husband appreciation day. He has mentioned wanting a sack or bag (sort of messanger style) that he could take with him back to our garden for his hand garden tools. I think he wants it to wear across his shoulder, I was thinking of maybe making him a waistdown apron with pockets out of a heavier canvas material that he could wear and have his tools in the pockets. I don't know....I'm still trying to decide which way to go with this.

It doesn't have to be fancy by any means, just something to carry back to the garden and it will get dirty but needs to hold up with washing.

Sewing, knitting, gardening mom of 4.
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2008 :  07:35:11 AM  Show Profile
Alee, you are so sweet to say so!

Dawn, a man apron sounds like a great husband appreciation gift...thinking of you.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  7:41:43 PM  Show Profile
Erik has really outdone himself today! Last summer I found a pop up laundry dryer for the yard through our local freecycle group- simple, practical and needing a hole to rest in. I could never make up my mind where it ought to go...will there be a hoop house there next summer? a chicken coop perhaps?
SO- since I was breaking my drying rack carrying them in and out he came up with a WONDERFUL solution. He bought me a gorgeous wrought iron umbrella stand and 8 heavy duty tent stakes and voila- my laundry was hung in 10 minutes. It looks great, required no cement or digging and I can move it if that spot doesn't get enough sun. It is sturdy and the kids can't knock it over because of the way the stakes are holding it in place. My hubby is a real honorary backyard farm girl for this one!!!!

Rebekka

www.bebebella.etsy.com

As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.

Virginia Woolf
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  8:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That's awesome Rebekka!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  6:00:55 PM  Show Profile
Well...long story short...took me 30 years but I'm finally married to the "love of my life"...Thomas is just the most handsome, sexy, most wonderful sense of humor,loving, considerate, generous...on and on. Just everything about him is a dream come true.

So now I can celebrate twice this week...tomorrow for the appreciation day and on Friday the 18th for our 2nd wedding anniversary. I'm almost 50 years old but Thomas makes me feel like a young girl again!

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2008 :  08:42:11 AM  Show Profile
Well, happy anniversary, Stephanie!!

And happy husband appreciation day to all. I decided to make my hubby cookies in honor but realized I would just eat them all, so maybe something special for dinner.

(we visited friends in Seattle this weekend, a 5+ hour drive and decided to head back at Stella's bed time so she could just sleep the whole way. Well, just about 20 miles from Moscow at 100 am, we ran over something and blew out our tire. With no flashlights and 3 attempts to keep the jack from slipping in the gravel, my hubby finally got the spare on! The amazing part: Stella slept the whole time and it was almost kind of romantic to be out in the middle of no where in the middle of night with my knight in shinning armor!! )

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2008 :  08:55:18 AM  Show Profile
My husband is so great! I feel like I talk about him all the time but I just love him so much! We spend most of our time together and I wouldn't want it anyother way! We work together (well at the same place) we hang out together and truly enjoy being with eachother. The couple that are our best friends is the same way so we also enjoy being with them. If we are ever apart it is usually because I am doing something with Dee and Richie is off with Randy! Richie is not really the romantic kind and doesn't "suprise" me with gifts but he is always willing to get me what I want and need and also supports me in my quest towards a more self-sustaining lifestyle. He is kind and loving. Although I do wish he would be willing to give me a back rub every once and a while I couldn't ask for anything more! I love you Richie!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic Got a great husband?? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: