queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2008 :  2:01:29 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Meg! And for husband appreciation day I'm taking him out to dinner to a romantic spot.

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
Go to Top of Page

gafarmwoman
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Pam
Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2008 :  2:13:05 PM  Show Profile
I am so thankful for my hard working husband. We have been married 33 years and still going strong. Some days I wonder if I will make it through some of the projects he thinks up for us to do, but so far, so good.
I think I will tell him when he gets home that I appreciate him. (and when is wife appreciation day??)lol..

You can never have enough friends.
Please come and sit a spell with me at Life on a Southern Farm
http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  9:40:44 PM  Show Profile
"Got a great husband", huh?? Well, what time is it?? I'll let you know!!

Honestly, tho, I do have the best (most of the time) but he can get under my skin in a NY minute!! In June, we'll have been married 2 years and at times...well, I'm tellin' ya, I've thought of some illegal things! but always came back round right! But, I have to say, he tries, goodness, he tries to fix things when things aren't right. He's paid for my ex's mistakes and is still here. He would die for me and I for him. I don't want to be here without him, I'm going to die first so I don't have to live without him. Selfish, you bet but I can't see life without him...even tho at times I could drop him off a pier.

Yep, I'd say I have a great hubby!

Winona ;-)

When you lose, don't lose the lesson!!

http://goneriding.wordpress.com/

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  11:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
what a GREAT thread...I too have a Mr. Wonderful.. he is the kinda hubby that if I were to say, "boy wouldnt it be awesome if we had a trellis for my grapes"..... I would find in his quiet times, designing a trellis for my grapes ( which by the way, the trellis looks awesome)....There is simply NOTHING he cannot do, whether it is plumbing, electical, wood work, welding - His farmboy ways have given me the freedom to be a farm GIRL....he is the quiet type, so I generally just notice that whatever it was, that I thought I wanted.. is now a reality.. we have been married 25 years.. so I have gotten really good at doing much of the "things" for myself.. and I was thinking this weekend as we were building an arbor - how fun it was to both be out in the shop cutting and designing - he also loves to can.. he got that from his dad - who is amazing! Good country "jean's" I guess.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2008 :  10:11:53 AM  Show Profile
Uh oh, Jonni - sorry your DH pulled himself out of the Great Husband category - I sure hope he apologizes to you, that's an awful thing to say to one's spouse, and even worse to hear.
Do you think he can hear the sound of many farmgirls throwing tomatoes at him right now...(except that you would catch all those tomatoes and then whip up a tasty gourmet meal for him)? Anyway, I hope he comes to his senses.

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic Got a great husband?? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page