Page: of 5

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  07:20:56 AM  Show Profile
Big hugs Linda! I know you are going through a terrible thing. We are all here for you and cheering you on. Sending you healing energy and farmgirl hugs and blessings

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

pollyesther
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Karen
FL
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  07:36:03 AM  Show Profile
Linda-
Thinking of you each and every day and sending love, hugs, prayers, hopes and lots of positive energy your way. Mom sees both oncologists tomorrow and will learn her treatment plan then. She will be doing radiation and chemotherapy.
Much love,
Karen
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  2:42:57 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies, I went for round of chemo today but didn't get it because my white blood count is very low. I'm on antibiotic to help keep infection away. Need prayers!!!!!!!!!!

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  2:53:22 PM  Show Profile
Praying for that blood count to come up. Rest as much as you can. Hugs.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

pollyesther
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Karen
FL
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  3:23:42 PM  Show Profile
Prayers being sent right now your way, Linda-
Get plenty of rest.
Love,
Karen
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  3:46:17 PM  Show Profile
Linda, you are in my prayers. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  2:16:25 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I am praying for you. I am so sorry your blood counts dropped so quickly. However, maybe this means it is killing the cancer just as quickly. Keep thinking positively. See yourself victorious, winning a race, climbing to the top of the mountain, sailing away on a sailboat-whatever works to see you moving away form this and being well once more.

I know meditation and meditation tapes helped me stay relaxed and visualize my complete and total healing. I still do affirmations and visualizations daily. Praying helps, to send out your requests and trust God to meet them.

Watch some funny movies. Watch some sweet romances. DO whatever it takes to feel loved and pampered during this time. Sit out in the shade and feel the breeze. Picture breathing in nutrients and breathing out toxins. Breathe deeply for a few minutes each day to help bring in more oxygen to your body.

Are you taking any multivitamin or multimineral? I know these seemed to help me even if it was only psychologically. I took twice daily probiotics so my body would stil ldigest nutrients. Take with breakfast or lunch and dinner.

hope these suggestions help. Best of luck. Keep going. See yourself winning and succeeding in beating this.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  2:33:39 PM  Show Profile
Linda, my prayers are with you. Seems Clare has said it best with the breathing and meditation. That sounds healing to me. Keep the faith.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  5:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Praying for you Linda and sending love and hugs your way. Hang in there and remember that you have all us farmgirls thinking of you!

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  02:02:04 AM  Show Profile
Linda,
Thinking of you and praying for you. Blood counts up and peace of mind when unexpected at times comes. Just know you are on your way, rest in His arms. Hugs,
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  10:22:50 AM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Dear Linda, I just said a prayer for you. I hope so much that you are starting to feel a little better now. Take it a day at a time, and I think Clare has some awesome advice. And yes, most of all think positive, visualize it going away. Your positive attitude will help you so much. Be strong and positive!!! I will light a candle for you at my church this Sunday.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  2:34:06 PM  Show Profile
Hello friends, I went to see the doctor yesterday. He said WBC's are up from last Thursday but still abnormal. He was concerned about losing the effect of what was already done by the chemo I had but he was going to let me make the decision about restarting right away. I told him I want to get it over with. So, today I spent 4 hours getting my chemo. I go back next Tuesday for blood work and chemo.The doctor said if WBC's go way down I will have to stop treatment all together. So,my friends I need prayers that God's will be done and not mine.
Thank you all for your prayer and support.
Love,
Linda (a rose)
PS: Please keep Karen's Mom (Bev) in your prayers too. Believe or not she is my pen pal, and she had her right lung removed because of cancer and I had my left lung. We were born the same year in August! She refers to us as twins.

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  07:11:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Linda - You and Bev are in my thoughts and prayers. I got such a nice letter from Bev and I'm going to write her back this week. You are both special ladies.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  07:22:12 AM  Show Profile
Linda, you are and will be in my prayers and Bev too. I hope your counts are back to normal and that you are feeling better soon.

(((Hugs)))

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  05:15:08 AM  Show Profile
Linda hope you and Bev are feeling better, Its going to be a hard battle but you can do it

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  1:05:13 PM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Mom...

I held your hand yesterday in the hospital (and rubbed your feet!), and even though Dad prefers he be with you for your chemo, know that my heart is right there with you. Take this one thing at a time. We have plans to do another bus trip when you are done!!! I'm thinking Foxwoods...

Kelly
When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  5:50:09 PM  Show Profile
oooh boy....kelly!! What a sweetie you are my daughter! Yep...Kelly is my daughter!

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  6:58:42 PM  Show Profile
Linda:
I will say a novena for you. You will be on my daily prayer list. I pray you find and get all the strength you need to be well again. God Bless.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  08:42:00 AM  Show Profile
I've been praying for you, but thought I should chime in & let you know. God bless you!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please email me for all your BeautiControl needs!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Lung Cancer Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page