Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 I need just a few prayers....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic I need just a few prayers.... Next Topic
Page: of 2

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  4:07:20 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I am worn out..nothing is going my way and I am trying so hard to keep things positive, sending out about 10 resumes a day and NOTHING is working. I just need a little prayer to help me find a job- anything at this point. I feel like I am sinking fast and I am getting a little depressed, which is huge for me as I am usually a half full glass kinda gal. I am seriously getting really down. I know there are much more important things in the world to worry about, but I just need a little encouragement. I'm so tired and worn down right now...

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  5:34:15 PM  Show Profile
Heather, Keep you chin up, I will be praying that a perfect job will come along soon. I know how you feel about getting down I've been going thru a few things my self and it is so hard to stay positive when it seems everything is going the wrong way. But just keep pressin on God will work things out in his time. Blessings Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  2:11:22 PM  Show Profile
Heather, here's a prayer for you to get a job, a perfect job for right now.

Clare

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  2:14:35 PM  Show Profile
Heather - I am praying for you. In my past when things were the worst, I finally just surrendered to the powers that be, and that is when a door would open. Sounds cliche, I know, but I am hoping your door to happiness will open soon.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  7:33:37 PM  Show Profile
Heather, you will find a job,I'll bet something is just around the corner for you. Try not to fret and worry, things do have a way of working out. You are too special of a girl to be down for long. I pray you will get a good job soon and that you will be feeling better and more like your positive self very soon.

Hugs MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  8:33:28 PM  Show Profile
I will sure keep you in my prayers Heather!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  8:56:14 PM  Show Profile
hugs to you Heather, and praying that a job soon comes your way.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  9:14:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather,

Hang in there. When the going gets tough - make chocolate chip cookies! Works every time ; ) You're in my prayers.

Tina

You can tell your dog all of your secrets and they'll never say a word!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  06:31:11 AM  Show Profile
Heather, put your boots on girlfriend and go kick some booty out there! I know you can do it and underneath, you do too!. It's a very hard time to be trying to get a job. You are fighting the good fight and eventually you will win, but it is going to take some time and luck. So chin up, cowgirl, I have faith in you * HUGS* go get some ice cream, or a bottle of wine or whatever you feel good about indulging in. Take a nice empowering bath or put Charlie to bed and have a spa night and emerge fresh and ready to go. You just need your spirits renewed and a bit of oooph back. You can do it! =)

So, prayers and hugs and much job finding juju coming your way! =) don't worry, be happy!

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  06:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks all!! I do appreciate. Hubby emailed me and put things in perspective and now I look at things as this is what I am supposed to be doing for a reason. Thanks for being there for me to bend an ear!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  09:58:05 AM  Show Profile
Heather, you're in my prayers. I feel like there's a great opportunity for you coming soon, just keep those positive thoughts going. I wish you the best!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  11:55:37 AM  Show Profile
Heather, sending up prayers for the job that "fits" to come your way. Hang in there! Keep us posted on the progress.

Jami in WA

Okay, so now I have a blog. http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  12:50:54 PM  Show Profile
I'll be praying that the right job comes to you.
Hang in there!
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  1:32:43 PM  Show Profile
heather, sending prayers your way, what have you been trying for? you live in a resort town can you work for a resort or somthing like that? are you looking for full or part time? i am on my knees! hugs

AngiKay
www.angikay.etsy.com

Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  1:52:15 PM  Show Profile
Praying in Oklahoma!

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  2:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all again. I am looking for full time. Unfortunately, I am too "experienced" to work the resorts and I can't work weekends because I have Charlie and while Scott is deployed, it is all on me, so I need my night and weekends.I even played down my resume. I have over 10 years in the military, a strong clerical and administrative background but am willing to start entry level within reason of decent pay.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  4:36:07 PM  Show Profile
Prayers for sure but also have you hit up Law firms? Maybe a personal appearance dropping off your resume whether they're looking or not? Also, could you start a homebased business...sell on Ebay or become a personal assistant online? Just some ideas and that way you wouldn't have to pay for childcare either. Prayers abound but I am also of the thinking that you are exactly where you are supposed to be right now. God may be trying to get you to think "outside the box" right now instead of trying to go down the same job path as before? I found in my life when I tried to "force" my life and not turn it over to the power(s) that be that things got really bad....it was finally when I let go of what "I" thought was best for me instead of asking for guidance and truly following it when it showed up that my life truly turned around for me. I really didn't think I was going to survive financially and here I am years later "still in the game" WHO KNEW??? Hang in there kiddo...it will all work out for you ....have faith!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  5:03:37 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Sandra- I have that SAME feeling and that something BIG and GOOD is going to happen in August...I have tried jobs outside my usual relm. I know something great is coming. I actually said a HUGE surrender prayer/meditation on Friday night. I think it is working already. I have had good vibes for most of the weekend. I know in the end, it's not all about me and we will survive. God doesn't let good people down and I know he has a wondeful plan for me.

(((HUGS)))

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  9:36:58 PM  Show Profile
ok with your strong clerical background, we will find you somthing grand and maybe even an onsite daycare. god is here. hugs

AngiKay
www.angikay.etsy.com

Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  9:45:07 PM  Show Profile
Hey Heather, no worries. I am in the same boat..and alot of my friends are, as well. Most people who have been looking are still looking after six or so months. Such is the economic climate. So in your job hunt, it's not you, and I know good things eventually will come along.

Big Hugs!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Brenda
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Brenda
Boerne Texas
USA
168 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  06:31:25 AM  Show Profile
Hey neighbor, I just saw this thread. You are in my prayers. Something will come up, God already has a plan.

I will keep my eyes and ears open...how far do you want to drive? Would San Antonio or Boerne work? Or are you looking to stay closer to home? My husband is in management for a general construction company (mostly government contracts) and they and sub-contractor's are always looking for good admin. staff. Keep us posted.

Hugs!

Brenda
Farmgirl Sister #292
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  06:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Brenda. I live about 30 miles east of SA..like down to the 1604 loop. Boerne is a little far but anything headed, I guess that would be SE from you??? would work...Selma, Cibolo, Schertz- right down 35 South, all the way to SA would be perfect. Thanks. : ) I have a very strong admin. background, along with coming from the military, so I am dependable and hard working. I have lots of references, my own vehicle, can pass a background check, drug test, I am an American Citizen, etc. Just need a job... ; )

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Brenda
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Brenda
Boerne Texas
USA
168 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  07:15:12 AM  Show Profile
Okay,
I will ask my husband when he gets home. I know they were going to start interviewing for an admin. assist. The owner of the company is losing his because she is due to have her baby next month and she also starts a teaching job. The main office is downtown SA so down 35 south is not too bad. They have offices at all the bases too so I will ask if they are hiring at any of those. But like I said, he has many connections with sub-contractors in SA and we will ask around! :O)

Brenda
Farmgirl Sister #292
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  07:24:51 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Brenda!! Blessings to you!! That would be so wonderful. Can I send you my resume so your husband can look it over?? I would be so grateful. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Brenda
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Brenda
Boerne Texas
USA
168 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  07:30:26 AM  Show Profile
Of course!:O) Can you e-mail it to me? Since I'm new to this forum stuff, I know it is not reccomended to list our e-mail address on the thread, isn't there a place where you go to my profile and you can e-mail me from there? Let me know...

Brenda
Farmgirl Sister #292
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  07:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I just emailed you. Thanks so much!! I have gotten so many God winks this weekend, it is silly!! HA!! (((HUGS)))

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic I need just a few prayers.... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page