SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  5:17:12 PM  Show Profile
Marly, I do feel very blessed. Sometimes its hard to believe that I do have my log home. Our porch is one of the most relaxing places we have. It is so peaceful and at night you can hear all sorts of creatures! My grandson (2) will hear the frogs or bugs and he will say "whats dhat". Last year I decorated my Christmas tree and the living room in old country style and loved it! Hopefully my daughter will at some point show me how to post pictures so I can share them. Thanks to all for your comments! Wish I could have you all here and we could sit on the front porch and talk and drink lemonade!!
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  09:16:37 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Susie! Great work! I know I'm a little far (northwest Louisiana) but if you really want a Nubian or two, my neighbor raises them, and is looking to sell a few. She also has Nigerians, and boy oh boy, are the babies precious!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  6:15:57 PM  Show Profile
Julie, I may just have to get with you about those nubians if I can't find any closer. I am tring to find a very young female nubian and all I can find are bucks. I am searching ads and farmers market bulletins. I thought I could find one close by - so if I keep going into dead ends I just may have to travel a distance. Thanks for letting me know about those. I will sure keep those in mind.

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  7:25:58 PM  Show Profile
Sigh...For now I must be content to live through those of you who are fortunate to live my dreams. Please keep these kind of posts coming so we less fortunate (no I take that back!)we who have not seen our dreams materialize YET can keep our hope alive!

Enjoy our good life!
Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

goddessphx
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Hannah
Goodyear AZ
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  1:06:37 PM  Show Profile  Click to see goddessphx's MSN Messenger address  Send goddessphx a Yahoo! Message
Can you raise chickens if you have cats around?

always...dreaming in colors
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Dream came true Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page