Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 How did you find out about MaryJanesFarm?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic How did you find out about MaryJanesFarm? Next Topic
Page: of 2

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  2:12:21 PM  Show Profile
In an old issue of Country Home magazine, there was an article about Mary Jane. I was intrigued and looked up her website and joined the forum. I've bought her book and magazines and enjoy reading the posts on this site.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  9:18:02 PM  Show Profile
It's been a while since folks mentioned how they found out about MJF. Keep the stories coming. If you are new to the board, please feel welcome to post how you found out about the farm, magazine/books, products, website, etc. :)

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  07:26:08 AM  Show Profile
Last spring I joined the Crafter's Bookclub, and you get to choose 5 "free" books. One of the books they offered was MaryJane's Stitchery book. I got it, was so intrigued, so I checked her website, and fell in love! I borrowed the Ideabook from the library, then ordered my own. I bought all the back issues from MJF, and have ordered food products 3 times now.

Never before have I felt so at home.

Lori
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  07:37:06 AM  Show Profile
I found her "Artists in Aprons" magazine (last one) at our local WINCO grocery store. I thought it was pretty pricey, but on looking inside and finding all that wonderful knowledge, information, friendship, camaraderie, and lots of fun things I decided to take it home with my groceries. I have not been disappointed and keep on finding new things to read. However, I've been waiting a loooonnnng time for a new issue. I hear it has arrived! Whoopee!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  07:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Betty- Cool! I didn't know that Winco had her magazine!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  08:44:49 AM  Show Profile
I picked up her life book at Borders one day and paged through it. I left it at the store. About an hour later I decided I really wanted it and went back to get it.

It was probably meant to be to own it, because my gift card I had been hoarding had most of the purchase price left on it to cover it. It was the best birthday present I ever bought for myself. LOL

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  08:49:13 AM  Show Profile
Alee, do you think it could have the latest issue?
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  3:28:28 PM  Show Profile
I read about the farm in a small article in the local paper when they had their first Farm Fair. I later found one of the magazine-No Place Like Home-and this forum. I joined right away. Then I went to the next Farm Fair. And bought the book.

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

Crafty Chic
True Blue Farmgirl

64 Posts

Melissa
West Plains MO
USA
64 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  7:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Crafty Chic a Yahoo! Message
My mother in luv Sue (Junebug) has been a MJ Farmgirl for 2 years now I think. She would always talk about the girls she met on here and the friendships she developed. She's let me look at her MJF books. I long to live on a little farm someday and I just decided to get online one day and visit her website and I joined. I've only been a member for about 2 months now. I love it. I'm in the process of starting a local farmgirl chapter in my hometown. While I live in town, I'm a farmgirl at heart and one of these days I will be true to my heart and have a farm of my own. My dream vacation is to visit Mary Jane and her farm. My hubby is all for it. I love her books and mags. She's got such awesome ideas and recipes! I'm lactose intolerant b/c I have IBS and most of her mixes and recipes don't have milk in them. Plus, it's all organic! She's an awesome person and I'm learning a lot from the forum, her books and mags and the wonderful farmgirls I've met on here. Thanks gals for welcoming me with open arms and farmgirl hugs!

Visit our Farmgirl Chapter Blog:
http://country-chicks.blogspot.com
Visit me at my other blogs:
family-fixins.blogspot.com
wwwmyblessedworld.blogspot.com
Visit our Etsy Store:
Heart2Home
www.heart2home.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2008 :  7:02:37 PM  Show Profile
I have been here for a few years. I found this site one evening as I was surfing some sewing links. One link sent me to Mary Janes sewing and crafting room. I've been hooked ever since. I have not only made friends here,but have met many in person including Mary Jane. I was so lucky to go to Karin ( mumof3) house when she won the pinkeeper contest.

Keep the stories coming!

TEDDIE

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2008 :  7:39:25 PM  Show Profile
I found out through my good friend, Cathy Cobblestone. Mary Jane had visited our little town and had made a stop at Cobblestone Farm. Cathy told me all about the visit and let me see the book she got. I immediately joined the website and have been hooked ever since.

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  05:22:56 AM  Show Profile
I was doing a search for something several years back on the internet and it lead me to one of the topics here on the forum. I started reading and just loved all the info here and how the farmgirls were kind and helpful to one another. I became an avid lurker and joined about a year before I actually started posting. Coming to this site is one of the best part of my days.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  09:12:49 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
20 years ago - we were living in Colfax Wa. My husband was working for Whitman County Wheat Growers and I was raising babies... I shopped at what is now the Moscow Co-op.. I can even remember back then that there was a "Buz" about her..when we moved from colfax, I would make our way back to Moscow Co-op (usually the guys were at some WSU cougar event) and I was at Moscow Co-op....I can recall finding her 1st magazine, you would have thought I had won the lottery....For me maryJanesfarm has been 1) that "thing" that says "oh yes I can", when it seems you cannot.. and 2) a connection to "HOME".. there is nothing like the rolling hills of Palouse - it makes my heart stop everytime.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  10:30:27 AM  Show Profile
I stumbled upon MaryJane's Ideabook, Cookbook, Lifebook at the library and was so impressed. I'd already been meeting with a group of girls in the area - encouraging organic eating and healthy habits. I shared the book with so many friends, signed up to be a chapter leader, and share about this site whenever I can.
Ann
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic How did you find out about MaryJanesFarm? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page