Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Spring/Garden Mini Apron Swap Sign-Up,Now Closed..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring/Garden Mini Apron Swap Sign-Up,Now Closed.. Next Topic
Page: of 18

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  06:02:39 AM  Show Profile
Let her help you Denise...she has plenty of energy I am sure.

I always pick a room when my husband goes out of town and try to have it painted, new sheers put up, and furniture rearranged before he gets back. This time it is my upstairs hallway. Although I have found that I cannot figure out how to paint the highest part along the wall with the steps....argh! (I'm always up for a challenge, but I dont wanna kill myself.)

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  06:28:14 AM  Show Profile
Nay Your FINE Kiddo!!!!

MAIL Call!!!

Clarabell (k) Mini's Have Arrived!!! Shimmmmeeeerrr!! & Soft & Silky too!
Turquoise! & the SCREAM Spring!! So it needs to stop raining & snowing everywhere! Cuz these little babies are dying to Bloom!!!
& Dragonflies Too!!! So Cute!

Kathie.. Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself"..
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  06:29:16 AM  Show Profile
oh that is awesome!!!

Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  08:06:30 AM  Show Profile
Kathie, I just got back from the post office, mini's are on their way to you. No more than 2 are alike - when we moved into this house last summer I found a treasure trove of sewing notions left behind from the previous people, so most of the trims and ribbons are quite old, if not exactly vintage.

Denise, I also have to do it all. Last time hubby came home from the road to a lavender-and-spring green bedroom. I told him if he didn't like it he could repaint it. Being as ambitious as a lizard in July, he never did.

Edited by - JenniferJuniper on May 01 2008 08:07:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  08:08:17 AM  Show Profile
good for you jennifer

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9372 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9372 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  08:47:41 AM  Show Profile
Jess,
About 3 years ago my two youngest who were somewhere around teenagers then decided to paint the upstairs hallway for me while hubby and I were away. They couldn't reach the highest part over the steps either without hitting the ceiling and getting paint all over it so they left it unpainted. As soon as you figure out how to do it without injuring yourself let me know because having that space between the ceiling and clean paint is driving me nuts!

Jennifer,
What is it that women are the only ones with the energy genes or something!?! I mean first is was that it's to cold and now I don't know what. I did manage to get hubby at least starting on digging out the area around the back door so he can pour the cement for the step. It is like a moat there when it rains even though we have rain gutters everywhere, so he is putting a drain in and making about a 2 ft. cement step in front of the door. I told them we aren't getting the new carpet till it was done. Imagine, it really didn't make much difference to them. He did get all the stuff so now MAYBE he'll get it done.

Denise~~
you've heard about not being a nagging wife? Hey if it works I say go ahead and nag 'em.

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9372 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9372 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  08:50:08 AM  Show Profile
Btw, after all that jabbering I am working on my minis today. Started sewing last night and I'm home alone today so I have no excuse. I'll do them when I'm taking a break from painting.

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  08:51:34 AM  Show Profile
ok i will let you know...still working on figuring it out.

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  08:57:59 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I'm not quite ready for your applause...but I do have 4 minis almost done! (only need the strings). The fabric print is big corn ears..I like it.

The rest of them will be red hot peppers in the dark...!

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  08:59:04 AM  Show Profile
nifty keen-o

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  11:05:49 AM  Show Profile
Your farther along then i am Linda!!!

jennifer i'll keep my eyes peeled!
& Your Bedroom sounds beautiful!

Right Now Mine is a Sunny Butter Yellow.. & the Curtains are red & white quilted thick upholstery type Fabric.. I made a Dust ruffle with this Gorgeous black back ground & primary colored floral & fruit Amish Print.. I even glued this fabric along the walls from the floor to about three feet up all around the room.. My spread is Red.. But I've since bought a more shabby chic looking spread with matching shams.. so of course NOTHING matches..
wouldn't matter anyway.. Butch still hates it all..
But like your husband.. He may not like it.. & he might even complain now & then.. But I'll never.. EVER have to worry that he'll do anything about it!!! (Tee Hee..) ( Yes.. i Know.. you hav visions of puke running throuh your brains right now.. but with the red spread on.. it's not all that bad..!)

Edited by - Kathie on May 01 2008 11:06:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  11:13:00 AM  Show Profile
pictures please, clean your room then show us your style!

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  11:36:55 AM  Show Profile
As a kid, we had the high stairway walls to ceiling in an old house, and I can't remember for the life of me how they safely did the wallpaper there. I DO know that my mother hired someone to do it; she usually wallpapered the rooms herself, but refused to do that dangerous stairway. Seems to me there was some type of scaffolding involved.

Does anyone decorate in the old German way of painting the ceilings blue? I read that somewhere and it's stuck in my mind. Our bedroom is butter yellow with a light blue ceiling that way.

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html SOAP
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  11:39:01 AM  Show Profile
nope, not so far. my celings are a boring crisp white.

But my bedroom is a bright knock your eyes out sunny yellow!

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  11:47:39 AM  Show Profile
The ceilings were painted blue to mimic der Himmel (the sky)
Bev needs to investigate the Lancaster Amish homes and see if they do it too~
just to satisfy my curiosity and also to give her something to do~she doesn't have
enough planned. ROFL!!!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9372 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9372 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  11:48:40 AM  Show Profile
The Amish do the blue ceilings. Mine is just the plain old flat white paint and my walls are blue and so is the carpet.
My living room is pale yellow and my one daughter just hates it. But...I love it. It's my living room / sewing area.

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  11:50:07 AM  Show Profile
ha! poor bev is probably at home right now running around catching up on laundry, dropping off the dry cleaning, doing the ironing, making a wonderful meal for dinner, popping together a quilt, and with just enough time to water the garden and stitch up her spring minis. All done and tidied up before Jack comes home from work.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9372 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9372 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  11:52:10 AM  Show Profile
Hah, we will be lucky if dinner is out of the freezer when they get home! Maybe pizza tonight. I think these painting fumes are getting to me.

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  11:56:01 AM  Show Profile
The bedroom ceiling was already blue when we moved in, so it ended up looking like an Easter Egg what with the lavender & green. I did like the blue though, made the white ceiling fan and crown molding pop out. Unfortunately I did not get to enjoy it that long, we moved less than a year after I painted it. Maybe the renters are enjoying it, could not sell the house in the horrible FL market. Anyhow, I did once hear too that porches should have blue ceilings, cannot remember why though.

So, is there another mini swap in the works?

and BTW I have been cruising craigs list for sewing machines....
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9372 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9372 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  12:00:45 PM  Show Profile
I have heard that about the porches to Jennifer. I don't think the market for selling is very good anywhere. We have lots of places up for sale here now and no one is buying.

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  12:00:56 PM  Show Profile
yes i think after this one is done we have the summer/4th of july ones Jennifer, then the birthday themed ones are due by august 1st so bonne can have em by her birthday!

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  12:25:31 PM  Show Profile
Yep! The Patriotic themed ones.. THEN the Birthday ones..I'm SOOooo Excited about the Birthday Mini's!!!!!!!

Hhhhhhhmmm .. All of my ceilings are all white..

I DID do a cloud sky & theme once when my kids were little..

Most of my room are pretty boring.. My bathroom is a sage green.. the butter in my bedroom.. my living room & dining room are both a dul greenish beige.. USED to be a brighter Pistachio green.. the Laundrey Room.. the 2nd bath & the back bedroom are all a darker greenish beige..
Sewing room is Pistachio & so is the hall way..
The Kitch has a couple wall an odd pukey pink color.. & another a puke mixed with lumpy mustard look.. Not Quite sure what i was going for.. but i know i was wanting some texture.. so i kept throwing things in the bucket of paint.. & intentionally NOT thuroughly mixing it very well..
ABSOLUTELY drove Butch Crazy!
He ALWAYS says things to me like..
"You CAN'T Do that!!! It Doesn't Work that way!"
Well for God's sakes.. Doesn't he know after all this time that to say something as assinine as THAT to me.. He may as well of said.."I Dare Ya!"
Because.. Oh YES!! I WILL Do THAT!! & I WILL find a way SOME HOW to make this crap stick on my dang wall!
(No matter HOW Hideious it REALLY may be later! I WILL Do IT!)

You've SEEN This wall!! It's behind my Mini Apron Tree!!!

I'll Find it again....
Pink & Mustard Lumpy Puke.THIS is what it must look like!

But Talk about Color!! Now Jess does Some Grand Coloring in HER House!!
I want Orange somewhere big.. I'm just not quite sure where.. But SHE has some GREAT big colors going on..! Purple.. AND Orange!! Grand Colors!

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  12:32:32 PM  Show Profile
ok.. here.. THIS is the Puke wall NOT just the PINK Puke wall.. but the one mixed with the Baby Crap Mustard color & the lumps of stuff that Butch said wouldn't stick.. (Yes.. they did too by the way..)

This wall Used to be ALL red ..

But as you can see.. i got bored doing it.. or.. fell off the chair.. can't remember which..

You Can't really see the texture.. but you almost get a hint of it.. how it's raised a bit..
I really am not sure what i was thinking i wanted from it.. Mexican wall.. shoot.. i don't know.. but.. It IS different!!!

Ta Da!!

Edited by - Kathie on May 01 2008 12:34:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  12:34:32 PM  Show Profile
okay I am very colorful..hush! I have a red room, a green bathroom, an orange sitting room...kind of like mac n chz, a bright green hallway in the works, a light green pistachio in the boys room, 2 tone blue in the girls room. chance card orange bathroom, a lilac and lava bathroom, my sunny yellow bedroom.

then i have an electric blue dining room that my husband absolutely will not eat in...says it makes his food vibrate, so hopefully by the end of the summer that one will change. and this ugly seafoam green living room...i want that to go away too. then i have a boring mushroom brown hallway and a barf me out disgusting dark green and white and fruit wallpaper kitchen ...needs serious help. did i miss anything?

oh yeah the girls closet is an awesome lavendar and light green with flowers painted all over the walls and ceiling. and my alcoves are both way too dark of a green.

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  1:05:42 PM  Show Profile
Ok, looked up blue ceilinged porchess: it's to do with spirits.
From a forum on
traditional architecture:

" Lancaster County Amish paint their porch
ceilings blue too....no doubt it must have something to do with
spirits....evil or not. The oldest German houses here had one foot by
one foot flaps in exterior walls to release the spirits of the dearly
departed."

Now that's interesting and steeped in old world beliefs. I love it.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring/Garden Mini Apron Swap Sign-Up,Now Closed.. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page