Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Spring/Garden Mini Apron Swap Sign-Up,Now Closed..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring/Garden Mini Apron Swap Sign-Up,Now Closed.. Next Topic
Page: of 18

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  1:18:44 PM  Show Profile
See!! Grand!! i LOVE it!!

Butch would be Reeling!!!

I MUST buy some more Paint!
i Love to buy the Mistakes that people make though..

You know.. Kind of like.. Aw.. come on.. lets give it a chance..!
SOMEONE needs to take this paint home & love it!
May as well be me!!

Kathie.. Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself"..
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  1:20:05 PM  Show Profile
Flaps???

I don't get it..
???

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  2:59:43 PM  Show Profile
You mean you don't have exterior wall flaps??!!
Think of all the spirits that can't get out! LOL
I guess they could use the doggie door.

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html SOAP

Edited by - Bonne on May 01 2008 3:00:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  3:10:46 PM  Show Profile
hahaha!

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  5:22:57 PM  Show Profile
When we lived in a post and beam barn like house years ago I painted every room in the house green, but very pale. The house was not finished when we bought it and wasn't when we sold it, too! When the kids and I moved to this house, I painted the kitchen a nice bright light green which made some people scream in horrror, but when you cover the wazlls with all sorts of crap it tones it down a bit. I'm trying to figure out where to put my minis...my pantry is a cherry red color. I love it. My daughter painted her room sort of a periwinkle blue, it is very pretty. I painted my son's room green, big surprise there. and my little bedroom is a slightly obnoxious pale yellowish GREEN. When we tore down the shed connecting the house to the barn and had an addition built, I have a big studio upstairs with a sewing area at one end. The ceilings are fifteen feet high at the high points and the walls are tongue and groove board. I bet you are wondering what coolor I painted it??? Kathie, I bet you can guess..
GREEN, but not just any green, I hunted through books and mags with pictures of houses I liked in them and I picked the green from a Scottish cottage, I took the book to the paint store, and took the paint samples outside to see what looked right to me, and then I had the ceiling painted....wait for it....BLue, the same as the trim color in the picture. I love it and someday when I get it cleaned up a bit, don't wait for that...I'll post a picture. Oh yes, when we moved into this house, which was my mother's it was pale yellow with white trim. No longer, it is a lovely that's right grass green with black trim and raspberry colored doors. I love it because the winters are soooooo long here, kind of like this post, sorry, I just had such fun reading about all yr rooms and colors, etc. I'll stop now. Isn't Kathie's kitchen fabulous, I love all the copper thingys, especially that squirrel, and the mini apron tree and all the other stuff. She knows how to decorate! Ok, I'll really stop now...Karin

P.S. Bought ribbon and fake jewels for the mini aprons today, I just couldn't stop myself.....

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9372 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9372 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  6:29:12 PM  Show Profile
Love your copper collection Kathie and that looks kind of like a peachy color to me. I still have a section to paint but not tonight. It is hard to see well in there with just the lamps. Anyway, I'm tired of painting and I'm heading up to do some reading. See you all tomorrow.

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  8:35:34 PM  Show Profile
g'nite!

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  04:25:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hah, Jess......you were right!!! Those *&%($*&$&^ minis are finished!!! Thanks for the guilt trip, Kathie. Kidding. They are tiny as always...I was going to save a little time and iron my trim on with sticky stuff....melted the trim. HA!!!! Cursed a little.....started sewing like a fiend.....DONE!

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  04:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I got my mini's done. I made 13 of them and Jess/Carmen will do the 12.
I just didn't want 25 of them.
I may make the total of patriotic though. I could give some away this time.
As they sit on my table I'm thinking of mailing them...LOL

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  04:36:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Kathie....our farmhouse kitchen came with Mexican clay tile floor and counters...but previous owners did it in French Country Wallpaper....flowers in blue and yellow. After a few years I got tired of that and decided to change it to a Mexican Cantina. I also used stuff on my walls to make it feel like stucco and painted them....sort of peach/yellow/orange paint/glaze combination. Looks Mexican and is very LOUD!!!! Then I just had to stencil huge cactuses growing up the walls (oh yea and a road runner by one of the cactuses) in a couple locations and stencilled bright blue shutters around the windows....pretty wild and crazy but I love it. Paint is great....if you are changeable like me, you can start over any number of times and have a whole new look.

I used to change furniture around in my earlier years...now we live in a place that has so many windows, there isn't much room for furniture moving...so when I get tired of things, I repaint and change the color. My bedroom has been 3 colors in 5 years. I think I have finally found the one that will stay for a while! Funny thing is....there is a huge armoire that I cannot move....it is still the original color on a stripe behind it that the roller cound not reach. (who's gonna see it?)

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  11:32:18 AM  Show Profile
LOL!! @ the armoire's hidden secret.

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html SOAP
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  11:39:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh BEV!! For Shame!!! i do the SAME Dang Thing!!!
If i can't Reach it!! I don't Paint it! So many pieces of furniture I have lately seems to have become permantantly stationed! Because they are Heavy.. & i HATE this.. because I LOVE to move the furniture around..& Fairly regularly too!

I Love the sounds of your Tiled Floor.. Is it..(sp) Salitillo tile?
Thats not the easiest stuff to lay is it.. I did in front of a fireplace & a foyer in that once.. (Yes.. by myself of course.. Ya didn't think HE was going to help me.. did you??? ) No.. NO imagination!
Glad your Mini's are done.I suppose I need to get Grackin' on mine now! (HA HA!!)

Karin.. in your describing your paint.. i just had De Ja Vue' !!!
Mr. Blandings Builds a Dreams House! That or.. the Money Pit.. same thing really.. But in the old Version.. do you remember the line when she's trying to describe her color choices to the painter.. ?
"Blue.. but Not Just a Plain blue.. more of a Robin's Egg Blue.."
Love it!!

I Always thought I would LOVE to have an old Barn & renovate it into this Massive House!! Lovely!!!

Thanks! Glad you like the Copper too Denise.. i think I'm addicted.. I can't stop now! You should see the rest of it.. I'm running out of places to stick it!!

& Bonne!! STOP THAT!! Flaps Indeed!!

For Pete's Sakes!!! Is THAT IT!! Is THAT WHY I CARRY ALL THESE DANG GHOSTS WITH ME EVERYWHERE I MOVE TO??? They have NO way OUT???

WHY!!!! DOES NO ONE TELL ME THESE THINGS!!
All this time I thought they were attached to ME or my Furniture.. or some stupid old peice of Jewelry or something!!

House Flaps!!

Shut up!!!

your Lying..!

Edited by - Kathie on May 02 2008 11:41:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  2:46:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hat to tell you Kathie...I have heard of that before, too!...house flaps!

The tile floor is red clay tile...don't know what it is called...but one tile has a cute little doggie pawprint in it and across the way is one other tile that has a little kittie print in it! AWWWWWWWWWWW!

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  06:53:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh Goash.. ! yes.. THAT's The tile.. i LOVe this! SO cool!
i would do that again.. ! i love the look! & it feels great underfoot too!

ok.. so if i start adding flaps to my house for some retarded reason for NOTHING.. I'm really going to kick Someone's butt if this is a joke!

On my way out the door now with the Sawsall.. & then I'll head to the Truck stop to pick up a few of those snazzy mudd flaps with the ladys posing on em i suppose.. huh? think that will work..?

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  07:25:37 AM  Show Profile
ha ha ha...have fun kathie

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  08:50:00 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Kathie, I think those ladies are NEKEED on the mud flaps! ?

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  08:51:54 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on May 03 2008 08:58:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  09:33:33 AM  Show Profile
and way too thin in the waist

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  1:32:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Neked Barbie Dolls.....too thin in waist....too big in chest! Gives us regular gals a complex!

Mailing minis on Monday! YAY!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 04 2008 :  08:31:45 AM  Show Profile
well.. I don't theink I've seen em in Large Marge size...?
Ok.. well i suppose I'll have to settle for the Yosemite Sam ones then..

God.. You know what i realised is SO very scary.. is that i KNOW this crap..
Sort of a.. "You MIGHT be a Red Neck if.." Moment.. huh?
Wow.. Was THAT a rude awakeing...!!!
So all this time.. the Lady's Teas that we've been having with Potted Meat & Vienna Sausages.. served with Orange Circus Peanut Candies.. & Canded Biscuits stuffed with Velveta Cheese .. Washing it down with Kool Aide Brand Lemonade with a drop of red food coloring to LOOK like Pink Lemonade to save a dime.. & Banana & Rootbeer Popcicles for desert,
Has all been a fasade!..

Man.. I think I may have to go llay down for a moment girls to let this soak in..

ok.. i'll give you a Mail Call update 1st.. Because we got some LOVELY little Packages in the mail yesterday!!

1st We Have Our Sweet Deb.. (Debinmnts) I think this is Deb's 1st time doing the Mini's!
& I have to tell ya Girls! Wow.. PERFECT little Stitches!!!!
BUT.. NOTHING Screams Spring.. Like Strawberries!!!! Loads of em! We each get our own little Mini Patch of Strawberries!! She's made us identical Strawberry Mini's!!
Love These Deb!!!

AND we have Jennifer's (Jennifer Juniper) That came in yesterday too!
Girls! This little Pumpkin just out does herself.. AMAZING!
ok.. EACH one is different & more original then they other,, she has like 3 layers of bits on each Mini! The Apron itself.. the Lace.. & My Fav.. the Rick Rack!!! AND she Hand Stitches SO much of this on.. THEN the little Smartie Pants HAND stitches a Pocket on every single one!
oh.. AND then of course she HAS to give us each a note in the pocket.. & a coordinating Ribbon for a waste band!! Jen.. You manage to go above & beyond Girl!! APPLAUSE!!!

Love these Girls!!

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 04 2008 :  08:44:45 AM  Show Profile
I wonder how Hurricane Proof Flaps are? What do you think the Wind rating is?

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 04 2008 :  08:53:44 AM  Show Profile
kathie...you are an individual! So glad you are here with us!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9372 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9372 Posts

Posted - May 04 2008 :  3:07:15 PM  Show Profile
Kathie,
Where do you find all the copper things. Wow those minis are sounding adorable. Hope I can measure up. My first ones were kinda plain and so I'm trying to embellish a bit on these.

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  1:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
put mine in the mail today! They are "different"

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  9:38:17 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I really tried to get these in on time, but I must have a "mini time limit" curse! Had them all ready to go on Friday, and realized that I didn't have Kathie's address (I packed the last minis with the address!) And didn't have computer access over the weekend; so can someone help me out and send me the address? Actually I almost have it memorized by now, but still need some help!! As soon as I get it, they're in the mail I promise-
Audrina
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring/Garden Mini Apron Swap Sign-Up,Now Closed.. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page