Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Spring/Garden Mini Apron Swap Sign-Up,Now Closed..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring/Garden Mini Apron Swap Sign-Up,Now Closed.. Next Topic
Page: of 18

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  7:21:53 PM  Show Profile
Hey I am just glad to be back at my sewing machine. Now it is too darn hot. Can you believe this almost 80, eeehhhhh gads. Nope hasn't been snow for a bit, none that has stuck for over a month. Shhhhh, but they are still snowing at Silver Mountain, it looks like they still may be able to ski Memorial day weekend. How is that for nuts!!!!!! Want to cool down, go ski in the snow!!!!!

off to sewing again, I am liking this, Teresa is down again tonight later when the grand girls are asleep and of coarse little Caleb hangs out in the sewing room with us, along with the 2 kitties who seem to think the dang minis are theres. They sit on my material, they sit int the box where everything is accumulated, they sit watching the needle on my sewing machine going up and down, they sit on my lap or on my shoulders, ya think they loke us or something!!!!!!! Geeeezzzz I hope none of your are allergic to cats, seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, the sewing machine is a callin......lol

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  12:48:26 AM  Show Profile
alright...i finished my 25 tonight and will get those sent out ASAP...
fun fun...

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  07:00:06 AM  Show Profile
Cool Naomi! Can't Wait to see them!

These are REALLY so sweet girls !~
Your going to love how Cheerful they all are!
I can't WAIT to get these switched out on the tree!! I still have my Western Mini's up there you know..!

Linda I think I may have told you once.. I used to be on Neurontin too.
(I know I told Carol Sue..) But I was for over 2 years! Literally saved my life I think! With out a Doubt the very best thing I had ever tried!
I was in a Wheelchair up until then for nearly a year!
The Pain was so overwhelming!
But with this i was finally able to get some relief.. & my muscles & nerve pain subsided.. & finally had a surgery that ended up working..
& now I can function..

Well .. Ok.. KATHIE type Functioning anyway!!!

So.. I'm ALL about drugs that work!!

Kathie.. Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself"..
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  09:51:09 AM  Show Profile
I have had great relief from fibro pain with neurontin , haven't noticed any annoying side effects, but I am so grateful to be able to function most days/ A friend of mine who battles fibro went to a pain clinic last week, The doctor was so snotty to her, and told her she didn't need any pain meds, that her brain just made her think she felt so bad, etc. Poor Carol, she just burst into tears. The #*%hole doctor was so rude, he wouldn't listen to anything she said. Didn't bother to ask about her sympetoms, just looked at her chart and said "WELL I WOULDN'T HAVE PRESCRIBED ANY OF THESE FOR YOU. " And then told her that pain clinics don't let you have any pain pills, they want you to think away your pain. And that sure as hell doesn't happen if you have fibromyalgia. Since it is a condition usually affecting women, I have founfd most male doctors just think you're whining or making it up. I was fortunate to be diagnosed with it by an orthopedist whose sife suffered from it as well, so he knew it was a rela condition. I finally got my doctoer to give me more pain pills a couple of months ago, and it has been a terrific help to me. it allows me to take a pain pill whe I need one, and to garden again, etc. I'm with Kathie I'm All about drugs that work as well. WSorry for the rant, i just got so tired of hearing doctors say to me, things like perhaps you are imagining this or, my all time favorite "You certainly have a lot of complaints for someone who doesn't do very much. Now if you were a lobsterman, hauling traps..." Nothing like being dismissed for being female,,,Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  10:23:24 AM  Show Profile
Stupid little men!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  10:27:42 AM  Show Profile
argh...that just happened to my sister...gosh she is on this thread..oh I guess it is okay...she wanted some help with feeling overwhelmed and anxious and the doc blew her off and told her to come bakc in 3 months and she would probably have fixed whatever was causing it by then....her husband was leaving for more than a freakin year to be in Iraq...sounds like maybe a good reason to me...men docs suck at listening to women.

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  3:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Karin, so sorry to hear about your friend. I only get a woman doctor if I possibly can. Pain of any sort should be taken seriously and the right doctors do. I believe in meds/drugs too! They were created/invented for a reason. I try to limit the meds I take but really appreciate what works for me and for Danny boy, my son.

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  10:10:03 PM  Show Profile
Geeeeezzzzz, Jess, did someone smack the snot out of him. She may have a form of anxiety and may need help while here husband is gone. Teresa takes a med for anxiety and she is so helped by it. Night and day.

Yep, I got the med that I needed becasue I asked about it and because of you dear farmgirls talking about it and gettting "b****" to be heard. I hate that you have to get that way to be paid attention to for pete's sake. That is ridiculous.
Thanks for each of you for your comfort and being there, it means more than you girls have known.

Jess, help her find another doc cuase she may struggle while her husband is gone. And Lord knows she deserves to have some relief while her husband is gone.

Will be mailing ours off on Tuesday. Can you belive this one, I darn well forgot that Teresa has oral surgery on Monday early in the morning and yours truly is her driver and Papa, dh, and I are on kid duty for the day. Ahhhhh such a hardship....hahahaha
But will be giving her support that is for sure. So mailed on Tuesday girls and almost done. Yippeee skippeee, took me long enough but yeah almost there.

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 18 2008 :  9:27:31 PM  Show Profile
No News.. No Mail..Just some Lonely Mini's waiting on their Sisters here..!!
I'd say we are better then Half Way now.. I just finished that last of mine tonight..
Ya'd never think of black as a spring color really.. But that's what I went with..
But then.. Yes.. of course.. It ME we're talking about then isn't it??

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

Edited by - Kathie on May 18 2008 9:32:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  12:44:05 AM  Show Profile
How can there be minis arriving on Sunday? I was just curious? Yes, it is late, yes, my touchie should be in bed, no I am not done, was going to try and finish but the little waistbands will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon. Can't keep my dang eyes open.....suppose to be up early.....oh my, the uglies may be showing up in the morning, yes that would mean I am not the early morning person in this house....ahhhhhh
LOL

Kathie, good blogging girl!!!!

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  05:38:52 AM  Show Profile
Just letting you know that there hadn't been any that had arrived LATELY!!
Meaning No NEW news!! Smartie Pants!

Letting you know that I was still here in town with the Mini's & that we hadn't skipped Town to Tiajauna ! (Hmmmmm How do you spell that?) Oh well.. I'm here..No there.. so I reckon it really doesn't matter really anyway.. does it?

Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  08:59:13 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, yeah, I know...I'll get mine finished up. So sorry...guess I owe ya some yoyos! :-)

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

groovy stuff 2 buy...http://www.alittlesplurge.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  09:37:34 AM  Show Profile
Tijuana, isn't that where my BIL picks up hookers?? just kiddin' ....maybe. LOL
You don't wanna go there Kathie, think South Seas or something better.

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html SOAP
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  10:14:53 AM  Show Profile
gonna get my minis shipped out today! i know..i know...finally!
I feel bad....yikes...I'm always early! ack...anyways, they should be in your mailbox by the end of the week.

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  11:39:40 AM  Show Profile
Hey Kathie Is it time to sign up for the patriotic minis??????? I can hardly wait for my black spring mini....Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  12:04:40 AM  Show Profile
This day did not go as planned, now why should I not be surprized by that. My meds this morning dizziner than pllh, so dh eneded up taking daugher and I took the watching the kids. She was home 3 hours later and got her out of the car and onto my couch. She is doing well and thankfully the teeth came out easily. Tonight she looks like a major chipmunk. Following the directions but this may take a bit longer. Needless to say, I didn't get to sew on my dern waistbands. So praying that it settles a bit more here and I can finish. Darn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know stop my stinkin bellyachin. I think this girl is just plain tired!!!! LOL
Thanks for listening.
cs

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  07:29:37 AM  Show Profile
Yep.. we'll do the Patriotic Sign up real soon.. I'll wait till we get a few more of the Spring one's in still..

Nash your Fine Pumpkin!!
I think your OVER paid in Yo-Yo's actually!! for this one & probably Next one too if your late.. besides.. it's NOT really considered late when there are SO many others still floating around out there! It's only when your the last hold out!!! (Which you never are!!!)

Love ya Girls!!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  07:51:08 AM  Show Profile
of course she is not ever last...that is my freakin role in this whole mini apron parade!

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  08:40:39 AM  Show Profile
Well It's a REALLY Tough Job jess.. & SOMEONE Has to do it!!
So it just may as well be you!!!

No one is going to steal your Crown Puddin'!!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  08:43:19 AM  Show Profile
oh good...oh but wait I dont think I was last on the last one. I will have to try harder this time.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9372 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9372 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  09:18:54 AM  Show Profile
Kathie,
Just letting you know I'm over halfway done. Done finishing up some waistbands and embellishments. I am really going to try to get them finished up today and get them out to you.
Thanks for being patient girls.

Denise

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  09:21:22 AM  Show Profile
oh we are all friendly swappers, don't fret Denise.

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  5:10:52 PM  Show Profile
No frettin Denise, you have your plate full too as a lot of us do for some reason right now. We are a workin on the waistbands but this girl has got to go take a nap and hit it again. My eyes keep creepin in the down position and don't won't to go up!!!!

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  11:19:41 PM  Show Profile
hehehe this girl is aaah sewing on pain killers and i have the chipmunk cheeks to match my pain level. but the minis are really darn cute i only have to put the waistbands on twenty more and i will be done and pooped out. this healing business is just plain tiring. so i nap alot but all is well for this chipmunk at the moment and thanks for letting me fill in the gap. sorry if i am rambling and dont make a lot of sense.

lavendar girl
http://lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 21 2008 :  09:26:51 AM  Show Profile
Dang! Wish we had Pics of you when you strolled out of the Dentists office!

Now THAT would have been a true Kodak Moment!!!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring/Garden Mini Apron Swap Sign-Up,Now Closed.. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page