Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Spring/Garden Mini Apron Swap Sign-Up,Now Closed..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring/Garden Mini Apron Swap Sign-Up,Now Closed.. Next Topic
Page: of 18

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  06:57:17 AM  Show Profile
great doll Kathie.....and your puppy...she reminds me of my neighbors dog...argh...better make her be a sweetie.

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  07:00:21 AM  Show Profile
No.. she has a mind of her own.. Rotten to the core I'm afraid..
BUT! She's not a great big Boxer like your Neighbor's.. She's just a little Pug/Boston Terrier Mix.. remember..? so she can't reak too much havock! At least she won't be able to get in to any ones garbage cans.. She won't be able to reach them!!!

Kathie.. Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself"..
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  09:04:22 AM  Show Profile
AWWWW such cuties, both your daughter and your new baby!!! You all have such beautiful silky hair!

I wanted to let everyone know that all that are involved with the mini-aprons, well, your handiwork is being shown off regularly at the nursing home my MIL lives. We put up a holiday tree for her and the mini apron garland is draped around it ~ changing with the holidays. It's WESTERN right now and she just loves it and gets soooo many comments from the staff and visitors. You all are doing a good thing far and wide. Thanks a bunch! ;)

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html SOAP

Edited by - Bonne on May 13 2008 09:05:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  09:34:34 AM  Show Profile
AWWW BONNE!!

I am SO Glad your Doing That!
THIS is exactly how the Mini's all evolved of Course.. to stretch our Apron Strings out to reach everyone & tie us all up together & for who ever may be needing a big Hug & embrace!

I LOVE that you've done this!
Bravo to you Sister Lou!!

Take a Bow for Spreading the Mini Apron Sister's Love & Cheer!

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  12:04:57 AM  Show Profile
I love the pictures of your and your daughter, that doll is darn scary and your puppy is the bomb girl. Mischieous trouble, don't we all need some of that.

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9372 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9372 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  03:35:52 AM  Show Profile
Such sweet pictures Kathie. OM gosh your dog is adorable. She's got that terrier look in her eye. I have a Boston and hope yours is a calm one. Mine is 5 1/2 and she isn't calm yet. She's not to bad but she still pees on the floor when she gets upset with anyone here. She did that a lot when I started my part time job. temperMENTAL if you ask me!

Denise

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9372 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9372 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  03:37:28 AM  Show Profile
My daughter has been helping me get those minis going so I should be finished up soon and have them on their way.
How's it going Carol Sue? New meds helped any yet

Denise

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  06:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Jay and Annie are both adorable, Kathie...but Annie definitely looks like she has an attitude! So, is this doll the newest release from American Girl??? LOL!!!!

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  06:47:44 AM  Show Profile
okay I am off to make beds and do laundry and floors, pouring down rain so no gardening this afternoon, how about sewing...sounds good to me...I will sew this afternoon.

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  07:16:18 AM  Show Profile
Yeah.. The living Dead American Girl Collection!!!

Yes.. Annie is a true little Brat!
She finally winds down about 11pm! & passes out with me on the couch..
She wants to get up there with me about 10 or so & wants to romp around for a half hour or so.. i have to threathen to put her down 3 or 4 times before she finally settles down & falls asleep in the crook of my knees..

I painted her toenails this weekend.. Butch got mad at me.. but I had done mine & she kept noticing them! she was so intersted in it all.. probably the fumes I'm thinking now looking back.. that I decided to do hers.. she thought she was hot stuff though.. I've made her a Tu-Tu.. i'll have to get a picture of it.. She's hilarious..
She flops around like she possessed til she gets it off.. I keep hoping eventually she'll get used to wearing it she'll let me dress her up in more stupid cloths.. I thing it suites her!
Pearl the Chihauhua hates her guts.. & flips out on her regularly.. But Annie doesn't care.. she just continues to screw with her....
Butch bought Pearl for me when I got sick about 5 years ago.. he thought she would be nice company for me.. She laid in bed with me for about a month.. then she decided she liked him better! & he felt so badly about it.. That he went out & bought ANOTHER one!! His name is Bruno..! Bruno looks like this Minuature Rottwieler.. & acts like one too.. He doesn't seem to know that he's only 8 inches tall! He stayed in bed with me pretty well for awhile.. not as calm as Pearl was though & he kept pissing on the Quilt.. so I had to kick him out!
Pearl hates him too because he's a Pervert..
She tolerates Jake the Old German Shepard.. But her Best friend is Odie.. my Old Mini Border Collie Mix.. Odie is missing several Brain cells..
Not qite sure what happened to him in the womb.. but he's just not all there.. he was kicked too many times by horses for one thing.. so he has these.. siezure episodes.. which is a bizarre thing to witness.. He just seizes up really.. lasts about 2 or 3 minutes... Not at all unlike Bev's Fainting Goats actually.. in watchinmg her Video's..! then he forgets all about it & goes on his silly little merry way.. he's now become blind in one eye.. He really is a mess.. & it hasn't yet hit him that he's NOT a puppy still! i haven't the heart to tell him either! so he keeps trying to do dumb clown tricks.. which is sad really to witness an old man behave like a kid.. I wonder if it's midlife crisis in Dogs or something..
Now Jake.. Well shoot.. he's just gone comepletley senile.. I think I told you all this though.. I'll hand him a huge Ham Bone & watch him bury it.. Then ask him where his bone is.. & he'll say "Bone..? What Bone..? What are you talking about woman? Did you give me a Bone??" & look around at the other dogs like I'VE lost MY mind..!
So Pearl Hates Annie.. Bruno Ignores her.. but if she keeps antagonizes him.. he flips out on her too.. Jake I'm not sure has really even noticed her.. every once in awhile I here a very low growl coming from him & she's backing out from under neath the coffee table away from him.. So he isn't mean to her.. he just doesn't want her over there climbing on him.. & i think since she's a bit intimidated by his size.. she stears clear of him.. But she torments Odie from the moment she's released from the sewing room!
(Which now has this lingering smell of a Vagarant I'll have you know..)
She climbs, jumbs, crawls bites & chews on this poor man relentlesly!
She grabs onto his tail & ski's through the living room.. She wants him to carry her around as she hangs on to his ears..
She does these relays in the morning or when ever she is 1st repreived .. & dashes out through the living room & around the dining room into the Kitchen & makes a full circle back around a few times more before she decides who she'll go visit with 1st!
When she does decide she's coming back around.. she does what i now call her Tom Cruise move.. She slides side ways.. for about 4 feet.. then comes back again.. Risky business!

She really is a wild woman..!
Loads of Fun.. But really it's a shame that none of the other Dogs will put up with her nonsense.. They just don't know how to have a good time..
Odie is the only one that at ALL will tolerate her.. & thats only in moderation.. & HE is teaching her bad habits.. Currently they are tunneling to China.. If i step into another hole from him.. I am going to string this little man up!!

So.. Yes.. Annie is great..
Attitude abounds though Girls.. as you can see!

Denise your fine.. Look how many are still out there.! we're good woman.. Nice friendly swapping here Girl!

Edited by - Kathie on May 14 2008 07:16:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  07:18:26 AM  Show Profile
Here's where we are as of today.. I don't THINK i'm missing anyone..
If I am.. Be sure & let me know please!!

1. Kathie
2. Grace (Katmom) Arrived 02/21/08
3. Bonne Arrived 02/27/08
4. Jess (Smoothiejuice)
5. Carmen Arrived 04/04/08
6. Karin (Electricdunce)Arrived 05/10/08
7. Linda (Yarnmamma) Arrived 05/07/08 (Halfset)
8. Audrina (Farmgirlwannabe) Arrived 05/09/08
9. Karin 2nd Set(Electricdunce) Arrived 05/10/08
10. Bev (Bee Haven Maven) Arrived 05/09/08
11. Sarah (Scgwagner)
12. Carol Sue
13. Cheryl (CW246)
14. Rose (J)
15. Clarabell (K) Arrived 05/01/08
16. Nashbabe
17. Debi (Debinmntns) Arrived 05/03/08
18. Sissy (Sissyquilts)
19. Cheryl Arrived 04/17/08
20. Naomi Michelle
21. Jennifer (Jenniferjuniper) Arrived 05/03/08
22. Denise (Levisgrammy)
23. Shirlane C
24. Teresa (Lavenderfieldsdreamer)

Edited by - Kathie on May 15 2008 07:10:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  07:35:15 AM  Show Profile
looks great pkgs from indiana will ship this week. sarahs are cute.

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  07:45:24 AM  Show Profile
Yippee!!!

I think I'm about half way done with my own too..!

yes.. I'm quite the slacker this time around too.. & Ihad decided to go nice & easy this time & not go over board.. Probably why I'm so late.. because i DID make them so easy.. i Know i could finish them in one nite if I had too! I'm so dumb.. try to kid myself ya know!

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  2:53:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh my god, all those pictures, you and Jen look beautiful, Annie of course is the bomb, but i love your doll.
What a hoot! What a great gift....Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  3:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for showing us the pics. Now I can see what ya look like. That's a beautiful girl you have too. Doggie is cute too.....you know you like bratty things...LOL
The doll is really "strange", but I love dolls of all kinds.

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  3:50:11 PM  Show Profile
I've got mine all hemmed, I'll get the waistbands on them tonight and send them on their merry little way as soon as possible....:D

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  8:27:36 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls,

Denise, believe it or not the Nuerontin has allowed me to wake up 2 mornings in a row without excrucating pain. Now can we shout Hallujah girls. That hasn't happened in almost 2 years. Thanks for each one of you who pushed me and said ask for this. Dh said my attitude is 180 difference and my dd said I am finally perky. I feel better, still pain but hey I will take any help I can get and Kathie and Clare and my nurse practioner said it will take a bit for it to get full strentgh. I am so happy for 2 mornings of waking up with so much less pain. Makes me want to cry. Silly I know but ohh so true.

Getting there with those minis,
Kathie, Teresa wants to know if she can step into number 24, she already has cut out and will be sewing with me tonight if that is okay.
Hey I am not the only one with being slower than molassees. Thank you ladies!!!!!!!

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  8:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Kathie thank you for letting me bow out. I will now go back to my loner cave and hide out.

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Rich or Poor, It Dont matter We're all the same everybodys hungry in a different way....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

www.justanotherhousewife.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  8:49:12 PM  Show Profile
oh yay! teresa is sewing!

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  11:28:58 PM  Show Profile
Kathie we will take the other set that needs done cause this mother daughter team has hit their stride....lol so we are back to 25 girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

lavendar girl
http://lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  12:36:37 AM  Show Profile
haha mom was on mine and didnt know it lol both additional sets are cut out and trimings picked and should be sewn by sunday cause things dont always go as planned with a baby around. i sooooo forgot to do something today but oh well life does go on.

lavendar girl
http://lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  07:08:59 AM  Show Profile
Ok Cool.. Teresa will slide into 24 then.. & our 25th one is for our Gracious Queen Bee as we always do! Sop we are back in at 24 girls on the list.. sewing 25 mini's then.. Perfect! Thanks Teresa & Carol Sue..!

& Amanda.. Drag your rump out of that Cave & into the sun light woman!
Your not going to feel better sitting inside Pumpkin! You need some fresh air.. So wrap up in something.. & go sit outside & soak up some rays like a nice little Iguana! We'll see you soon Baby..
Take care of yourself & the Kiddo's!

Ok.. I am SOOooo close to having mine finished! All I need to do now is my embelishments!! & Ta Da!! I will be Finito!

Linda your Right.. I am drawn to the Brattier things in life..
there could be a room full of little kids.. One little Smart Alec.. & that will be the one I buddy up with! says alot about me I'm sure..!
My favorite Nieces & Nephews (YES!! i HAVE FAVORITES!)
are the Cocky little Sh!ts! But then.. PROBABLY why I love all of you so dearly too!!!

My Daughter is my youngest child.. She'll be 27 years old this summer..
Such a Baby!! My Girl!! Thanks Karin & Linda.. She is a trip.. so much fun.. My Doll was from her actually! Nice fitting Mother's day gift for me I thought! She said she tried to find one that looked most like her.. !

Edited by - Kathie on May 15 2008 07:11:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  07:37:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Carol Sue....so glad you are feeling better!!!! YAY!!! Just in time for the sun to shine in Spokane!! You ARE finally out from under the snow, afterall,right?

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  09:34:21 AM  Show Profile
CS ~ hope you have a bazillion more happy mornings!! Give your daughter big hugs for
taking up the mini slack! ;)

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html SOAP
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  1:58:58 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Carol Sue...nice to see you with us.
I took Neurontin before and I slept alot. I think also sweat alot. In time I developed an eye tick...nerve shaking in my eye, and switched meds. I don't know if it helped me or not. I took it for mood swings.
I am soooo glad that you feel better.

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring/Garden Mini Apron Swap Sign-Up,Now Closed.. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page