Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Keeping energy throughout the day..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Keeping energy throughout the day.. Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2008 :  8:55:18 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I can't do caffeine and I have learned to slow down a bit. If I take a nap, I end up taking 2-3 hour sleeps, which just messes me up. I have tried vitamins to no avail. I think what I eat really affects me, so what are your food that give you energy all day long? How do you make it through the day? Are you a scheduled person or just go through randomly? Which works best for you?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  06:47:09 AM  Show Profile
I do like to drink lots of water and I throw in some Emergen C!! I take a walk for a pick me up or play some really fun dance music! when all else fails-I take a nap!!! Hugs!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  09:18:48 AM  Show Profile
Less simple carbs, more complex carbs, protein, etc.

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

groovy stuff 2 buy...http://www.alittlesplurge.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  09:59:29 AM  Show Profile
Exercise, I know it sounds the opposite, but start walking every morning or as many mornings as you can...over a few days/weeks the energy will build up, and carry you through the day.

Sleep, make sure you are getting enough each night.

Diet, no, not that four-letter word! I mean, what you eat; not too much at any single sitting, and back off the carbs, they just slow you down.

Good luck with this!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  10:37:07 AM  Show Profile
I don't feel as run down as long as I keep up on my water intake.
Of course I never get enough sleep at night, but that is self inflicted. I am a night owl.

If I feel a little worn out after work or on the weekends, I will set the timer and take a cat nap for 20-30 minutes. It is just enough to recharge the proverbial batteries.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland

Edited by - kissmekate on Mar 21 2008 10:40:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  1:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
water, exercise, energy bar, fruit, i like milk to fill me up and pick me up

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://ligonierfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  3:01:52 PM  Show Profile
Vitamins in pill form do not do a lot of good. Your body will not digest them properly and therefore you do not get all of the goodies they offer.
I have suffered for years from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. I drink LOTs of water and take Source of Life. It is a liquid vitamin with tons of vitamin B's. I also take a liquid vile of bee pollen and ginseng every day(at any health food store) This along with lots of fresh fruits and veggies keeps me going. I am a sales and marketing director in my day job - own and operate a small farm business - free lance writer AND mother of 5 grandmother of 6...
The Souce of Life is the BOMB !

small farms give big benefits
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  03:43:58 AM  Show Profile
I agree with nashbabe

Protein will help keep you more awake I used to have such a problem with the 9:30 slump. I drink a protein shake for breakfast now.

More (bad) carbs unless you are super active will only make you tired

I used to take naps that included REM sleep and everything. And I'd be up half th night too after that. I do better with 1/2 an hour cat naps. Seems like the phone always rings.

And yes, lots of water and fresh foods, vitamins exercise
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Keeping energy throughout the day.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page