Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  07:45:05 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies, I would like to know why I get a sore throat every time I come home to the farm my husband and I bought. I still have to go into the suburb of Atlanta (Buford, North of the city) to work, until I find something closer. But when I come back to the farm for a few days i feel like I am getting sick all over again. I have had that nasty flu that is going around and it has been one sinus infection after another. I have gone through 3 rounds of antibiotics....Just finished my last one. And then this morning I have a sore throat....Can anyone help and let me know what might be happening....I know it is spring and things are blooming...But this has never happened to me...
thanks
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  12:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Deborah-

It might be a mold infestation somewhere- especially with the warm weather and the winter weather we have just had. Is there someplace a little damp somewhere in your house? Has the dishwasher over flowed or the washer? Are their mold spores in the window tracks? Does your food get moldy unusually fast? These are all signs that there might be mold somewhere. Mold and fungus can attack your throat and if you have your tonsils still you are more likely to get a sore throat.

Also you can develop new allergies at any point in your life. You could be allergic to a new plant or have new allergies. Maybe talk to your doctor about the frequency of your illness and the local. They might suggest allergy testing or just put you on a broad spectrum allergy med. If that doesn't help, it might be all the traveling?

Are you taking a multi-vitamin? If you are getting sick that often, your body might be a bit run down. I would suggest taking a mult-vitamin, as well as echinacea when you feel something coming on. Airborne and Emergen-C are both supplements that I trust when I am run down.

Oh! And one more thing. Sometimes sore throats can be caused by _Sinus Drainage_. If this is what is causing your sore throat (sometimes hard to tell by yourself so you might want to try this just in case) try using a Neti Pot. A Neti Pot uses a saline mixture to wash your frontal nasal passages of microscopic debris, germs, and allergens. I am the most sensitive person I know to water going up my nose, so I was a bit leary of trying this. When I finally convinced myself to try it- I was amazed! I love it now and seriously highly recommend it. No drowning/sneezing/water up the nose feeling. Just a nice warmth from the water and all the nasty junk washed away.

Hope those ideas help give you some avenues to explore.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

Edited by - Alee on Mar 16 2008 12:53:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  6:42:46 PM  Show Profile
Alee, Thanks for all your suggestions. I have been traveling alot. Since we moved to the farm near Rome I am still working in Buford. That is an hour and a half away. So I am staying with my daughter and her family from tuesday night until friday night. I work saturday and drive home saturday after I get finished work. It is really wearing on me. My husband is also missing me. I cant do the things I want at the farm. I havent been taking my vitamins and not using my saline spray like I usually do...being forgetful. I do work at a chiropractors office and we have a D.O. on staff...i can ask him if he could put me on an allergy med....He is a great doc...
thanks
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic sore throat Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page