Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Farmgirl overalls Next Topic
Page: of 4

garliclady
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Reidsville NC
274 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  09:24:32 AM  Show Profile
For working outside on the farm I love to wear mens (several sizes too big) overalls. My favorite brand is pointer. Elastic straps in the back and a zipper front pocket! I wear them so big I can pull them on over pajamas ,shorts and a tee shirt or what ever I am wearing around the house. As soon as I come back in side I pull them off hang them on the coat rack. This way I don't spread dirt all over the house or have to wash overall everyday.

I have been looking for some everyday overall that fit me better and I can wear anywhere. I am going to try some of your suggestions for those.

The Garlic Lady

Cornerstone Garlic Farm http://www.localharvest.org/listing.jsp?id=6792
My Recipes http://recipecircus.com/recipes/garliclady/
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  8:25:09 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
Hey all you overall lovers!
I went thrifting the other day and found TONS of overalls! I was sooo excited because I can't find them new anywhere! I bought four pairs and they're all in nice shape. Just had to let y'all know!

Much love,
Laura
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  1:32:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Laura, it's the ONLY way to go! Glad you found some you liked :)
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

dairygirl87
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Laura Ann
Clarence New York
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2006 :  10:29:12 AM  Show Profile  Send dairygirl87 an AOL message
ReVolt. Im not sure where you can find them anymore because the store that sold them closed down near me. They are sooo soft and sturdy. I also like Key's for coveralls. Fit like magic. I stole them from my Boyfriend. ;) Pre-worn always work best!
-Laura Ann

"No race can prosper until it learns there is as much dignity in tilling a field as there is in writing a poem..."
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2006 :  11:35:20 AM  Show Profile
I read this thread this past Saturday but couldn't remember where it was when I came back to respond, then found it again today! Anyway, you ladies saved me a ton of money. I went to Goodwill (hadn't been since back in November) and got 5 pair of overalls and a pair of Carhart coveralls in great shape for under $29!! I've never had coveralls before and now I'm ready for when we get our place in the country. I'm short, and these are perfect in length when I put my workboots on. I am still excited about my find.

On the other hand, our superintendent told us 2 years ago that we could not wear even dressy (corduray, silky, etc.) overalls any day of the week and no denim overalls on "Jeans Friday", either. He said, and I quote, "Overalls do not look good on anyone." Yep, he's that way. And yep, he's wrong on this one.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  10:57:39 AM  Show Profile

Well you know what? I wore my Pointer striped overalls a couple of times last year, but now I've lost a good bit of weight (YAY!) and can't really see myself in them anymore. They're a size 39, I think, which was my waist size when I ordered them. That's what the helpful lady at the Pointer phone # said to go by when ordering, and she was right -- my then-47" or 49" (I forget) hips fit fine, with enough ease to bend and wiggle very comfortably. I believe the inseam is about 31. I turned the elastic parts of the straps on the back so the red printing on them wouldn't show, but otherwise they're practically in mint condition. If these would fit anyone, how does ten bucks plus postage sound?
Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  2:07:53 PM  Show Profile
well now i am going to have to make another trip to the farm store!!! thanks a lot! when i was a senior (10 yrs ago) i wore a pair with a short shirt under, i can't beleive my mom let me! wish i could still pull that one off!

xoxxo MERRY CHRISTMAS xoxxo
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  3:02:52 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Rosemary, I'd like the overalls if they're still available...I sent you an email.

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16

Edited by - MasterGardener on Dec 14 2007 08:28:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  08:50:05 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MasterGardener

Rosemary, I'd like the overalls if they're still available...I sent you an email.

Great! I've sent you an e-mail.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  5:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/marthas-memories-of-turkey-hill?lnc=1a89cf380e1dd010VgnVCM1000005b09a00aRCRD&rsc=lpg_home¤tslide=15¤tChapter=1&chapterCounter=16&lpgStart=1&adnumber=1#lpg

Yes...even Martha....

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  8:55:25 PM  Show Profile
I remember my first husband, the first time he saw me in overalls (when I was about a size 12) saying...I don't like THOSE!! I knew deep down that he was never going to last. My DH said, when HE first saw me in overalls...boy, those look so comfortable I am going to get some too, and he did..my kind of man!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  8:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
DH LOVES the idea of me in coveralls...he loves his Cowgirl!!!

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Farmgirl overalls Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page