Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members
 demim jackets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic demim jackets Next Topic  

farminmama
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Jen
Florida
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  8:36:45 PM  Show Profile
okay ladies,

where did you get your favorite denim jacket? why is it special? did you own one, or did you buy one, or are you still looking?

Jen
sweetheart to Harley
mama to 3 beautiful angels...^i^ ^i^ ^i^
farmgirl Sister #151

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  04:03:50 AM  Show Profile
Jen,
I got mine at the thrift store. It's special because it has my farmgirl patches on it.

Denise~~

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  3:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
My came from my stepfather. He and my mom split up for a time years ago and I moved back in with my mom to help us both make ends meet. He left it behind in the closet of my room. They got back together after awhile. He noticed I was wearing it and asked for it back. I said "Nope, and the next time you leave, you'll lose more than your shirt." They are still together and I still have the jacket!

FarmGirl Sister #123

Crafty Bay FarmGirls Chapter

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  6:24:07 PM  Show Profile
You are so funny Sherry!!
I got mine as a hand me down from my sis in law..who was going to donate it to the thrift shop since she had two very much alike. It was just like new and just the style I like.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  6:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
I had a great denim jacket for years...then I moved into my hubby's house and could never find it:( Now I'm on the prowl for one again. I gotta get the chapter logo on it and my farmgirl ptatches!! :)

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"A friend is someone who does things that count, but never stops to count them"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Tammy Claxton on Mar 02 2008 6:33:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

farminmama
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Jen
Florida
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  7:26:48 PM  Show Profile
I'm on the lookout myself. Thrift stores, garage sales, that sort of thing. I had one years ago too. After 3 babies, the shapes of things changed. :-) So, I got rid of alot of stuff that didn't fit anymore. I do hope I will fnd just what I'm looking for.

Jen
sweetheart to Harley
mama to 3 beautiful angels...^i^ ^i^ ^i^
farmgirl Sister #151
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  04:33:14 AM  Show Profile
I got both mine on clearance at wal mart for 2 bucks. and i love them cause i have cats all over them that i designed .

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  05:16:25 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I got a new one on sale at K mart...for 10 dollars...I am waiting for warmer weather to wear it. I'm also moving my farmgirl patch from a shirt onto the jacket. It's not too heavy and comfy that way.

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  07:51:39 AM  Show Profile
I got mine at Goodwill - nice and broken in!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

sharikrsna
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Shari
Carthage Illinois
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  5:30:25 PM  Show Profile
Mine was my Dad's back in the fifties! It has the capital E in the Levi's logo, that's how old it is, and battery acid holes in the sleeve from when he worked on his hot rods! Now it's all girlified with eyelet edging on the sleeves. Don't know if I should darn the holes or leave them. What do you guys think?

Shari
Farmgirl Sister #607
Go to Top of Page

Pinkyatmoosehollowfarm
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Josephine
Albany New Hampshire
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  06:52:40 AM  Show Profile
I have a denim jacket that I bought at Old Navy when I worked there, it was in the clearance rack and with my discount I paid $3.98, I then took some Coral/pink fabric and pinkified it up for myself. My camera just broke,but I'll get some photos some time. I just joined so I haven't gotten my badge yet. I'll probably make it a pin, because I also have a pink winter denim jacket that has a fake shearling lining. It's great for fall and spring. Winter up here means 10-12 feet of snow so I have to wear multiple layers of fleece and down jackets.

Josephine/Pinky
The Sewing Room at Moose Hollow Farm, NH
Farmgirl Sister 633

Pink is not just a color...it's an attitude!
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  07:01:31 AM  Show Profile
I bought my favorite at Walmart about twelve years ago. It's wore out now. I need to patch it and I just wear around here to work in. I have new ones but don't really like them as much. I think it is because they are shorter. I'm tall and would like to hide my hiney a little more. I'll have to get serious and find one I like for this winter because they become like my uniform, I just love them.

Sharlet
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  08:05:44 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I bought mine from Eddie Bauer and J. Jill..yes I have 2. They have sizes for Tall and they fit my arms really well.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

sharikrsna
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Shari
Carthage Illinois
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  08:32:06 AM  Show Profile
I just love all shades of pink too! My badge has pink gingham and lace all around it! And I made it into a pin as well, because I have four denim jackets , and also want to maybe put it on my aprons too! Can't wait to see your pictures!
quote:
Originally posted by Pinkyatmoosehollowfarm

I have a denim jacket that I bought at Old Navy when I worked there, it was in the clearance rack and with my discount I paid $3.98, I then took some Coral/pink fabric and pinkified it up for myself. My camera just broke,but I'll get some photos some time. I just joined so I haven't gotten my badge yet. I'll probably make it a pin, because I also have a pink winter denim jacket that has a fake shearling lining. It's great for fall and spring. Winter up here means 10-12 feet of snow so I have to wear multiple layers of fleece and down jackets.

Josephine/Pinky
The Sewing Room at Moose Hollow Farm, NH
Farmgirl Sister 633

Pink is not just a color...it's an attitude!

Shari
Farmgirl Sister #607
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  11:57:35 AM  Show Profile
I actually have two. My favorite one is worn and comfy and was my hubbys. He had it when we got married 27 years ago. The collar is all worn out and one of these days I will do something crafty to it. I like wearing it when I miss him and need a hug.
I bought a new one from Old Navy. I love old vintage pins and often wear one on my jacktet to dress it up.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  6:14:21 PM  Show Profile
This is my jacket. It is a men's jacket, but I got it on clearance at Tractor Supply for $4. I dolled it up with some lace and ruffles, and I painted the brass buttons with red nail polish and added some Wite-Out polka-dots, then covered them with several layers of clear nail polish.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  06:37:10 AM  Show Profile
My husband has several pairs of work jeans that have probably been patched to their end. So I've decided to make a denim jacket out of his old jeans. This ought to be a challenging project, but I'm looking forward to it!

Farmgirl # 639
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  7:48:04 PM  Show Profile
I have two denim jackets. One is well worn light blue denim the other is a new on I bought to wear to the dude ranch my husband and I went to for our 45th wedding anniversary. Our son and his wife now live in Texas. Great state! but too hot for we minnesotans. But I love having one for working and one for "dress".
Bonnie
farmgirl #298

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Tidy Aprons
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Oney Farmgirl #638
Colorado
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  07:38:24 AM  Show Profile
Still looking. I'm hoping to find a very roomy used denim jacket (Levi's would be nice) at a thrift store. I want a used one because it'll be softer and already "broken in" . My plan is to either crop the sleeves to 3/4 length and put a cuff matching the fabric I put behind my logo patch or to cut the sleeves out and let the arm holes fray a bit.

~Oney~
"There's something a little holy in taking care of the places we inhabit, in summoning sheen. And there's a power in watching over our spaces, the rooms we move within, the sets where our life stories unfold." ~Lori Hall Steele
Go to Top of Page

Peacebird
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Marianne
Afton Va
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  11:28:23 AM  Show Profile
My jacket is a well worn-in jeans jacket that I got 21 years ago. Oney - it's about as broken-in as they come! LOL! The leather trim on the color and pocket edges has long since disintegrated, and there are more than a few thread bare bits, but it has a warm quilted lining and loads of life left! I figure that as I earn merit badges I can place them strategically over some of the worn out spots! :-)
marianne

chickens clucking, bees buzzing, flowers blooming, all is good!
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  4:28:07 PM  Show Profile
Anyone know if you can get a pattern for a denim jacket? Not a mans jacket but something designed for a woman. I have problems with fit in the upper regions....always popping buttons. What a drag at times. I was thinking a patchwork/crazy quilt jacket would be nice.
But you know how things can get crazy so maybe it will be something I find in the 2 hand store.......

"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty"
Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  06:25:09 AM  Show Profile
Jessie, I LOVE the idea of the nail polish and white out to fancy-up the buttons. What a creative idea. I am currently looking for a denim jacket myself. And, I can guarantee that it will be "girlified" in some kind of way!!!

Jonnie
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page
  Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic demim jackets Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page