Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 anyone currently doing Weight Watchers?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic anyone currently doing Weight Watchers? Next Topic  

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2008 :  10:07:57 AM  Show Profile
I would love to chat with anyone currently involved in the Weight Watchers program. I think that the buddy system would be helpful

"learn to watch snails" SARK

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2008 :  2:11:54 PM  Show Profile
I was a few years ago and have been thinking of starting again. Have you been going to meetings? I found them pretty boring so I just went in for the weigh ins. How long have you been doing it?
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  12:03:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kathy
I just joined this morning. I think I am going to do the "flex" plan. I went shopping after the meeting so that I could get the right foods for the program. I am excited about it:)!!

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  2:09:18 PM  Show Profile
Good for you! This is my second time as a member. I lost 35 pounds a couple of years ago- put 15 back on over 2 yrs.

The buddy system does help- some friends of mine are going to try it alone and see if we can keep accountable.
The meetings are difficult to get to for me-
I know the program I just need the encouragemnet to stay with it when things get busy.

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  01:54:29 AM  Show Profile
well.....we can help each other out here!!! I have started with the flex plan. What plan worked for you?

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  05:58:25 AM  Show Profile
I did the flex plan- I still cook for a family(and their friends!!) so it is the most workable for me.
The water has been the thing that makes it work I think. I fill 3 water bottles and put them on the counter so I know exactly how much I need to drink-I am NOT a water drinker naturally-

I guess it keeps me from being hungry too.
This time around I've lost about 5 pounds so far- still have 10 or 12 to go!!
How about you?

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Edited by - DeepsouthMamma on Feb 24 2008 05:59:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  03:31:31 AM  Show Profile
I have 16lbs to go. I lost 12 and then gained 8 back and now I've lost 2....you know how it goes, up down, up down. So Now I have a total of 16. I love the whole points idea. Yesterday I had my breakfast and lunch, mostly fruits and veggies, bit of protein and then had chinese food at night with my leftover points and then using 4 extra points from the 35 extras for the week. Before when trying to loose weight, if I ate chinese or any other take out food I would feel like I failed or messed up and then continue eating junk for the rest of the week. Now, after counting my points, I know that i am still on track. What a great feeling!!

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  1:20:13 PM  Show Profile
I am and have had a lot of success with it! I'm dowm 53 lbs! Still have about 15 to go but thats fine with me, I know it will come off! I started with the points system in June but realized about a month ago that I was doing the CORE program and now that I am "on track" that is working great. I would recommend W.W. to anyone because it is not so much a diet but a great approach to eating long term.
Go to Top of Page

momof2jrt
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Denise
grafton wv
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  04:09:10 AM  Show Profile
Would anyone be willing to share their menus...that is what I have a problem with..

denise
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  06:50:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi Denise
Right now, I'm not really using a "menu" I have been cooking lighter and using samller portions and counting my points. One thing that I love and I don't feel "deprived" when I have it is a great big salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and a shved carrot topped with flavored tuna. Not the big cans of tuna. There are smaller cans that are flavoured with lemon, or chili peppers, tomato basil and a few other ones. This way I don't ahve to use salad dressing and I get the protein from the tuna. YUM! YUM!

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic anyone currently doing Weight Watchers? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page